Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Looks like the slugfest was a good tournament? Close finals also, never heard of the guy Fergus lost to in losers though, is he well known?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yeah it was a fun tourney, HoG is sick.

That guy is an up and coming player, 17 years of age, plays a lot online, really nice guy, he was very excited about the whole tourney, was pretty admirable. We played loads in casuals, need to get into the mindset that tourney sets are just casuals since I do amazing in them (and they were trying)

Vs Dino, I wanted to try out Asuka/Lars and I guess my stubbornness got to me and I refused to switch to Jun/Julia even 2-0 down. (We had casuals later and I won like 6-0 with Jun D: )

I had to play Fireblade from France, their best Jin and he was 2-0 up vs my Jun and I switched to Julia and ran it all the way back to 3-2 me :O

Little disappointed with the result as I think I could have made higher, but even if it was only like 32/33 people, it was pretty stacked so I'm happy enough. I definitely recommend going to the next one.

I've played vs a guy called DaitenJin a lot in casuals, he was easily the best player there, not sure how he lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

It was a strange tourney alright. I don't think anyone would've guessed Grand Finals would've been between Phantom (Raven/Wang, Ancient Ogre/Unknown) and Bonus Jin (Zafina/Nina). Are tiers lists even relevant in EU TTT2?

Yep, Europe is infamous for it's weird teams, especially Italy/France with all the Lei, Yoshi and Lings.

That's because no one here knows the matchups, so weird choices are wise choices :)

• Advertisement

Well asides character choice, most people would have assumed on recent tourney results that Grand Finals would have been between either Daitenjin, Dinosaur, Roo Kang and/or Gus himself.

I can say I know most matchups for all the chars for Feng/Wang. For me it's more to do with reflexes, and I don't have the finest reflexes with my lack of experience. Eg. I know Feng/Wang can punish Bear's ff+2 with Feng's f+1+2 and Wang's f+1+2. They're aren't any Bears players in Ireland or even the UK AFAIK, so I'm kinda screwed for getting IRL match experience.

My GF prediction was DaitenJin vs Dino/Rookang.

I can play a pretty mean Panda, I'll use her next time vs you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Well lads. I'm back home so I have the opportunity to be online over the next couple weeks. PSN is novi_glitzko, PM me if ya wanna duel!

http://www.twitch.tv/setnomessej/b/601524550

A new podcast series hosted by Setnomessej.

First guest is P. Ling. Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Long shot to ask, but anyone able for casuals tomorrow? I can actually make it (for once) if people can go. :V

• Advertisement

MazManZero wrote: »
    Long shot to ask, but anyone able for casuals tomorrow? I can actually make it (for once) if people can go. :V

I can make it.

I can't make it, got family over tomorrow D:

Just had some of the most hilarious casuals with Neil. :V That and Armor King/Bryan is actually a pretty interesting team. Might go with them more if I can improve on my AK.

MazManZero wrote: »
    Just had some of the most hilarious casuals with Neil. :V That and Armor King/Bryan is actually a pretty interesting team. Might go with them more if I can improve on my AK.

Oh no, you've caught the team experimentation bug. You're going to be trying other Bryan/insert character teams from now and will never be able to stick to one.

You probably caught it from me (trying out Feng/insert char), and I probably caught it from Fergus (has tried Asuka/everyone).

Ah who cares T7 is coming out whooo!

Ah who cares T7 is coming out whooo!

Um, when?

Hopefully around the time I can actually play again lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

March is much closer than I would have expected. :)

Any word on any extra characters? Still seen nothing on Yosh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ylizAss-4k

JDCR has started doing a youtube tutorial series. What are you waiting for, watch and sub to it already.

Anyone up for casuals on Wednesday? A polish tekken player msg'ed me on FB saying that he's living in Dublin atm, he's gonna let me know tomorrow if he can make it on Wednesday for casuals, he's interested in meeting the Irish tekken players and get some ggs going, anyone up for it?

• Advertisement

Would, but work. :/

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Anyone up for casuals on Wednesday? A polish tekken player msg'ed me on FB saying that he's living in Dublin atm, he's gonna let me know tomorrow if he can make it on Wednesday for casuals, he's interested in meeting the Irish tekken players and get some ggs going, anyone up for it?
    Got exams till the 17th Jan then I'll have a project that I'll be working on till around the 8th~ish Feb.
    After that I should hope to have a bit more free time and will hopefully be able to get into you guys and play :)

@BSG:
    Dude, when you returning anyway?
    Also, check your PM's :pac:

I'll be back earliest in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Anyone up for some games next Saturday? I'm back at home so the internet is crap and I have no one to play.

omara95 wrote: »
    Anyone up for some games next Saturday? I'm back at home so the internet is crap and I have no one to play.

I should be available.

HIGHLY unlikely that I will be, but if the god's favour me i might...
    Will make it if i can :)

I'm up for that

We're having a TTT2 tourney on the 28th of February, I'll be running the TTT2 tourney.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1604389436449599

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057371136

Would be good if people can make it out to this.

If possible, can anyone bring setups please? I can provide a PS3 and maybe a TV (don't have any monitors)

• Advertisement

@Omara and Neil
    Won't be able to make saturday, sorry lads. :(

@Gussy:
    I really doubt I'll be able to make it man.
    Gonna be completely smashed for cash!
    My cuz's wedding is on the 20th and my dad's 50th is on the 21st of this month!!

I'll let ya know closer to the event anyways.

Advertisement