Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive Negative test ???

Options
  • 21-05-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I had a feeling I was Pregnant so I took a test i have done 3 test all of them have come up with 2 lines with in the 1st 3mins i have taken pics of the test but then after about 10mins they come up negative the 1st line is very faint most the time was wondering if this means i'm pregnant or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

Help please

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

hi,

Once there is a line at all, even if it is very very faint, it is a positive pregnancy test. I had the same problem with my ones showing a line and then it slowly disappeared. But if the line shows, it means ur body is producing the hormones that are only in your body when you are pregnant. It could be very early in your pregnancy, and if u give it a few days and test again the line will get stronger.

So Congratulations u are going to be a mummy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jelly4

A pregnancy test works by detecting a hormone, hcg, in your urine - if this hormone is in your urine you will see two lines - if not you will see one. It looks like congrats are in order!! I hope this was the result you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

As the others have said you have had a positive result :) they second line can fade which is why it says to check when the 3 mins have passed & not after 10/15 mins!

You could get a digital test which will give you an idea of how far gone you are...just be sure to do it with first morning urine for an accurate result :)

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sounds like congrats are in order!

As Twomums says, use one of the digital ones that say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant".

I got a faint line on my first test & then did the digital one the next day to make absolutely sure.

I still have photos of them :D

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »
    Sounds like congrats are in order!

As Twomums says, use one of the digital ones that say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant".

I got a faint line on my first test & then did the digital one the next day to make absolutely sure.

I still have photos of them :D

Did a digital one and it came up Not Pregnant :( what the hell dose tihs mean then?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Did you do it first thing this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

hi op, here is my story

with my second pregnancy, I was testing neg for 8-9 days before I got a proper positive

I was on the pill, then one day I noticed that I felt really sick, headachy, sore boobs, naseous, basicallly really extremely pregnant.

I was really freaked out.

I bought pregnancy tests and they were neg, but after 10mins I noticed a really faint line. I did more tests 2 days later, same thing.
    I bought digital one that said neg , but a normal test showed the same faint line after 10mins

I was in tesco following day and they were out of branded tests so I bought cheapie tesco ones. They are just paper strips these showed a pos result.

2days later a digital one said pregnant.

then doc confirmed it by blood test, said I must have had low hcg levels.

My daughter is 2 now, delighted with her

Best of luck op I hope you get the result you want:)

Lisha wrote: »
    hi op, here is my story

with my second pregnancy, I was testing neg for 8-9 days before I got a proper positive

I was on the pill, then one day I noticed that I felt really sick, headachy, sore boobs, naseous, basicallly really extremely pregnant.

I was really freaked out.

I bought pregnancy tests and they were neg, but after 10mins I noticed a really faint line. I did more tests 2 days later, same thing.
    I bought digital one that said neg , but a normal test showed the same faint line after 10mins

I was in tesco following day and they were out of branded tests so I bought cheapie tesco ones. They are just paper strips these showed a pos result.

2days later a digital one said pregnant.

then doc confirmed it by blood test, said I must have had low hcg levels.

My daughter is 2 now, delighted with her

Best of luck op I hope you get the result you want:)

Thankyou i have one more test that i am going to take 1st thing in the morning and going to doctors 1st thing on Friday when off work and see what the deal is maybe i'm just 2 early yet?

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Did you do it first thing this morning?

Nope it was at like 5 after work

• Advertisement

early morning urine is best especially if early in pregnancy.
    I woke at 5am for a wee and did it then, that one was a pos.
    I don,t know how I left husband asleep:o

Best of luck

early morning urine is best especially if early in pregnancy.
    I woke at 5am for a wee and did it then, that one was a pos.
    I don,t know how I left husband asleep:o

Best of luck

Could it be possible that I am pregnant then with me having 4 test with a faint line?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Hey OP,
    When i did mine it came up negative, i just stared at it for ages then somebody walked it so i threw a teatowel over it. Forgot about it and when they finally left i went to bin it and it said i was positive!
    Now i have a little girl who will be one next month.

I really hope you get what you want!!

NinjaNikki wrote: »
    Could it be possible that I am pregnant then with me having 4 test with a faint line?

In my case I was but noone can tell you only a doctor really.
    Could you do one in morning ?? or else keep urine in a sterile container til you get to a chemist??(not for too long)

Early morning urine has highest conc of hcg as it has been in body at rest over night.
    Doc will prob go by blood test as time of day wont matter for blood hormone levels

Fingers crossed for you

CarMe wrote: »
    Hey OP,
    When i did mine it came up negative, i just stared at it for ages then somebody walked it so i threw a teatowel over it. Forgot about it and when they finally left i went to bin it and it said i was positive!
    Now i have a little girl who will be one next month.

I really hope you get what you want!!

Thankyou really wanting this to be true now :D

In my case I was but noone can tell you only a doctor really.
    Could you do one in morning ?? or else keep urine in a sterile container til you get to a chemist??(not for too long)

Early morning urine has highest conc of hcg as it has been in body at rest over night.
    Doc will prob go by blood test as time of day wont matter for blood hormone levels

Fingers crossed for you

Taking one 1st thing in the morning with a First Response test

Taking one 1st thing in the morning with a First Response test

fingers crossed, best of luck:)

Thankyou

the thing i'm worried about is with in 1st 4min of other test it showed faint line but then went away

did a test this morning the 2nd line was faint so faint that when i 1st looked i thought it was a negative 2nd line was white not pink what the heck dose this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Can you get a digital clear blue test? This will simply say pregnant or not pregnant and will also give you an idea of how long.
    I hate those liney ones!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Second line on a first response is supposed to be pink too.

Get another test and dip it in a sterile jar/cup of your urine. You're possibly testing wrong, and still use first morning urine.

Got doctors now on monday :D

Best of luck with doctor Monday OP, I only log on at night was thinking of you earlier. I really hope you get what you want:)

Best of luck with doctor Monday OP, I only log on at night was thinking of you earlier. I really hope you get what you want:)

Awww thank you

Well today i'm not sure what to think of the test with the 2nd line being so faint

Awww thank you

Well today i'm not sure what to think of the test with the 2nd line being so faint

I wish we could give you an answer but we can't.
    Can I ask is your period overdue yet?

I wish we could give you an answer but we can't.
    Can I ask is your period overdue yet?

yeah 20 days ago 3rd of month i get it until around about 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Early days yet then! maybe the hormone levels are still really low! fingers crossed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you have ANY second line on the test then you're pregnant. No two ways about it, doesn't matter if it's faint or not.

January wrote: »
    If you have ANY second line on the test then you're pregnant. No two ways about it, doesn't matter if it's faint or not.

even its a pale 2nd line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

January wrote: »

+1
    Use a digital test!! No lines it just says pregnant or not pregnant!

Advertisement