Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ants in my house

• 21-05-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi I have two house dogs but i have also got what i think are ants coming into the house. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of them and if there is some product safe to use. Why are they coming in? Any help you can give would be appreciated.:eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

get down to your local garden shop or diy shop they have plenty of ant repellents in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Tell Dec, he'll come round and pick him up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Just use a normal ant spray and keep the dogs away from the area until the smell is gone. Same thing happens to me every year around this time but the spray works straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We used Raid ant traps last year and so far so good. We were able to hide them away under the presses etc so the dog couldn't mess with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭jwilco

If you can, pour boiling water on them until you get the ant powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Mentioned that in a similar thread already, but try some baking soda. It's a bit cruel though, they kind of blow up from inside ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mrtayto1

thanks a million for all the advise. i got those trap things today so i hope they will disappear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭spudulike

mrtayto1 wrote: »
    thanks a million for all the advise. i got those trap things today so i hope they will disappear soon.

How did those traps work for you. We have ants in the conservatory and have used the powder but they seem to keep coming and coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

I had ants in a flat I lived in abroad.. I was told ants will follow where ants have been, so if you get a break in them with the powder or traps, you need to totally clean where they were using strong bleach - they usually follow a 'path' so bleach the whole path well, ideally to the point where they enter the house. This should stop more ants coming..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mrtayto1

spudulike wrote: »
    mrtayto1 wrote: »

How did those traps work for you. We have ants in the conservatory and have used the powder but they seem to keep coming and coming.
    The ants have stopped coming into our house. I put down the traps and powder so i don't know which worked. I also filled any cracks in the patio with powder as advised so as to get the nests. I heard that lemon juice is good also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement