Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive Negative test ???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

Did a test it came up negative the digital one I'm still going doctors though having symptoms of a pregnancy though so confused and upset at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

What do the instructions on the digital test say? it might be a case of you only get a positive if your hormone level is at a certain point. going to the doctor will be the best thing to do! If you have that human (whatever its called) hormone in you that means pregnancy- so dont despair yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Best of luck with doctors app NinjaNikki:)

Lisha wrote: »

Thankyou

here is a pic of a test i did can u see 2 lines or just me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/nikki123456/4h8ig.jpg

Lisha wrote: »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/nikki123456/nirvana/4h8ig.jpg

that my test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

Hi, Hope the doc visit goes well.

I got positive results from a cheap test in the pound shop! The second line was very faint. Then I tried about ten more and they were all faint. It was about a week before my period was even due. The same day in the middle of the day I did a digital clear blue test and after 3mins of blinking it came up positive saying 'Positive' When I went to the doctor two days later, the doctors test came up negative. She said start taking Folic Acid and come back after two weeks.

I knew I was still pregnant because you don't get that many positives if you aren't. I took my folic acid and waited. The wait killed me because it doesn't feel real until the doc confirms it. Well that is how I felt. The doctors urine pregnancy test requires a higher level of HCG the pregnancy hormones. It's 200 needed on a digital one and 600 is needed for the doctors. The non digital ones only need the level to reach the 100s.

Start taking folic acid just in case. Dont lose heart if the doctor said you aren't! She told me I wasn't and now I'm 15 weeks pregnant :)

Good luck.

Hi, Hope the doc visit goes well.

I got positive results from a cheap test in the pound shop! The second line was very faint. Then I tried about ten more and they were all faint. It was about a week before my period was even due. The same day in the middle of the day I did a digital clear blue test and after 3mins of blinking it came up positive saying 'Positive' When I went to the doctor two days later, the doctors test came up negative. She said start taking Folic Acid and come back after two weeks.

I knew I was still pregnant because you don't get that many positives if you aren't. I took my folic acid and waited. The wait killed me because it doesn't feel real until the doc confirms it. Well that is how I felt. The doctors urine pregnancy test requires a higher level of HCG the pregnancy hormones. It's 200 needed on a digital one and 600 is needed for the doctors. The non digital ones only need the level to reach the 100s.

Start taking folic acid just in case. Dont lose heart if the doctor said you aren't! She told me I wasn't and now I'm 15 weeks pregnant :)

Good luck.

Awww yeah i will do i hope i am though did you see my link to the pic of my test? do u c 2 lines?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It looks like 2 lines .
    Unless the doc does a blood test he will prob tell you to come back on a few weeks .

NinjaNikki wrote: »

If I took that test myself I would definately say positive! Looks like two solid lines to me :)

Rachineire wrote: »
    If I took that test myself I would definately say positive! Looks like two solid lines to me :)

btw got the pic for my boyfriend he was at work at the time it only stayed like that for about 2min though then around 3min and after it went negative the test it self

• Advertisement

Awww yeah i will do i hope i am though did you see my link to the pic of my test? do u c 2 lines?

It looks like two lines! I would take that as a positive! You don't get false positives. When is your period due? Going on that test I would say you are pregnant but it's just too early to get a definite answer.

It looks like two lines! I would take that as a positive! You don't get false positives. When is your period due? Going on that test I would say you are pregnant but it's just too early to get a definite answer.

period is due btween 3rd and 7th of every month but has not come this month did in april though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I had that happen to me with the lines. Both times they were pale, but both times I was pregnant.

If you get 2 lines, even if the second one is feint, that's a positive.

did a clear blue test said not pregnant so not sure what to think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Is it today is Dr appt? Wait and see what he/she says. I know its difficult but try to stay positive, if you are pregnant all this worry and stress isn't doing you or baby any good. Best of luck :-)

Is it today is Dr appt? Wait and see what he/she says. I know its difficult but try to stay positive, if you are pregnant all this worry and stress isn't doing you or baby any good. Best of luck :-)

i know it's jst hard when i have done over 20 test and the clear blue digital and the 2 first response are negative but the rest are postive

UPDATE

Been doctors apointment was 30min late and the heat was unreal but eventualy i sat down she said how can i help i said i took some HPT and some are postive but some are negative was wondering if i could have a blood test said no need your pregant a HPT if come postive you are so i was like in shock a bit having my doctor say this to me said when was my last period and she said i'm about 6 weeks so i now have a midwife apointment and a scan in 2 weeks time what the hell is all i can say should i not had a blood test or anything?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

nope, Dr's pregnancy tests are not even as responsive as normal home pregnancy tests. Mine did a test for me but told me once I had a +ve test then I was pregnant, his then took 20 mins to show up as a definite +ive, whereas I had done a CB digital (without using first urine) and that showed up as pregnant straight away. As for blood tests I didn't get one till my first hospital appointment.
    Best thing to do is just relax until your midwife appointment.

