Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AaronJT6

Who's all going to the Irish Open then? I've just sorted everything so I'm definitely coming! nervous but excited for my first tourney should be a laugh looking forward to meeting you all :) Who does everyone use as their mains?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

AaronJT6 wrote: »
    Who's all going to the Irish Open then? I've just sorted everything so I'm definitely coming! nervous but excited for my first tourney should be a laugh looking forward to meeting you all :) Who does everyone use as their mains?

Good to hear mate! Glad you're taking the leap, I know it can be pretty nerve-racking entering your first tournament and meeting lots of new people, but if you enjoy fighting games at any level it is something you'll definitely not regret, and you may make some very good friends as well.

As for mains?
    I myself play M.Law and Steve, sometimes double Law when I feel extra IDGAF about dignity.

Fergus plays Jun/Asuka or Jaycee/Asuka, but can pretty much wreck you with half the cast if he feels like it.

Maz plays Bryan/Bruce and refuses to snake edge. :V

Neil AKA Macal plays Feng/Wang but used to play AK/Feng if I remember correctly. He WILL hopkick you.

Ixayek Userper plays a mean Hwoarang and secondary Kaz. Some of the best FLA pressure I've seen.

BigStupidGuy AKA Skeering has had the skankiest Asuka I've seen since T6. Very effective though.

Trecs AKA Bob AKA DebilGin mains (you guessed it) Devil Jin/Kaz, really high execution.and fast paced player. Basically, if it's a Mishima, this guy can play it.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a few other guys, they'll have no trouble introducing themselves. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Maz plays Bryan/Bruce and refuses to snake edge. :V

55227896.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Just signed up for this. Looking forward to playing in my first tournament. :)

Does anybody know any hotels near the dublincitihotel? I'm having trouble getting a room for me and a friend for the weekend :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

AaronJT6 wrote: »
    Does anybody know any hotels near the dublincitihotel? I'm having trouble getting a room for me and a friend for the weekend :\
    I do believe there is a discount available to stay at the venue.
    Check the Irish-Open thread/facebook event page.

Just signed up for the open myself. :)
    Looking forward to seeing the new faces.

@the first timers:
    Don't be afraid to come up and say hey to me;
    I'll be the only long-haired ginger in the building, ya can't miss me! ;) :pac:

Yea there is but there rooms are all taken im tryin to see if there are ones nearby so ican still come.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Consider looking into hostels. I'm very familiar with the south side of Dublin City and there are lots of them that are at a walking distance to the venue.

If you're really desperate there's always the Apache Pizza Hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'll do up a wee RFD post.

So my pools consisted of Isawayto from Holland (Raven/Lars) Enzo (Ancient Ogre/Wang) and Desariel (Alisa/Jinpachi), top German player. Desariel (this guy is hella buff for an Alisa player) was late for his pool, so people assumed the Germans got DQ'ed, I won my matches vs Isawayto and Enzo, both 2-0 then I lost 1-2 vs Desarial who arrived on time but since top 2 advanced through anyway, it didn't matter. Myself and Desarial made it through.

First match in brackets was vs Sofiane from Holland, Kazuya/Heihachi, I lost 1-3 vs him so I got sent to losers in the first round.

Then my next match was vs Hasaldo, also known as DivineJinKazama, one of better players in Holland. I won that one 3-2, went down to the last round, managed to get cancans in to win the round.

Then I played vs my own teammate, SpaghettiRip/Hassan, Christie/Law, I won that one 3-1, was a bit annoying having to knock a fellow CKT member out :/

After that, I had to play Kyoko Manji from Holland (got so many dutch opps), prob 2nd best there and he's Yoshi and Raven of EU, I won that set 3-1, he got a bit salty over Jun afterwards :(

Then I had to play Angelo, Kyoko's student, Raven/Kunimitsu (Holland has so many ninja chars omg), I won that one 3-0.

Then.... : (

I got Kalak (Lili/Leo), who I was so sure I was going to beat since I did really well vs him at UT, it went down to 2-2, last round, I choked up big time and did silly things and he punished me for it, and eliminated me thus securing me 5th place. We invited some people over to our apartment to play some after tourney casuals, Kalak being one of them and I managed to win our runback set \o/

I managed to get a set in with Sephiblack (Jin/Miguel) in casuals, went down to the very final round (this seems to be a trend), last 10% health each, we were just dancing around trying to find a way then I just ate Miguels shoulder charge and died, rip.

Overall it was a really fun event, so many top players there to play in casuals, really surprised with my placement, bit surreal studying actual top tier players playing their matches in case they were my potential opponents in the top 8.

Tissuemon... he was staying with us at the apartment over the 3 days, and he is a beast. I have no idea how he lost like he did in the tournament, his whiff punishing is insane, he was whiff punishing my Asuka ss4 and b4 and that's pretty fast recovery wise.

