Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

LOL Wayne was PMing me on FB for the past 6 months grilling me for Jun info and we had a little argument on the usage of Unknown's spikes cuz I think they're ass at neutral because you can block one then dash in for free pretty much nullifying the point of using them for spacing but he thinks otherwise xd

But 5th is a sick placement for a tourney like FR anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Fergus_ wrote: »
    LOL Wayne was PMing me on FB for the past 6 months grilling me for Jun info and we had a little argument on the usage of Unknown's spikes cuz I think they're ass at neutral because you can block one then dash in for free pretty much nullifying the point of using them for spacing but he thinks otherwise xd

But 5th is a sick placement for a tourney like FR anyway.

Honestly, if it wasn't so close to the date, I would try to learn Feng/Unknown and try to do the same at Hypespotting lol. The damage on that team seems mad buff as well.

It's actually just ok, it's more how Feng can let Unknown do his combos for him cuz his damage sucks.

I tried it out, the wall damage is decent but open dmg is pretty average from what I can see.

It's actually just ok, it's more how Feng can let Unknown do his combos for him cuz his damage sucks.

I tried it out, the wall damage is decent but open dmg is pretty average from what I can see.

I wouldn't say Feng's combo damage sucks entirely. If you want the post-bound f+3,4 oki or tag buffer then yeah you do lose a lot, but his combos that end with b+1+2 boost it significantly at the cost of having no oki. That can be applied to the majority of the cast it's just that Feng's loses out more than others when opting for oki instead of damage.

Launchers are the issue imo with Feng. His hopkick can't reach for ****; ss whiff punishing only and f+3,4 is only going to punish large or well read whiffs/raw tags. WS+3 is solid as a crouch launcher and qcf+2 and db+4 are decent when you feel like partying.

B+1+2 would be godlike as whiff punisher if this weren't a tag game where launch damage is significantly more favourable than KND punishers, and the KND from b+1+2 is so far that it gives the opponent a free raw tag.

I'm pretty sure you can still punish raw tags from b1+2 whiff punish from my limited time with Feng.

I can see Feng being super strong in a 1v1 game where the damage from pokes stays as opposed to the momentum shifting when your opponent tags in a 2v2 meta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

LOL Wayne was PMing me on FB for the past 6 months grilling me for Jun info

What does he want to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Macal wrote: »
    Well that it's though, almost nobody in the US plays Hwoarang, let alone Baek. I won't be afraid to admit that while I'm pretty comfortable against Hwo, I definitely lack the Baek experience to be cheesed out the way BMNS-13 did against all the US players (bar Inkog, who has played many casuals against him). I know the strings such as option selecting all the follow-ups from ws+4,4 with SSR, df, but it's more an issue of reflexes that imo can only come from playing matches.
    See man my gripe is that for an aweful lot of his stuff, you can simply go into the lab to practice against it.
    No one was ducking the Baeks d/f+1,3. Nor low parrying/duck iWS4 the 4th hit of his 1,2,3,4_3 strings. Ppl weren't even punishing his 4,4_d+4,4,4 string (-11)
    This was especially surprising when Naps, who's regarded as a guy who spends a lot of the time in the lab, wasn't even doing it.

For me, it just showed they never went into the lab with him
    Macal wrote: »
    WayGamble managed to cheese his way into top 6 with the Feng/Unknown "zoning".
    I was also really surprised to see Way make it that far with the way he was playing that team.
    Where was Majin? KoDee?
    Anyone got a link to the final brackets?

LukeLive made an unofficial bracket, I think everything is right besides losers round 6.

http://challonge.com/FinalRound18

Majin got put into losers by BMNS-13 and Kodee got put into losers by JFJ and lost to Fuko, who was put into losers by Rip and also knocked out Majin in the top 16.

Majin has apparently been focusing more on Guilty Gear Xrd these days which is a part of the reason why he's been off his game a bit.

The brackets for Top 32 didn't seem as well as organized as the could have been with a lot of favorites for Top 8 playing against each very other early on.

@Usurper this kind of shows my lack of comfort against Baek. Not punishing 1+2,4, his Sky Rocket, ff+4,3 etc and I think I let 3 ff+3s whiff even though I SWL to bait whiff punishes. I guess I get scared of ff+3 realigning and catching the late frames of the SWL. Letting Simon's Armor King bully and throw me didn't help either. Overall I was probably too respectful in the majority and probably won the sixth match because I got angry and started to bully Simon back..

Dunno what's with the random noises and DOA commentary in the background.

• Advertisement

...I can explain. Just to followup on that vid ^ (Taken from Fb group)

I'm gonna take my PS3 to events now (including XGC casuals) to get more footage for the Irish Tekken scene on my channel. So if you want a match/set vs anyone recorded and uploaded, let me know at the time so I can save the replays before they're overwritten. I'll take the PS3 home, record it and when I have time in college days, I can upload them (my upload speed at home is way too slow) PS3 TTT2 keeps a record of the last 50 matches iirc but let me know after the match/set if you want it up so I can save them then.

Here are the matches from the Belfast session that myself, Neil and The Truth attended.

There's some background noise on Neil vs Me and Neil vs Truth, I apologize for that, forgot that xsplit will pickup other noise from my laptop, I was watching vids/streams while recordint -.- I'll be careful next time!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Fergus61293/videos

Neil check your PM's man.

@Gussy.
    I think it's a great idea to record the matches man. I'd love to be able to analyse more of my own play.

Found something really nice with Jun yesterday, figured I'd share.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g1fxk5mO2vD0ikR4ei-guuvfwHMP8az-39bOpjF656o/edit

Need to test it in a real match tho but looks promising.

