Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse Lifeline Insurance

Options
  • 21-05-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I recently had my brand new iPhone 4S stolen on a night out early on a Saturday morning. O2 were notified first thing Saturday morning and I was working Saturday day and the nearest Garda station was closed on the Sunday , so I reported it and got all the necessary documentation from the Gardai on first thing Monday morning. I chased them up all week, was told the phone would be delivered today but I was told that Lifeline Insurance are now refusing to pay out because the Gardai documentation is just outside of the 48 hour window due to the station being closed on a Sunday, which is utterly disgraceful! They said they sent a letter , which we never received ( obviously we didn't or we wouldn't have been ringing them every day) . They have asked me to appeal it , but they were so disgustingly rude when I phoned them that I am still in shock. :mad:

Anyone have any similar dealings with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Put your complaint in a letter and send it to Lifeline by Registered Post. Tell them why you believe your claim should be upheld and how their treatment of you has been very poor (told the new phone would be delivered, rudeness etc. - list it all.)

Importantly - ask them for a Final Response to your complaint. Once they send you that, if they haven't sorted out your complaint to your satisfaction then complain to the Financial Services Ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 david_dsouza

Put your complaint in a letter and send it to Lifeline by Registered Post. Tell them why you believe your claim should be upheld and how their treatment of you has been very poor (told the new phone would be delivered, rudeness etc. - list it all.)

Importantly - ask them for a Final Response to your complaint. Once they send you that, if they haven't sorted out your complaint to your satisfaction then complain to the Financial Services Ombudsman.
    This is really a better advice and process is not to much complex. This will works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cfieta

cnoc15 wrote: »
    I recently had my brand new iPhone 4S stolen on a night out early on a Saturday morning. O2 were notified first thing Saturday morning and I was working Saturday day and the nearest Garda station was closed on the Sunday , so I reported it and got all the necessary documentation from the Gardai on first thing Monday morning. I chased them up all week, was told the phone would be delivered today but I was told that Lifeline Insurance are now refusing to pay out because the Gardai documentation is just outside of the 48 hour window due to the station being closed on a Sunday, which is utterly disgraceful! They said they sent a letter , which we never received ( obviously we didn't or we wouldn't have been ringing them every day) . They have asked me to appeal it , but they were so disgustingly rude when I phoned them that I am still in shock. :mad:

Anyone have any similar dealings with them?

''the nearest Garda station was closed on the Sunday'' what about second nearest Garda station? was closed too?
    I think you should read insurance policy details than complain.

Advertisement