Ginny wrote: »
    nope, Dr's pregnancy tests are not even as responsive as normal home pregnancy tests. Mine did a test for me but told me once I had a +ve test then I was pregnant, his then took 20 mins to show up as a definite +ive, whereas I had done a CB digital (without using first urine) and that showed up as pregnant straight away. As for blood tests I didn't get one till my first hospital appointment.
    Best thing to do is just relax until your midwife appointment.

i'm worried now stressing to be truthful because i did a clear blue digital with not my 1st piss of the day it came up not pregnant but all other test have come up pregnant we shall soon see when the baby comes up on the screen in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I have been told that you can get a negative test when pregnant, but you can't get a positive test unless you are pregnant. The gp tests are not as sensitive as the HPT's, so congrats, try and relax and look forward to your appt in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Most doctors won't do a blood test as its not required to confirm a pregnancy. They are normally done when a fertility clinic requires them or if there is a medical history which makes them important such as numerous early miscarriages. In these cases two blood tests are done to ensure hormone levels are doubling as expected.

You have to use first morning urine for an accurate test result so any results you have got without using first morning urine you can discount!

You have done a significant amount of tests so at this stage I would wait for your scan in two weeks - no point wasting more money testing over & over again :) make sure you are taking folic acid & try to relax as stressing is not good for early pregnancies!

UPDATE

Been doctors apointment was 30min late and the heat was unreal but eventualy i sat down she said how can i help i said i took some HPT and some are postive but some are negative was wondering if i could have a blood test said no need your pregant a HPT if come postive you are so i was like in shock a bit having my doctor say this to me said when was my last period and she said i'm about 6 weeks so i now have a midwife apointment and a scan in 2 weeks time what the hell is all i can say should i not had a blood test or anything?

wow, you must be in a state of shock? Well, I am sure that the doc knows what she is talking about! you are pregnant!! congrats :). Start taking folic acid straight away. It's 6euro in the chemist!!

I wouldn't be able to stop doing HPT either! I did so many when I first found out I was pregnant. The cheap ones in the pound shop really do work. I got about 7 positives on them and they were right. The digital worked for me very early on but everyone is different!! It cost about 1.50 for two pregnancy test in the euro shop :). Very cheap and you could just test every day until you get a stronger results. If you are 6 weeks now you will get a scan at 8wks then you will be able to see the babies heartbeat!!

Keeps us updated!!

wow, you must be in a state of shock? Well, I am sure that the doc knows what she is talking about! you are pregnant!! congrats :). Start taking folic acid straight away. It's 6euro in the chemist!!

I wouldn't be able to stop doing HPT either! I did so many when I first found out I was pregnant. The cheap ones in the pound shop really do work. I got about 7 positives on them and they were right. The digital worked for me very early on but everyone is different!! It cost about 1.50 for two pregnancy test in the euro shop :). Very cheap and you could just test every day until you get a stronger results. If you are 6 weeks now you will get a scan at 8wks then you will be able to see the babies heartbeat!!

Keeps us updated!!

I will do through out the 9months

If the tests are showing ANY positives then thats a postive! specially if the doctor says so as well! If you still have any doubt if I were you I would go on the assumption that I am pregnant and start taking my folic acid and treat yourself with some nice chocolate!! I had a similar experience in the doctor- he did no blood test or anything- just said ok positive test and no period? yup thats a pregnancy! booked me in for the maternity wrote me a script for the folic acid and sent me on my way! heard and saw nothing else since april 10th and just today went to the hospital and saw my little baby! Wasn't sure it was real until the scan! So keep your head up, best of luck and congrats!! :D

Have you tried anymore tests?

Have you tried anymore tests?

Nope just the clear blue digital one how come?

Nope just the clear blue digital one how come?

Did the clear blue digital come back positive?

Did the clear blue digital come back positive?

Nope negative not pregnant

(i did how ever pull the thing apart in a mood and the strip showed a faint line on 2nd strip)

Nope negative not pregnant

(i did how ever pull the thing apart in a mood and the strip showed a faint line on 2nd strip)

bet you can't wait for scan!!

I got a 4wk scan and a 6wk scan at the start of my pregnancy. I could see the heart beating at the 6wk one and it was amazing! It's just a tiny bean though but it grows so quickly. The difference between my 6wk scan and my 13wk one was shocking!! I couldn't believe how fast it had grown. I have my 22wk one in July and I'm sure I'll be shocked at the rate it has grown again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Congrats Ninjanikki!!!! It could be that it's such early days the clear blue isn't picking up the hormones yet. The first response ones really are the way to go....did you do the whole looking in the mirror thing and think 'omg I don't look any different, could I be pregnant' and squeal? lol Or am I the only one that did that the first time? :o

I was very disappointed the first time with my doc, I was expecting all kinds of tests and advice...he just patted me on the head and told me to forget about it until I was 12 weeks....forget about it! I thought of nothing else! :eek: Dying to know how you get on with your scan now :D

Advertisement