Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive Negative test ???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I was very disappointed the first time with my doc, I was expecting all kinds of tests and advice...he just patted me on the head and told me to forget about it until I was 12 weeks....forget about it! I thought of nothing else! :eek: Dying to know how you get on with your scan now :D

Haha I felt the same way at my doctors appointment...I almost wanted to say to him- Dont you want to do something to make SURE?!? I have realized already that this pregnancy business is nothing but a bunch of waiting around!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

it so far away june 11th and i just want to know if there is something there by now you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

It is probably going to be too early to tell. There have been a number of posts on here recently from women very upset because nothing was visable on very early scans.

The best thing you can do right now is eat properly, take your folic acid, get lots of sleep (do the things you should be doing if pregnant) and relax.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

NinjaNikki wrote: »
    it so far away june 11th and i just want to know if there is something there by now you know

it's so small now they couldn't pick up a heartbeat yet on the monitors. How many weeks will you be on the 11th June? They might do a vaginal scan if it's very early days.

That's the art of all things pregnancy related, a lot of it is waiting and being unsure, first it's getting the positive test, then it's the 12 week appointment, then it's the 20 week scan....not to mention waiting for the actual d-day itself!

Really hope it works out the way you want xx

Starting to really worry that what if i am not pregnant i have all the symptoms :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Starting to really worry that what if i am not pregnant i have all the symptoms :(

No matter what when your pregnant you worry. You worry if you have symptoms, then you worry if you have none! You spend the whole time waiting for 12 weeks, then 20, then 24 then counting down to when baby gets here...

Try relax and enjoy it... I know how hard it is but you've had a huge amount of positive pregnancy tests... You will worry, that's normal :)

cyning wrote: »
    No matter what when your pregnant you worry. You worry if you have symptoms, then you worry if you have none! You spend the whole time waiting for 12 weeks, then 20, then 24 then counting down to when baby gets here...

Try relax and enjoy it... I know how hard it is but you've had a huge amount of positive pregnancy tests... You will worry, that's normal :)

i just feel like i'm going through so much being ill and tiered and working hard bloody job and everyone else seems to be having a hell of time cant stop crying :(

i just feel like i'm going through so much being ill and tiered and working hard bloody job and everyone else seems to be having a hell of time cant stop crying :(

Early pregnancy is a rollercoaster though... your trying to get used to the fact that your pregnant. Your hormones are going mad, you are exhausted and then if you have sickness on top of that? When you think about it like that no wonder your tired and emotional... and worrying. Just try and remember how exciting it will all be and the 11 th June WILL be here before you know it and all that doubt will go: not the worry though! That worry is normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Haha you definitely sound pregnant to me! I believe I said the exact same thing when I was about 9 weeks along and tired and upset and emotional! I hope you feel better! It does get better I promise- I just started feeling more normal again this week and its great! I thought I might not ever be normal again! Roll on the 11th of june! :)

Stay calm nikki...you're going to drive yourself nuts. I know that's easier said then done. Early pregnancy sucks! It's the not knowing that's the killer. It's been another week, would you try another pregnancy test? Or is your head done in with them now?

I'd say every woman in this forum can empathise with how you're feeling, you'd just love x ray vision to see if anything's in there! *hugs*

• Advertisement

Stay calm nikki...you're going to drive yourself nuts. I know that's easier said then done. Early pregnancy sucks! It's the not knowing that's the killer. It's been another week, would you try another pregnancy test? Or is your head done in with them now?

I'd say every woman in this forum can empathise with how you're feeling, you'd just love x ray vision to see if anything's in there! *hugs*

i'm fed up with them now HPT less then a week now until i go i'm so so scared there will be nothing there it would drive me more mad wondering why i got all these symptoms :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

You still having got your period right??

I mean everything is pointing to you being pregnant!!

I was terrified of my first scan. I thought that they wouldn't find a baby and i was just all in my head! I think that is a normal worry. You don't have that long to wait now!!

Are you taking the folic acid?

Keeps us updated when you get the scan :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/nikki123456/nirvana/amnxwc.jpg

THE BUMP????????? WHAT YOU THINK FAT OR A BUMP?????:confused:

I was over 20 weeks before you could definitely say I was pregnant.

Just relax and wait for your scan honestly...
    you will crack yourself up otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

You wouldn't have a bump this early, possibly bloat but not a bump when the pregnancy has just been confirmed, the baby is still tiny at that stage and doesn't impact your shape with it's own shape yet.

Acoshla wrote: »
    You wouldn't have a bump this early, possibly bloat but not a bump when the pregnancy has just been confirmed, the baby is still tiny at that stage and doesn't impact your shape with it's own shape yet.

i think from what i have been told its the womb or w.e. getting ready and so there for bloating me giving me the look of a bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

I am 16wks and I have a little bump. I was swollen at the start of my pregnancy from about 9wks maybe but didn't get a real bump until about 13wks. Everyone is different.

I'd be surprised if you have a bump yet. If there is a baby it'll be the size of a pip at this stage. Of course every woman is different and anything is possible, but I would say its too early for a bump.

From what I remember most early pregnancy symptoms can be put dow to something else and its the not knowing and uncertainty that makes the early days seem like forever.

The only thing that can definitely confirm a pregnancy is finding a heartbeat on the scan. And sometimes it isn't even visible in the early days!

One thing is for sure, the days will pass and whether they fly or drag the 11june will eventually be here. Then you'll know one way or the other.

thought sure what harm could it do in doing a pregnancy test it came up negative ????

• Registered Users Posts: 38 purejuice

Personally I would say you wasnt pregant, its not uncommon to get false positives but I think its uncommon to get false negatives. I would go to the early pregnancy unit or would go back my GP and let them know I was still having negatives and maybe they can give you a blood test which will confirm one way or another. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

purejuice wrote: »
    its not uncommon to get false positives but I think its uncommon to get false negatives.

Actually, this is the other way round. Not uncommon to get false negatives, never a false positive - the pregnancy hormone HAS to be detected to get a positive, while low levels or an incorrectly taken test can give a negative.

OP, there could be any one of a number of things going on. You should go back to your doctor (if you're not convinced that they will be helpful then maybe consider going to a well woman clinic or getting a recommendation from a friend) and explain the situation fully. You may be pregnant, you may be experiencing an Ectopic Pregnancy or a missed miscarriage... it could be a lot of things. Go to a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 purejuice

Thanks Squiggler I knew it was one or the other just couldnt remember which.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Squiggler wrote: »
    never a false positive - the pregnancy hormone HAS to be detected to get a positive, while low levels or an incorrectly taken test can give a negative.

There can be a sort of false positive in the case of a chemical pregnancy. Ie, you conceived but the blastocyst never implanted. You would get a positive test as you would have a small amount of HCG present. But you'd know about it fairly quickly as you'd miscarry within a few days/week.

There are also very, very, very rare cases of getting a false positive if you have a tumour on your ovaries.

iguana wrote: »
    There can be a sort of false positive in the case of a chemical pregnancy. Ie, you conceived but the blastocyst never implanted. You would get a positive test as you would have a small amount of HCG present. But you'd know about it fairly quickly as you'd miscarry within a few days/week.

There are also very, very, very rare cases of getting a false positive if you have a tumour on your ovaries.

:( i'm prob not pregnant

Negative again?! Grrr your head must be done in at this stage. Was it feint again or an absolute negative? Going by your own dates, how many weeks should you be by now if you were pregnant?

Negative again?! Grrr your head must be done in at this stage. Was it feint again or an absolute negative? Going by your own dates, how many weeks should you be by now if you were pregnant?

absolute negative

Period is about 6 weeks late i would say i am about 7 weeks atm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

absolute negative

Period is about 6 weeks late i would say i am about 7 weeks atm

Pregnancy is calculated from the first day of your last period, so if you are pregnant, and you have an average 28-30 day cycle, you would be about 10 weeks...

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Pregnancy is calculated from the first day of your last period, so if you are pregnant, and you have an average 28-30 day cycle, you would be about 10 weeks...

my last period 1st day was my boyfriend birthday 7th april so how far would it make me?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

my last period 1st day was my boyfriend birthday 7th april so how far would it make me?

8 and a half weeks.

Would you consider going to the docs for hCG blood test? If you got one done in the morning and another in 48 hours, you'd know for definite.

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    8 and a half weeks.

Would you consider going to the docs for hCG blood test? If you got one done in the morning and another in 48 hours, you'd know for definite.

they never have time i mean if i rang they would not get me in for over a week im worried now really worried about going for this scan all my hopes built up for it and i'm not gonna be i have even let work know because i am having so many symptoms as well :(

Advertisement