Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Fergus shall be invading London.

Kuro and I are invading Scotland.

Simon "The Truth", our RTH champion (who beat Fergus in an excellent Grand Finals) might be joining as well if he can get time off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Macal wrote: »
    Fergus shall be invading London.

Kuro and I are invading Scotland.

Simon "The Truth", our RTH champion (who beat Fergus in an excellent Grand Finals) might be joining as well if he can get time off work.

Is there videos of the final you mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

There was a missing cable so TTT2 couldn't be streamed. I have the replays on my PS3 so I'll save them and upload them when I get a chance to. 0.3 here so gonna have to be at someones place to upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Tekken community taking the **** end of everything. :pac:

Who's Simon? He must be good yeah?

• Advertisement

Oldschool player from Belfast, plays Wang/Pachi, pretty good!

I remember someone saying that you couldn't call yourself champion of Ireland unless you beat Simon. That guy Traideman was complaining that he was better and had proven himself so.

This must be that guy then, I never though he could've beaten you though, that's awesome for the scene!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

MazManZero wrote: »
    Tekken community taking the **** end of everything. :pac:

Was nobody's fault, a cable wasn't brought due to a miscommunication.

Hah hah, not trying to cause drama Onion (apologies if you weren't assuming I was). If anything, Tekken had the least amount of players for the tournament also, so it's understandable. Just a shame on the missing cable though. Would have liked to see the replays (annoyed I missed out on it), but can't be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Maz,
    I saw this and thought of you! <3

If you can pull this is off in a real match (online counts) you'll be my hero 4 LIFE!!
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Who's Simon? He must be good yeah?

Back in 2008, he came 4th out of what had to be at least 100 players from all over Europe in the T5:DR tournament at Battle of Destiny. 3rd place was Ryan Hart, who went on to win T5:DR at Evo literally the next weekend. (1st and 2nd were two pretty-much-unknown Polish brothers, I seem to recall). So yeah, he is pretty good as it turns out.

Here's some footage of him from last year's Q-Con:

Maz,
    I saw this and thought of you! <3

If you can pull this is off in a real match (online counts) you'll be my hero 4 LIFE!!
    :pac:

latest?cb=20140324041430&path-prefix=protagonist

I'll try.

Just a new target to level up to beat innit :cool:

But nah, he did play better at the time so can't say much, would love to play more and work on certain stuff.

The 2 Polish players were probably Devil and his brother MattJF or Frizen (I keep mixing them up)

Managed to scavenge some sets from R2H on my PS3 and uploaded in college.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Fergus61293/videos

I threw away so many matches T_T

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah just for the record I had every intention of streaming tekken for an hour or 2, however there was a fault in the venue's system on the day and I simply didn't have the gear on hand to deal with it (you should have seen the sloppy patch job I had to do to get Sm4sh working). Throw HDCP on top of that and the possiblity of no sound when you were playing... the decision not to stream was better for the players, IMO.

That was a good Grand Finals, nice to watch thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Sorry about late notice but I'll be in Dublin 'til half three if ye are doing casuals?

Sorry about late notice but I'll be in Dublin 'til half three if ye are doing casuals?

I'll be there around 2-ish, Novi.

Nice one. :) Unfortunately I don't have any PS gear with me or a copy of the game. Is that ok? If you can come earlier try and do 'cos I'm free at the minute and have to leave at half 3 sharp.

Anyone up for casuals Wednesday & Thursday? Free from 1-4.

• Advertisement

Anyone up for casuals Wednesday & Thursday? Free from 1-4.

Can do wednesday. Should be there around 2ish.

I'll try and make it, I got stuff to do on Wed morning in Dublin. Can be there for 1.

Great stuff see ya there for 1!

9 people for TTT2 casuals today, largest I've seen in a long time. Granted that's the usual turnout for Ultra on most weeks, but it still impresses me that Tag 2 manages to hang on in it's latter days. GGs to all.

Definitely and we should keep this up to T7 for all the newcomers :D

Final Round for TTT2

Inkog Vs Naps
    Inkog Vs Speedkicks
    Inkog Vs JDCR

So many good matches.

This gif doe. :v

DmDCEiN.gif

You could literally hear the sound of Speed's ego being punctured after being hit by that EWGF.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I dont think I've ever seen JDCR take as much pleasure in ruining someones day.
    I'd genuinely love to know the entirety of Speed's master plan for beating JDCR.

Anyway,
    I thought JDCR vs NAPS was also an exceptional match. So engaging for me.
    Jimmy was uncharacteristically off with his ranging in that match.
    I lost count of the number of times he whiffed Bry's QCB 2.
    Seemed he was very nervy of approaching JDCR.
    Also, still can't believe BMNS13 made to top8.
    He's got a good rush-down but honestly he's not a very solid player.
    I really think it exposed America's lack of experience in dealing with Team Korea. :confused:
    I was very surprised how cagey even Naps was when playing him.
    There were a lot of holes in his game that I thought Naps would look to expose but didn't.
    Really, BMNS aint a patch on SpeedKicks.

• Advertisement

Also, still can't believe BMNS13 made to top8.
    He's got a good rush-down but honestly he's not a very solid player.
    I really think it exposed America's lack of experience in dealing with Team Korea. :confused:
    I was very surprised how cagey even Naps was when playing him.
    There were a lot of holes in his game that I thought Naps would look to expose but didn't.
    Really, BMNS aint a patch on SpeedKicks.

Well that it's though, almost nobody in the US plays Hwoarang, let alone Baek. I won't be afraid to admit that while I'm pretty comfortable against Hwo, I definitely lack the Baek experience to be cheesed out the way BMNS-13 did against all the US players (bar Inkog, who has played many casuals against him). I know the strings such as option selecting all the follow-ups from ws+4,4 with SSR, df, but it's more an issue of reflexes that imo can only come from playing matches.

WayGamble managed to cheese his way into top 6 with the Feng/Unknown "zoning". Trungy seemed to be baffled against her despite Kodee coaching from the side. Then of course he got caught out by BMNS-13 for not using homing moves at all against FLA.

Advertisement