Didn't get to play Malekith again :'(

@Aaron, had a look around myself, it seems to be selling out alright : (

I'll look again tomorrow and I'll link it to you on fb if I find something good.

@pdomara, excellent! Looking forward to playing you.

• Advertisement

Yep I been searching for like 2 days, everything is way to expensive. Might have to give this a miss not looking good :\

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Just stay in a crappy hostel, it can't be too expensive? Or you could ask one of the players to couch surf?

I know I made a joke about it but since we're getting desperate, I just looked at the prices on the Apache Pizza Hostel for you guys, 13.80 for one night. You're not going to get much cheaper. They have only 3 rooms left. I can imagine the place is pretty whack on quality, but a bed's a bed.

Heck, at RFD I was sleeping on a couch for 3 nights. Fergus was sleeping on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yeah I'd recommend going to at least one tournament Aaron.
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    and Desariel (Alisa/Jinpachi), top German player.
    I hate fighting against that guy. I once said I'd sit and wait for him to come to me because he is one of the biggest turtles I've ever faced. He danced around until near the end of the round, and yet somehow won.
    After that, I had to play Kyoko Manji from Holland (got so many dutch opps), prob 2nd best there and he's Yoshi and Raven of EU, I won that set 3-1, he got a bit salty over Jun afterwards :(

I don't know about Raven but there is better European Yoshi's I've faced. But then again that could just be the match-up. When I was playing regularly we played about 5 games. I was using Yosh/Ak and won them all. We did do 1 game solo Yosh vs Yosh and he beat me. He got annoyed too and said why I use so many hopkicks :p I didn't think I did.

I don't know about Raven but there is better European Yoshi's I've faced.

There are lots of great players out there. The problem is, if you don't go to tournaments, then it doesn't matter how good you are, no one cares.

Tough love I know....

I like fighting people who just bdc as Asuka, they underestimate her db3 range >: ) then they're just locked down with db3/d2

I haven't played many Yoshis, only notable ones were evildice's from italy, kaneandtrench's Yoshi from UK and yours even tho we haven't played that much, but I prefer Kyoko's out of all of em (no offense intended) what other Yoshis are there?

Lee/Violet are not that strong, they really struggle with opening turtles up, and the way TTT2 works in terms of the neutral/meta-game where poke chars have to poke down one char then the opp tags and the momentum shifts because the lifelead has swapped.

Lee is one of the more affected chars by that change in the meta-game, however you could argue that TTT2 has made him decent indirectly purely due to his carry potential and his TA fillers. But as a character on his own, he is pretty weak.

Changs are significantly stronger than where you placed them, I would swap Changs with Violee on that list, maybe Violee even lower than that, Changs are ridiculous in this game, due to how well they can dictate the pace of the match, they can be really defensive with just ff1, d3, magic 4, shotguns or go ham with the wardrums/fc mixup/high reward mid launchers/strong throws (especially Michelle). A good Chang player will be extremely hard to take health off and to keep the lifelead vs. Maybe the bottom of top 10 or slightly higher.

I'd swap Bryan or AK with Asuka, it's really silly how underrated Asuka is in this game.

Junknown is a little too high, they don't control space as well as Asuka can, so I'd swap Lili and Jack-6 with Junknown.

Tiger isn't that horrible, he might not have b1,4 but he still has the RLX 50/50, df2, good throws, ss4 etc. I'd swap him with Kuni, Kuni is so so so bad in this game, she has really ****ty lows and really bad oki off her throws, and she doesn't even have a 1+2 break grab unless paired with Yoshi.

P-Jack is really bad compared to JAck 6, the range difference is pretty big, not only for poking but P-Jack also has weaker combos due to shorter limbs, I'd put him down where AO/Baek and co. are.

Anna is a really weird character to place on a list, because she really really depends on the player and how good they are at reading, because if you have Anna with a partner that lets her do 50% combos off her 50/50, and sets it up for her you have a really fking scary character.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/ttt2/index.html?tc=ya0-trdffwer9x7sk1nhjpenc3ix7vknjuiy5weq5ybwc1hm9xev1qe23ueo7xbwa0g45ybvi1eqe1fj3td9bxg3c0dd9xdc7wg5e0h13teshtaik2hqk1c25ybwfzdbdyhj5wg47yhjbwizbvhh7yj29wgc1rdc5w96k1j2fxgbhzbsk1iwdwhmg1hni1j8jyg8fzg9k1g99xd8jvd7hweufxj0hueok2by7zm2jtbwdyhie0-bkf

^ That's my list (the rows aren't ordered, so eg Lars isn't better than Nina and Nina isn't better than Bruce etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I like fighting people who just bdc as Asuka, they underestimate her db3 range >: ) then they're just locked down with db3/d2

I haven't played many Yoshis, only notable ones were evildice's from italy, kaneandtrench's Yoshi from UK and yours even tho we haven't played that much, but I prefer Kyoko's out of all of em (no offense intended) what other Yoshis are there?
    I'm not doubting he's very good, thats easy to see. Again its just about the match-up. There's many players that would be easy to him and they would be difficult for me. And theres plenty he's learned that I don't know.