Gussy, if it's as good as you claim in the description that is some great find!
    Those situations where the opponent is unable to tech properly can produce great stuff.
    I may have a find of my own up my sleeve, inspired in part by KoDee's tech catch tag-assault situation ;)
    Like yourself I gotta test it, but, if it works like I *hope*, then it's gonna be sooo bloody broken! :D

Also,
    The match from top 32(?) at FR where Speedkicks 3-0'ed Incognito:
    https://youtu.be/hOQBYFISNYk

That crowd would get to me too Incog.... :(

"LordSaviours" channel has a lot of the vids that weren't streamed, including KoDee vs Fuko, Kor vs Fuko etc. etc.

Just not sure why those wall slumps happens, Julia's 1+2,4 bf1+2 gives the same situation, where you can do ufn4 tech trap or 1+2,4 if they don't tech (which normally doesn't even hit grounded)

Like this - https://youtu.be/hK4GWV0MOF4?t=845

But I'll ask Jimmy the next time I see him in a twitch chat :D

That situation is especially good because of how Asuka works. I always hit the wal at least once a round with Jun/Julia either from their launchers or Asuka's (into db4,3~5)

Also,
    The match from top 32(?) at FR where Speedkicks 3-0'ed Incognito:
    https://youtu.be/hOQBYFISNYk

That crowd would get to me too Incog.... :(

Well that's the Atlanta crowd for you. Notorious for **** talk. They kinda got their just desserts though, Speed got a beatdown from JDCR and 3 California players made Top 4.

The online Tekken world has been taken by storm in JDCR's defeat to Abel Del Maestro of Peru last night. Not to mention JDCR wasn't even in winner finals at this tournament;which hasn't happened in god know how long.

Naturally, instead of complementing the Peruvians on their skills for defeating JDCR, or even making him work for his victory, people have bashed Abel for winning with Double Capos. Haven't seen the whole match but I'm sure there's much more to it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Just nice to see someone has beaten him again. I'm no capo fan myself, but he won; so fair play to him.

I've been hearing the most ridiculous rumours over this. Like them starving JDCR and keeping him up at night so he'd be fatigued etc.

JDCR did say to Anakin that the Peru hosts were the worst he had so who knows.

From JDCR himself;

I got back from Peru and I have something to say about Peru Trip.

I have traveled over 15 countries and joined around 30 tekken event & tournament.
    This time Peru Trip was the worst ever.
    Everything was a lie.

People behavior.

They always make thing so late.
    I always had to wait for appointments everyday.
    one time 7 hours, one time they ended up not showing up.
    even at the last day, I had to wait one hour as well before my flight.
    Tournament? started one hour later.

I was staying with spanish (They came from Final Round as well to join the tournament) when we went to eat something fun happened.
    one of the spanish ordered fish food but when the food came he didn't eat at all and left the restaurant. I had no idea whats going on since they were speaking in spanish. But, later I heard that the spanish guy kept saying he can't eat fish at all to the peruvian like 10 times, but they finally ordered fish for him.

Funny thing is they never listen to the spanish, only listen to me.
    When the spanish asked them for something, they were always negative,
    when i did, positive...

Hotel.

They promised to give me a hotel.
    But when I arrived, I got a small room that costs around 10USD.
    It was in the central of city
    but I couldn't sleep at all because the place became too loud with cars and people in the morning and during the day it was too hot (no air conditioner)
    I had to find room in safe and clean area myself two times (even in the morning of tournament day too.)

Tournament?

They told me, when I was yet in korea, the tournament would be with 80 participants. Also they asked me to do announce on my youtube channel that I'm coming peru and in the script there was some part of mentioning about Peru, Venezuela, Brazil, Chile and etc. literally all the countries in the south america. So I thought it would be a great tournament.

When I went to tournament place to see (saturday, tournament was sunday) I couldn't believe my eyes.
    the tournament area was the poorest and dangerous area I had even seen. even in Lima. Smaller than my room, No bathroom. No air conditioner. Nowhere to eat. Dogs eating garbage bag on the street...scary thing was they tried to make me stay that area during my trip.

Saturday night back in my room, I find out about the tournament pools.
    It had only 4 pools with 28 participants..I was so sad and mad that they were even lying on the tournament and I was treated like this..literally I had no reason to play and didn't want to. But there was nothing I could do. During the tournament I had only cookie and 2 bottles of water. When the tournament was over. I was just so glad that I could leave there. As a result, I got second and I had to ask them (they never tell me anything before I ask) if there is something for second.
    But the answer was, they have spent so much money for my flight so there is nothing. What did I do?

Also they announced that the tournament would be streamed on my twitch channel, but they didn't ask me until the tournament day.

There are more stories but..personal things..

I dont want to call it 'tournament' and I feel shame that I was there.
    I learned a few lesson from this trip and
    one of these is never be on a trip to South America ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

That's really ridiculous...

I can only imagine how horrible an experience it was for the guy....
    I think it's one of the worst feelings in the world to be forced to be present in a strange and dangerous place with no support and to feel like you are surrounded by ppl of a deceptive nature.

Well,
    At least he gets to go to Lionz Den now, where I'm sure he'll have a good time :)

^ We'll ensure of that since he's staying with us ;)

^ We'll ensure of that since he's staying with us ;)

CKT JDCR

We have a shirt for him and Help Me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fergus how did you do at Lionz Den 2?

Got out of pools at 1st with 16-0 result

In top 32 losers now, tourney resumes tomorrow.

I'm out and got 15th place which I'm happy enough with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RS|Simon "The Truth" Lau got 3rd at Hypespotting 4.

@Fergus well done! :)

Advertisement