Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does maths have to be included in your top 6?

• 21-05-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Someone told me today that that has to be one of the 6 for points,plus the 5 highest?
    Is this right? Why do I only know now!?
    Panicking!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

No, top 6 of any combination.

I didn't use it in my top 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Leeg17 wrote: »
    No, top 6 of any combination.

I didn't use it in my top 6.

Phew, thank god!
    Couldnt believe it when it was said today. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

They're thinking of the bonus points for HL maths. If your points in maths WITH the bonus points added on is in your top 6, you count it. If not, you don't. If you don't count maths in your top 6, you don't randomly get the 25 points added on to your points.

finality wrote: »
    They're thinking of the bonus points for HL maths. If your points in maths WITH the bonus points added on is in your top 6, you count it. If not, you don't. If you don't count maths in your top 6, you don't randomly get the 25 points added on to your points.

No no, they're in pass with me, just got told by someone thats how it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

biohaiid wrote: »
    No no, they're in pass with me, just got told by someone thats how it was.

I thought maybe that was where the confusion was coming from though, a lot of people were confused about that.

• Advertisement

Not to doubt whoevers already posted, but Ive mentioned it to a few more people and they all pressumed maths was one of the 6. Anyone else know for SURE that its not!? :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not.
    A course may require a certain level of Maths, but that is a separate issue.

Advertisement