Gyzmo would probably be the best I've faced, but it's been a long time ago. He plays very differently than Kyoko or others as he punishs very well and isn't all that offensive which is pretty unusual for most Yosh's. I play a lot with leokJuliairlines and he once had a superb Yoshi in T6 etc., but he doesn't play it all that more and it doesn't trouble me now (he just uses Julia/Panda or whatever). Thandradull is another excellent player. If you want to see a real flashy, tricky Yosh then Dashikamaru. I know I'm forgeting others.

True Ogre, King, rolex, law, wang, paul. They're the only ones who I'd question on the list, can you elaborate on them more Fergus?

Throws are good in this game, so I was surprised at Ogre, rolex (also good pokes) and King to be honest. Also, if we're doing a list based off of what is theoretically possible (which is obvious since Mishimas are always up top) then shouldn't Wang be higher because of his parry?

Paul's 50/50's are so good that I really would have put him higher due to his a ability to shift the momentum of a match?

• Advertisement

With True Ogre, grabs are all he has really, his tracking is really bad and once you get in on top of him, he can be easily overwhelmed as the only decent crush move he has is b3 which is slow. You can SWR a lot of his stuff after a blocked jab, and when you block stuff like f1+2 and b2, you can easily take your own momentum as they are pretty - on block, plus his huge hitbox allows for way stronger combos on him and even some unique combo starters where you wouldn't get on other chars.

Rolex are not that great, I've played ghirlanda loads at RFD (he was staying with us) and if you can bdc well, Rolex becomes really weak, you can eat d2 then bdc a 2nd d2 and whiff punish it, their range and punishing are pretty ****, they're really only strong at the wall, but having a char that's only strong at the wall isn't a good thing to have.

Law, I might have put him a little bit too low, he's just so - on his offense and his range game + whiff punishing sucks, db3 is nice but his mids are kinda lacking with the exception of b4.

Paul has to be in your face for his 50/50s and vs a moving opp, that's hard to do, break that down and all he has really is SWY 4 and df2 for open play, obv like Rolex, he's strong at the wall but pretty weak in open.

I have a bit of a personal hate for Wang lol, I do think he might be a bit higher than where I've placed him, I haven't updated this list in a while, his uf3 is so annoying and is amazing for his FC mixup, then he has snake dash into lows/grabs and his DF is really awkward to punish even with Kazama f2.

I don't think King is that good, he has really poor lows, you could argue that you can make them duck with his grabs, but you'd have to guess right on them standing up then them not breaking the grab, as opposed to just simply hitting someone with a low if they're standing. f4 is pretty slow for a homing move, easily floated, ducking at a certain range is really strong vs King.

I have a bit of a personal hate for Wang lol,

:cool:

Nice elaboration! I suppose the better you get at Tekken the more you understand how to escape all the BS that intermediate players struggle with. And yeah, I agree that Wang really does have a lot of tricks.

Just a copy and paste from my post on the Irish Open FB page, should give it a go!
    For the Tekken people coming, lets introduce some extra fun/hype
    After the TTT2 tourney, we should have a few hours left over for casuals, so I'll have an open challenge for everyone, I'll play solo Mokujin vs w/e team you want to play (mains, alts etc) with 5 or 10 euros on the line in a FT3 (either amount is up to you, I can play for either) and I'll take as many challenges as time allows One challenge per person!
    Will the MokuGods shine in your favour or mine? Come down and find out!

https://www.facebook.com/events/560353964071300/?fref=ts

I'm heading off to this, if anyone else is interested, please let me know, plane tickets are going for 50-60 euros atm

Well that was a short retirement.

I'm gonna give this a miss for the moment, apparently Slugfest is on every three months though so I won't have long to wait for the next one.

I'm just wondering what other Euro tourneys will be on next year. Winter Assembly, UT?

F**k me I'd go to that in heartbeat if I were home. Oh well.... I'll catch up with you all in the T7 days I guess. Also the last of the TTT2 days if it does come out in a year like planned.

Aye Neil, I'm not really gonna play other than this, I've already planned to go to this for ages xD

Gonna try out my Asuka/Lars team here, maybe new main!

Asuka/Lars?

Good grief, simultaneous high/low crushing all day.

• Advertisement

They are a great team. I remember that at the start of TTT2 Malekith said he was divided between Jun/Lars, but sure, I suppose he works well with at least a few characters?

Advertisement