Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive Negative test ???

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

NinjaNikki wrote: »
    they never have time i mean if i rang they would not get me in for over a week im worried now really worried about going for this scan all my hopes built up for it and i'm not gonna be i have even let work know because i am having so many symptoms as well :(

Is there a walk in clinic or anything? I know it's very frustrating waiting on scans x

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

would like to point out i did the test at like mid-afternoon and had been toilet at least 10 times before this and had drank a bit dose this make a difference?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Is there a walk in clinic or anything? I know it's very frustrating waiting on scans x

Nope :( i will just have to wait until the scan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

would like to point out i did the test at like mid-afternoon and had been toilet at least 10 times before this and had drank a bit dose this make a difference?

At this stage you should really be getting a strong positive at anytime of day but some women produce low levels of HCG. As you have been told before first morning urine is most accurate! You might also want to pee in a cup/glass & use the dip method instead...read the instructions.

It was a little early to be telling work esp when you have so much confusion around testing.

Either way it's not long until the 11th and at that stage you will def know one way or the other :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

Has your period ever been this late before? do you have irregular periods?

I would of thought you would get a positive pregnancy test by 8 weeks.
    if you are pregnant they will be able to see the heartbeat at this stage. Are you in Dublin? Because you can walk into Rotunda emergency at any hour of the day/night and they will do bloods tests and a scan! It takes a couple of hours waiting but I think it's important you go to rule out anything serious and you would get some answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

If you're 8 weeks, I think you'd be getting a positive at any time of the day.

The problem is most GP's don't take you seriously until your 12 weeks. But you could go back to him/her and ask for a blood test, or you could go to the early pregnancy unit and explain what's going on. Or you could wait till the scan.

I'm so sorry there's nothing more definite for you.

i live in england now i did live in ireland but now england but my period always comes around the 3rd until the 7th never been this late ever anyway thanks all i will keep you uptodate when i go for my scan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

i live in england now i did live in ireland but now england but my period always comes around the 3rd until the 7th never been this late ever anyway thanks all i will keep you uptodate when i go for my scan

Check on the NHS website and see where your nearest EPU is. They might be able to check your bloods or do a scan now if you contact them. And if they can't in 5 days time you'll have your scan tomorrow, it's not as long a wait as it feels.

Found out how i could got pregnant now i was on antibiotics with bad throat at the end of march was not told it would cancel any contraceptive out so thought nothing of it until this now :P

anyway backs been killing me today :(

Best of luck today Ninjanikki xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

hope today goes well for you today

best of luck today!

Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ihope today went well, Ninjanikki:)

Well today was really stupid i went to my doctors and had an hour appointment with the midwife no scan she had no time in the end my scan will be next week instead on Wednesday got loads of booklets and paperwork now starting to feel pregnant and my period would of been due 3rd june still no sign so looking good so all the stress begin for next week now.

THey really are making you suffer NinjaNikki, but it sounds like she believed you are pregnant at least. Best of luck and I hope the week flies for you:)

Are you serious? Well....you sound a lot more accepting of the situation so that's good :D

Best of luck for scan Wed, Ninjanikki:)

UPDATE

Had a miscariage or how ever u spell it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

So sorry to hear that, especially after all you've been through.
    Look after yourself & take your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm so sorry... I know how hard it is to lose your baby... Take time for yourself and mind yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

So so sorry to hear that x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ah....I'm really sorry. Been following the thread and keeping my fingers crossed for you. Take care pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry to hear that x

So sorry to read that ninjanikki...look after yourself xxx

Im sorry you have suffered this loss NinjaNikki.
    Look after yourself

I'm very sorry ninjanikki. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Oh, Ive been thinking of you and wondering what happened....so sorry! Thinking of you and hoping you are well....xx

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

So sorry for your loss, thinking of you. xx

• Advertisement

sorry for your loss

Advertisement