Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Question: I may have asked this before but, have any of you tried playing Yoshimitsu before? I remember BSG saying at the last session I was at that one guy used Roger & Yosh as a team but other than that I haven't seen any Irish players take him up?

Yeah I used him a lot towards the end of Tekken 6. He's a really fun character but to be honest I didn't have the patience to learn to use him really well. At the time I was learning Lei and it was too much to get the most out of both!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I think Jun is fine where she is, she's so slept on for the stupidest reasons, too many high strings/stances are **** (don't use them!), Asuka is better (but Asuka is really good!) etc.

I disagree with Miguel having synergy with most of the cast, what makes him a good partner? His ff2,2 filler? Asuka has db4,3. Miguel doesn't even have good tag buffers, but Asuka can db4,3~5 off most of her launchers for a followup red life combo (how much is dealt is dependent on the partner) Miguel can only deal somwhat ok red life off his hopkick df2,1~5 which very few chars can combo off which restricts his compatibility with most of the cast.

Looking at the list again, I might drop Anna down a line for Capos, Anna's mids are pretty lacking and her mixups can be SWL'ed easily. And Capo's risk/reward is just dumb.

Myself and Kuro are heading in for casuals today if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

MazManZero wrote: »
    AK was brilliant to watch. Such an aggressive player. Wasn't expecting Saint to win either, but least it wasn't JDCR winning (nothing against him, just nice seeing other players willing Tournaments). Also Mr. Naps Snake Edging MMT to get to the next round had me in stitches laughing. :v
    It was a great tournament to watch.
    AK has such an annoying playstyle! Very american I feel. He really threw them all off guard. He also knew when to take risks too.
    Really loved him winning a few rounds with Laws extra-high-jump somersault from FC! :pac:
    Naps i feel for.
    In that final game he seemed really nervous vs JDCR. He dropped a juggle that would have won him the round and he never recovered from there.
    I can't remember who his opponent was, but when "HelpMe" was taking the piss with Paul's DeathFist every two seconds, that was hilarious also!

I was really disappointed that i never got to see ZAP Hwoarang on stream. If any of you guys find any vids of the event hit me up a link please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Hi guys I'm new to TTT2 and would like to know how to hop-..play this fantastic game

I play Alex and that damn marsupial roger

Help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Whats your PSN Nutrient? We could have a few games & chat.

Fek off Nutrient.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

Is anybody going to some casuals at the XGC this week? Preferably Saturday. I'd like to test my team before going to Dominicon... and then probably getting my arse whooped.

I should be around on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Shall be there also Neil on Saturday.

• Advertisement

I got to play Boris (a Swedish Jack player from T5 days) and oh my days, it was like 20-7 or something ;_;

But it was pretty sick, he played mostly double Jacks and Bruce/Jack. Good sets are so much fun.

Cool, man I miss online Tekken Tag 2. It's a lot better then people give it credit for.

I see you've pretty much eliminated b3 from your repitoire, well done! Apart from what I already said on TZ there's not much to say. Just be weary of being too predictable in sneaking low pokes after a punish.

Also Anti Lil

CJ punish df3+4 to avoid a mixup.
    Her WS 3 flip is weird to punish but you get a launch.
    Those two three hit strings she has with the high in the middle... can't remember notation.

Apart from that nice set, nice chicken, nice throw breaks.

Nah Lili can crush it by doing the extension altho it's really risky on her part to do so but the option is there. I think BT3+4 can crush fast enough to avoid it too.

Ye her WS3 is awkward for me to punish, must lab that.

The 3,2,3? Yeah she has a mid option after 3 that wallsplats so I didn't really want to duck that lol.

@Everyone, I hope you're all coming to Sat!

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Nah Lili can crush it by doing the extension altho it's really risky on her part to do so but the option is there. I think BT3+4 can crush fast enough to avoid it too.

Ye her WS3 is awkward for me to punish, must lab that.

The 3,2,3? Yeah she has a mid option after 3 that wallsplats so I didn't really want to duck that lol.

@Everyone, I hope you're all coming to Sat!

The extension is very punishable, I know Asuka gets df2 anyway, but not f2. Nothing beats a crouch jab after it's blocked I promise you.

I was talking about her d1,2 series

WS 3 is a little annoying, at tip range Asuka cannot punish it :(

Unfortunately I'll be in Dublin until 5ish, but if people are sticking around after I'll come in for sure!

Ranbats money has been given out, Kuro got 60% of it, I got 30% and I owe Maz 7/8 euros (10%)

This in relation to the Tournament Fergus? D: Didn't know that (me getting prize money that is). Also great games with yourself, Kuro, Bento Sento & Murderous Neil at Dominicon. Really amazing matches.

Sorry I couldn't be there lads! How did it all go down?

Kuro won, losing to Fergus on the Winner's Final, but beating me on the Losers Final and won a very close match against Fergus on the Grand Final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nIjTbxNec4

Grand Final vid is here.

• Advertisement

Nice vid. Well done lads.

Hit Byakko with Kazamas on PSN last night \o/

Oh yeah? Well I just got a house near Dublin so online here I come again hehe.... what's after Byakko? I'll get there next week.

With my NEW MAINS!!

I gave up on ranked a good while ago because I wasn't getting any like for like matches. How are they with you Fergus?

People at red ranks are way more tolerable than the ones at orange ranks, seems to be better connections and less hammy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QDKj1Rvzck

Loser's Final is finally up. So many errors I realised I made (especially not trying for a stage change after losing the 2nd match). D: Though gotta say, was a seriously fun fight for me. :V Good games Kuro.

Kuro and his Steve though..... Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Loser's Final is finally up. So many errors I realised I made (especially not trying for a stage change after losing the 2nd match). D: Though gotta say, was a seriously fun fight for me. :V Good games Kuro.

Just so you know, you can just post a video by taking the code after the = in the youtube URL, in this case _QDKj1Rvzck, and then sandwich it between

*snip*

Ah, I see the box now when you quote/"Go Advanced" reply to someone (small YouTube icon at the top right). :V Always went with quick replies so never noticed such a thing.

But yeah, cheers DooM.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

These days you can even just put the whole URL in the YouTube tags. :)

• Advertisement

Hey it looks like you're really improving a lot! Looking forward to playing soon :cool:

I wish I saw more use of Bruce's i12 frame punisher thou.... especially that nasty Law b1,2,2 string.

Advertisement