Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On hold music - Shreeky Vivaldi

Options
  • 21-05-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Whoever decided to use that loop of Vivaldi's Four seasons should be forced to listen to it through laptop speakers for an hour.

I'm on hold once again - that loop (about 2 mins long with a shreak-shreak-shreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaak at the end is like torture.

Please, I've asked over, over and over for it to be changed. Please, for the love of god spare us more of this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

I totally agree. I bank with both Bank of Ireland and AIB and agree the BOI phone system leaves alot to be desired. It is awful who ever set it up obviously never listened back as the previous poster pointed out. Also the women whose voice is used for the system needs a new day job she is irritating and I think puts you in a bad mood before you even get to speak with someone. Do us a favour upgrade the phone voice and music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. I am going to check with the dept that deals with our telecommunications and will get back to you asap.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi all,

At the moment the music is used across several areas of Bank of Ireland and there are no immediate plans to change it. I have passed your feedback on and it may be something we can look at in the future.

Regarding the voice used on our phone system, the tone and accent used is an industry standard so customers can understand what is being said.

Thanks for your feedback and it has been passed on.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Hi Linda,
    Thanks for the feedback, but please ask communications to sit on hold for 30 minutes and see if the change their mind. To help them do so, have them listen to the shreak-shreak-sreeeeeeeeeeeeak part over and over on mobile phone. Then they will appreciate the true horror.

Could they at least play ALL of the Vivaldi piece rather than this horrific 2 minute loop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi MadsL and mousehouse,

We've taken your feedback on board and have started a poll to decide what we change our hold music to. Click here if you'd like to cast a vote.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement

So almost two years later and I just had the misfortune of almost 20 minutes of Vivaldi. This never happened I take it. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi MadsL,

Can I ask what number you are calling? The majority of our hold music now plays the music from our advertisements.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Hi MadsL,

Can I ask what number you are calling? The majority of our hold music now plays the music from our advertisements.

Thanks,
    Paula C
    Hi Paula, I'm calling 1 Grand Canal Quay in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Thanks again MadsL for getting in touch,

We will certainly pass your feedback on regarding this to our Branch Network for review.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement