Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I won't be in tomorrow cuz I'm home for the weekend :( but I'll be around next week and I think others are too.

@Everyone, The Chef (player from london scene) PM'ed me on fb about a tournament in early Jan, not sure on where it is as there's no details set in stone just yet. Anyone interested in this?

Well if there's TTT2 and at a convenient place, I'll be likely to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Just the XGC really Neil. I'd be in around 3 or 4pm or so if you're up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

@Everyone, The Chef (player from london scene) PM'ed me on fb about a tournament in early Jan, not sure on where it is as there's no details set in stone just yet. Anyone interested in this?
    Exam time.
    And then after that, its project time.
    THEN,
    maybe tekken time :)

So I'm not available till round the 11th Feb.

Finding Magic 4's to be very tricky. Got Bruce's done in an actual match for the first time (m4 > f+1+2 > df+4~MTS, f+1B!)

Not only that, but only finally getting Bryan's m4 > ff+1 in Practice mode. The timing on it is kinda ridiuclous. Bruce's isn't too bad, just need to practice it a little more; but Bryan's gonna take forever for me to pull off in an actual game. D: (going with a M4 > ff+1 > f+4,1B!)

Also officially did my first knee taunt + b+4 at casuals, but messed up the Jet Upper opportunity directly after it. :V Either way, still need a long way to go on these two.

Then there's Asuka and Feng I gotta get through eventually......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Anyone in for casuals on one of the days during the week? I'm home on friday for my birthday so would love some casuals before then!

• Advertisement

Could always plan a Thursday maybe? Or Wednesday I guess. I just mentioned Thursday cause I could at least be there if it was a Thursday. :V

I don't mind either day, altho I kinda prefer Wed since that's when casuals are normally on.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

do you guys play casuals on ps3 or 360 ?

We mostly play on PS3 as we have some PS3 pad players, but we can use Xbox if no one that turns up needs a PS3 and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

ok cool

• Advertisement

I think I'm gonna leave it for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Why isn't Fisherman's Godfist a thing? :c

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Why isn't Fisherman's Godfist a thing? :c
    What move are you refering to man??

@Fergus;
    Couldn't resist replying to that douchbag zanar...

Ommmg loool, yeah that guy is nuts, I'm just gonna leave it haha!

Thanks for the post anyway.

NP man.

I'm certainly not the type of guy to sit there and have friends of mine wrongfully attacked.
    **** that guy.
    And esp. when its from closed-minded belligerent biggots like that ****in dick. His ignorance and attitude is absolutely astounding.
    I hate when people have an entrenched, self-oriented perspective.

Its difficult determining the "correct" response to ppl like that sometimes...
    Galen's in the position to influence the guy (since Zanar seems to respect him) and he's got the right mind-set and of the correct character to do so. I hope he does.
    We all need help sometimes and I've a feeling that Galen will reach out to him and hopefully will be able to have a positive influence on him.
    He's certainly one of the more morally-centred and consciderate ppl on TZ.

Anyways,
    I must admit that part of me would also take great enjoyment from seeing Zanar thrown to the wolves (the offline scene of london) like AZ suggested! :evil:

BTW, i came across it from ATP speaking about him :)
    Also, what is with the pic of the girl with the blue hair? I totally missed that reference.

Hah that's the twitch emote (HotPokket), couldn't find a pic with just the head, I talk to that Luksgammers guy (Asuka/Jun player from Argentina) on skype/fb pretty much everyday about tactics and general stuff so we just do stuff like that lol.

Galen's one of my favourite posters on TZ, he's really helpful and I have no idea how he has the patience for him haha. He started a convo with me on fb and said he understands my circumstances and said he watched my TTT2 sets in the archives, he knew my game was off then heh.

But yeah, I'm just gonna stay out of that thread really haha, no talking to that guy... at least he brought some entertainment to TZ I guess lol.

But yeah, I'm just gonna stay out of that thread really haha, no talking to that guy...
    Your completely right man.
    Thats one hard lesson I've learnt in recent years.
    Sometimes ya just gotta realise when you gotta call quits.
    Besides, you don't need to prove yourself to ppl like that anyway.
    ..at least he brought some entertainment to TZ I guess lol.
    Yeah I'm actually just reading a thread about TZ being dead.... rather sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Moments like these that make me proud to be a TTT2 player

Anyone coming in for casuals today? I'll be in anyway for the tournament, just checking interest for Tekken while I'm at it.

I might as well. Something to do sure. :V

I'll bring my copy of the game.

• Advertisement

Gotta go home this weekend D:

But I'll defo be around next week.... need to get my stick fixed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yeah I'm actually just reading a thread about TZ being dead.... rather sad...
    We just need a new Tekken to be released to give it a bump. I never use that site anyway.

I have to say though, that it must be the only game (TTT2) that people on my friends list after all this time play over and over. I notice they get new games like GTA5 or COD but they still come back to it. Its such an enjoyable game. I'm sure in years to come we will look back and say what a great game Tag 2 was. Movement wise its very fluid IMO.

http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

Top 16 at NEC happening now.

AceUnlimited rocking that Jun \o/

So there's a London tourny on the 12th Jan (Sunday)

https://www.facebook.com/events/594176840652495/?source=1

Any interest? We can stay at the HoG (45 mins away on train) for like 10 pound overnight. I was thinking we could fly in on the Saturday, stay at HoG (some of them might be up for an overnight session there), go to the tourney on Sunday and stay at the HoG on Sunday night (and maybe another overnight session?) and get back early on Monday.

There's also cheap hostels that we can use for accommodation as well like http://generatorhostels.com/en/destinations/london/ (really cheap) or these http://guttertrashuk.weebly.com/accommodation.html

I think this trip will be interesting and gives an opportunity to spar with a lot of decent and new players.

Lemme know if you're interested as soon as possible!

Colour me interested. I'll have to figure out my situation financially first, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

I want your honest opinion on this, guys; do you think I should go to this? I do really like the idea of meeting with players from the UK scene, and gaining more tournament experience, but then of course, this is probably my first serious tournament (I don't think Dominicon counts as a serious tournament to a certain extent), and pretty unlikely to make Top 8 or even Top 16. Financially speaking, this should be manageable for me, once I can weigh up the costs in advance.

I want your honest opinion on this, guys; do you think I should go to this? I do really like the idea of meeting with players from the UK scene, and gaining more tournament experience, but then of course, this is probably my first serious tournament (I don't think Dominicon counts as a serious tournament to a certain extent), and pretty unlikely to make Top 8 or even Top 16. Financially speaking, this should be manageable for me, once I can weigh up the costs in advance.

Neil if you're going with the mindset that you're going to take home the bacon, I'm fairly sure it's the wrong attitude to have anyway. :)
    It shouldn't cost that much to get over and back, especially if we're only staying a weekend. I'd say by all means, go for it, but I wouldn't really call this a 'major' either. I doubt you'd miss much if you didn't go.

Tekken against other people in a different country is a great experience to have, no matter what level you are in your play, you'll always pick up new tips and tricks from people you play against, and I'm fairly sure the London crowd are an accommodating lot.

@Neil;
    Kuro's given you some great advice there.
    I just wanted to add that any time I've conversed with any of the tekken heads in the london scene they've always been dead sound.
    Eoin (BigStupidGuy) had some great things to say about his experience when he went over in August, its a few posts back.

Go to have fun and enjoy competing against good players and for the experience.
    We just need a new Tekken to be released to give it a bump. I never use that site anyway.
    Well ya know man, its a great resource. First place I go to when I'm looking to learn a character. Its great to have a place completely dedicated to the series. You'll find the info you want much quicker there than you would @ a place like "gamefaq's" or whatever anyway, thats for sure!
    There are a lot of really good pl there too.
    I'd be sad to lose the place.
    ..I'm sure in years to come we will look back and say what a great game Tag 2 was. Movement wise its very fluid IMO.
    Completely agree man.Its a really great game .
    Best of the series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

1: Anyone want casuals tomorrow?

2: I'm hopefully in for August

3: Where's the TZ thread with Zanar?

Advertisement