Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junkies on the bus right now

• 21-05-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭

So I'm here sitting on the Galway bus from Dublin and we have been joined by a lovely couple. We where asked if we could move forward so she could inject insulin for her diabities cause she "is shy". So now she is melting something, they are chatting about life outside of prison, where they can score something hard in Galway, drinking and being general scum.

What are my actual options here? Approaching the bus driver is too obvious, and I cannot blast them with piss and find somewhere to hide cause I can't fit in those spaces!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

haha Bus Wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You could do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ask em for a hit. that will cure what ails ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Text a mate explaining the situation and ask him to call the Gardai to get them to meet you when the bus stops in Galway.

Let the junkballs experience the cells for a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Ah public transport you can't beat it. Pissy coffee, frozen sandwiches and lads injecting skag between their toes. Bus Eireann, going YOUR way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

So I'm here sitting on the Galway bus from Dublin and we have been joined by a lovely couple. We where asked if we could move forward so she could inject insulin for her diabities cause she "is shy". So now she is melting something, they are chatting about life outside of prison, where they can score something hard in Galway, drinking and being general scum.

What are my actual options here? Approaching the bus driver is too obvious, and I cannot blast them with piss and find somewhere to hide cause I can't fit in those spaces!

I find the direct approach is best. Stare at them and ask, quite loudly "what the fcuk are you doing? Get off the bus or I'll ring the guards".

Let us know how it goes, I always wondered what would happen if I did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

You could do nothing?
    It's crossed my mind many a time but I have had to sit through this ****e too many times before. A long bus journey is bad enough without this kind of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Good to see you can look beyond their addiction.

They'll be riding before you get to Enfield...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Arciphel wrote: »
    They'll be riding before you get to Enfield...

You know it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Having the 'Bus Junkie' beside you is a lot better than the 'Bus Sexual Predator'.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Holy for fúck sake! That's ridiculous. Depending on how out of it they get you may be able to get to the driver without them noticing. Otherwise do what was already suggested and get a friend to call the guards and have them meet you at the toll or in the next town you stop in. People talking loudly on the phone or playing music on a bus drives me mad; this would totally boil my blood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I wonder when they are wasted could you convince them the next stop is theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

It wouldn't be public transport without a junkie, a drunk, a smelly weird man / woman talking to themselves, or a teenager playing music loudly from their phone.

Something you have to accept before you even buy your ticket, theres always a chance that you might being trying to get out the window mid journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Go up to the driver at the next stop. Wont arouse as much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Please tell me you're still leaning forward with your face on the seat on the seat in front of you with your phone out on boards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Leave them to it I say , its their bodies they are poisoning. Id hide that phone though theyd rob poo out your jacksy without ye noticing .
    Make polite conversation and tell them you have back pain and ask for a few ponstan . Junkies always have a few ponstan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Abi wrote: »
    It wouldn't be public transport without a junkie drunk smelly weird man teenager talking to themselves playing music loudly from their phone.
    There's your average back of Dublin Bus guy right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

at least she gave ya warning and you could move, better than them just sitting beside ya and shooting up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just mind your own business and let them have their turn on in peace. If you are offended move seats, job done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Set them on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Rehabilitate them.

They'll try and steal the bleedin' capillaries out of yer peep- holes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Talk to them, junkies are people too (just not for very long).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That's a good day on the 40. Count yourself lucky she's not screaming at her 5 drunk kids while simultaneously downing a can of Dutch Gold, injecting heroin and stabbing her fella cos he looked at another burd funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

carefull now,those vermon probably carring every disease known to mankind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Make a thread about it on Boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

All you need now to complete your typical Bus Eireann journey is for an alco to board, he tries chatting up the junkies missus. Junkie lacks awareness to understand what's happening. Missus flirts with alco, junkie feels inferior, alco tells junkie he knows IRA people, junkie believes him and goes quiet, alco feels up missus, fight and hilarity ensues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

They're getting high politely, you're on Boards complaining. Have some consideration for the normal people on the bus.

PS. I'm two seats behind you and the buzz is wearing off - are you wearing a silly hat ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

hit them a slap, kick them in the head and then stick one of their needles up your arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Record their conversation and put it up on the interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Steal their shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Stand up and start rapping loudly to Maniac 2000, when they join in quickly blast them with piss and run away

pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

And the politicians wonder why so many people buy cars...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

Is it this fella?

Is he sitting behind you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Li

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Monkeys on the bus then!?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Stand up and start rapping loudly to Maniac 2000, when they join in quickly blast them with piss and run away

No no.. start rapping like these:

fran17 wrote: »
    carefull now,those vermon probably carring every disease known to mankind

They only vermin seems to be you mate, are you at dis-ease or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

If have something you can use as a weapon go back and kill them both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Abi wrote: »
    It wouldn't be public transport without a junkie, a drunk, a smelly weird man / woman talking to themselves, or a teenager playing music loudly from their phone.

So sadly unfortunately true sigh

Geniune responses please uless they are really good, why is wrong with addicts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Ask them how much for a spit shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Start preaching to them in Latin. Junkies love Latin!
    Odysseus wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this is After Hours. Why can't we just suggest nonsense as per normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

read a book...or something to take your mind off them....it is their life they are ruining..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

You could do nothing.
    yep, cower in fear of the degenerate scum, it's the modern Irish way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

yep, cower in fear of the degenerate scum, it's the modern Irish way

Well to be fair, they're not actually threatening him - just annoying the sh*te out of him.

I still think Latin is the way to go OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the bus probably has a fire extinguisher on board. stun them by spraying them with the extinguisher and then use the butt of it to cave in their skulls. however this may make you more of a nuisance than the junkies themselves. your call OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

All you need now to complete your typical Bus Eireann journey is for an alco to board, he tries chatting up the junkies missus. Junkie lacks awareness to understand what's happening. Missus flirts with alco, junkie feels inferior, alco tells junkie he knows IRA people, junkie believes him and goes quiet, alco feels up missus, fight and hilarity ensues.

i knew that flashback wasnt my imagination !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Odysseus wrote: »

Nothing.

Put what you want into your own body, once it doesnt negatively affect others.

Sitting near a junkie shooting up is an unpleasant experience. People tend not to like being in close proximity of a junkie with a blood(possible HIV) infused syringe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement