Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

http://www.twitch.tv/tekkenarenafr

Kick off is at 5:30 I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Sry I couldn't update, I couldn't really do much browsing on my phone with roaming besides IRC.

So I got top 32 which I'm pretty happy with considering there was 90+ people and it was generally pretty stacked.

So the pre UT session on Friday, I played with El Negro, Lil Majin, Gen1us, Buriburimaru, Mattari (the 2 JP players) and I actually did well enough in casuals :D, breaking even or losing slightly less. Then when we went out to eat, Buriburimaru and Mattari were on snapchat with Nobi randomly while eating and pulled me in to wave at him haha. They're really friendly and stuff.

I stayed with Green Lei (a good German Lei/Ling player)and another french guy at a french household on Fri night and Green Lei showed me all these broken setups with Lei/Ling so definitely gonna try that team out haha.

Made it out of my pools with some rough competition, then I won my first match vs a Yoshi/Ling from France in brackets, then I lost to Hamid from Netherlands (Hworang/Baek), I was a bit miffed about this one because I made a pretty bad decision that cost me the set, going for a low instead of a mid that would have wallsplatted for the win but meeeeeh, he was good and I was lucky enough to go over Baek before I left so it wasn't a disaster. My next match was vs MaxQuickSilver (one of Italy's top players with Ogre/Alex), I was 2-0 up then he just downloaded me completely and won the next 3 matches : ( too gooood.

I played loads of people during the casuals period like Starscream, Adnanish, Kyoko Manji and few others I can't remember off top of my head. I didn't get a chance to play Malekith unfortunately as the tourney time was pretty busy : ( Everyone was really nice and welcoming!

Overall it was a pretty sick event, and I really really recommend it to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

(Hey its Neil, decided I didn't like my old username so I made a new account, though I'm stuck with the old name on Youtube) Good job Gus, I was out during the Elimination stream so I couldn't see it unfortunately. I'm pretty surprised that Lil Majin came 1st and El Negro only came 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Well done Fergus! I played with Kyoko a good few times online. Hopefully you gained some Yoshi knowledge from me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

just a heads up..
    having a vote to decide which game will be the side tourney at our next event in galway. and it looks like ttt2 is going to win it. hope to see some of you guys there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

@Jimmy:
    What are the details?
    Got a thread/link you can point us to?

@fergichan:
    You get any matches recorded man? I'd love to watch the matches against Starscream and Kyoko.
    I was really surprised that it wasn't until the finals that ppl realised the Kyoko couldn't break throws! It was El_Negro @ Final Round all over again!
    No disrespect to either Kyoko or El_Negro intented here btw, there both great players.
    It's just crazy as you'd think that such a fundamental thing would be such a glaringly obvious weakness and noticed quicker by top players!

Nah I didn't get any of my matches recorded, only managed to get on stream to play 2 games vs J-Mike in casuals.

Here's the footage of the tourney though

And some gifs/images that one of our guys made from the stream, we may have taken over the stream : P , they let us do commentary on it for pretty much most of the stream and fiddle with the settings lol

http://imgur.com/a/J7ONV#3

Majin posted on my wall saying that me and Malekith are the best Kazamas he played vs (even if he bopped me like 15-9 : P )

I'm gonna get that top 16 next time! o/

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Oh well, maybe I can still be the Lei of Ireland :(

ttt2 won the vote. all details for the tournament will be out this week. therell be a thread on here about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Oh lovely right in the middle of the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Anyone for casuals tomorrow?

I probably will be there, Maz

https://www.facebook.com/events/695719643818259/
    tekken tourney in a few weeks

nerd_alert_25th_may.jpg

Dunno if you guys saw this yet, but there's been a breakthrough recently.

Basically with some bound moves, if you tag buffer it, it gains tracking properties (but only for certain moves for some reason)

Rallying up the Ling forums to test out her ff1+2 1+2/ff1/uf4 for tracking, if ff1+2 1+2 gains tracking to her right with ~5 tag buffer, it would help her immensely.

Anyone for casuals tomorrow?

I got exams on monday, can't go : (

Casuals on Saturday anyone?

• Advertisement

Bit early to say, but I should be available. I would like to get some final practice before heading to Galway.

I'll probably be there. Shall know for sure in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This is currently €6.69 on Xbox Live, had to pick it up at that price. Is there still an active online community?

@Eoin, I got exams on Monday so can't make it then sorry : (

@Superfurry, XBL Tekken is still thriving as far as I know.

Who's going to this thing in Galway? I'll be in Galway for a night out Saturday but the only thing that holds me back coming in Saturday is I'll be well hungover and won't be able to see the screen properly (often happens lol).

Who's going to this thing in Galway? I'll be in Galway for a night out Saturday but the only thing that holds me back coming in Saturday is I'll be well hungover and won't be able to see the screen properly (often happens lol).

few people coming from dub, mayo, ennis. and from around galway
    that i know of.

hopefully see you there. should be a fun day.. and the venue serve lovely food and drink so hangover heaven [for me anyway].. nice beer garden too

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

you're not the only one hungover! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tag 2 is currently €7 on PSN

That's right, it's that bad lol.

• Advertisement

hopefully see you there. should be a fun day.. and the venue serve lovely food and drink so hangover heaven [for me anyway].. nice beer garden too
    Sorted. :D

Advertisement