Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Hey it looks like you're really improving a lot! Looking forward to playing soon :cool:

I wish I saw more use of Bruce's i12 frame punisher thou.... especially that nasty Law b1,2,2 string.

Regret to say, I still haven't bothered much on learning certain character frame data. :/ Especially with the likes of Law and Steve, so the best I normally do is a 1,2 or a 1,4 at this point to punish. Until I learn the punishes more, I gotta just go with my own flow.

Seriously need to put more time into the game though at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Steve Steve Steve Steveeeeeeeee indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Steve is a pain... most of his moves look the same and only 2 are really launch punishable.

Shoruken (miss-spelled) = Obvious

db2 = such quick recovery I mostly miss i15 punishes :(

Apart from that you have to rely on ducking things like d2,1,2 and 3,1,1,f1 to get juicy punishes, even then their recovery is just too good.

And everything tracks upclose D: so hard to escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Steveyuken = Obvious

Fixed your spelling. :D

• Advertisement

In other news, I'm trying a Tiger/Christie team. So fun to abuse stuff haha.

Yeah! Cappos are so fun. But not as fun as my new team Lei/Feng

I hear you often gossip with Budding Fighter? He's trying out Lei with Baek.

Ye we talk a good bit.

No Zafina? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Steve Steve Steve Steveeeeeeeee indeed.

This video.... Exactly how I react when Kuro picks Steve (just need a gun now).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yeah! Cappos are so fun. But not as fun as my new team Lei/Feng

I hear you often gossip with Budding Fighter? He's trying out Lei with Baek.
    You lads seem to pick the characters I hate to play against. Lei, Feng, Asuka, etc. :(

We do our best :D

01:12:00 onwards - http://www.twitch.tv/fergus2k8/b/481806228

I play vs a pretty decent UK player.

Anyone interested in Wed casuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

Anyone interested in Wed casuals?

Can't do wednesdays. I can do saturday though.

Yeah I was gonna post up saying I can't go now, gotta save up money for rest of the week. I'm home this Saturday but I can be around next week.

I'll be able to come in next week also. Either Wednesday or Saturday, whichever more people are headed to.

Looking forward to it and so is my Wang/Jinpachi ;)

Ah here.... I was looking forward to playing this top tier Jun I'd heard so much about?

Well ............ maybe not top tier :P but certainly not bottom 5/10/15 where most people seem to put her.

• Advertisement

Who do you think is worse then her? By that logic you should have at least 15 names right?

No order

1) Alisa
    2) Xiaoyu/Miharu
    3) Lili/Sebastian
    4) Wang
    5) King (hur)
    6) Bears
    7) Zafina
    8) Dr.B
    9) Baek
    10) Angel
    11) Ancient Ogre
    12) True Ogre
    13) Yoshimitsu
    14) Forest
    15) Tiger

Are all defo worse than her, some chars I'm not sure on like Rolex/Marduk/Paul/Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Wasn't a True Ogre player in the final of Evo?

Ye he was, Bronson's just really good but the character is still ass.

Terrible movement, bad SS so a lot of stuff hits him, big hitbox for juicier combos, bad lows. Only thing really going for him is a decent throw game since his arms are hard to see ,waning moon throw for a combo and this FLY string that's natural combo on hit for wallsplat and can be stopped anywhere to go for a throw or use their hesitation for a mixup, he also has some nice reach on moves like his jab.

Still ass tho.

^^ Yeah there was, but he is just one of the best Tekken players period. Also a lot of players cannot break grabs and do not know the Ogre matchup at all! So in general you'll do great with Ogre unless you fight an amazing player (of which there are few)

3) Lili
    4) Wang
    5) King
    6) Bears
    14) Forest

I'm not so sure that Jun is better then the ones I filtered out above here... True Ogre is a tough one because as I said he's AMAZING against the ignorant/non throw breakers, also his i12 frame punisher is awesome. Apart form that though I agree she's a lot better then the rest.

She's definitely better than Lili/Wang/Bears.

Lili's tracking is really butt and it's hard vs someone who can move properly, she would be like the top of that bottom 15 tho so she's not that bad but I think Jun is just better. Jun has way better tracking than Lili does and she basically has Lili's df3 but out of a SS.

Wang's punishers are really really really bad, think he only gets 2,3 til like i15 and even then his i15 punisher has no range (hopkick). Huge downfall especially in a game like this where -11 to -14 launchers can go far. Jun has a solid i10 punisher that goes into GEN mixup, i12 is OK and i13 is sick.

Bears are just pretty bad, not much to them outside gimmicks, db2 is a great move and df2,1 is a sick whiff punisher. But their tracking and movement is pretty ass to utilize that vs good players.

She's definitely better than Lili/Wang/Bears.

Lili's tracking is really butt and it's hard vs someone who can move properly, she would be like the top of that bottom 15 tho so she's not that bad but I think Jun is just better. Jun has way better tracking than Lili does and she basically has Lili's df3 but out of a SS.

Wang's punishers are really really really bad, think he only gets 2,3 til like i15 and even then his i15 punisher has no range (hopkick). Huge downfall especially in a game like this where -11 to -14 launchers can go far. Jun has a solid i10 punisher that goes into GEN mixup, i12 is OK and i13 is sick.

Bears are just pretty bad, not much to them outside gimmicks, db2 is a great move and df2,1 is a sick whiff punisher. But their tracking and movement is pretty ass to utilize that vs good players.

You really think so? Com'on man! :cool:

Lili: The fact that SS4 comes out of SS means it's way slower to initiate, although it's still good. Lili has a nice safe mid homing move with (I don't care what people think) really good range. Also her CD has some really great moves which track well like CD3+4. The fact that ff4 is a ff motion means it has built in tracking also, you just need to get used to it. But yeah you do need to be patient against people who move well to avoid being constantly evaded, but to make up for it Lili has the best SS in the game!

Wang does have bad standing punishers, but his WS is certainly above average with WS1,1 is it? Against people using safe moves all day Jun's better punishers aren't going to help much. But Wang has the best parry in Tekken and the best throw in Tekken. Also his lows are awesome I think, he has so many and I'm sure even the best online players couldn't react to them all (:rolleyes:) Also his pokes are better then Jun's. And his movement also. I really don't think Jun's 13 frame punisher is sick, if it knocked down or wall splatted it would be, but it doesn't... :(

Bears have one thing June doesn't, A GREAT STANCE!!!! Hunting stance is sooo good when it's used well, seriously. Also (you may laugh at this) the bears have possibly the last good unblockable in the game. You didn't really play much T6 but unblockables were just a nightmare in that game. You always had to avoid teching a lot of the time in case it was coming and just take more hits on the ground. They are kinda gimmicky in comparison to Jun, but I really think they are a lot stronger then her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Wang is better than Jun IMO. Best pokes in the game and yeah, his evade is too annoying to put into words. If used correctly, defensively I see where its hard to find gaps. He suits a turtle player perfectly.

Anyone gonna be in on Saturday? Wouldn't mind some games. :V

• Advertisement

I won't be in tomorrow cuz I'm home for the weekend :( but I'll be around next week and I think others are too.

@Everyone, The Chef (player from london scene) PM'ed me on fb about a tournament in early Jan, not sure on where it is as there's no details set in stone just yet. Anyone interested in this?

Advertisement