Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junkies on the bus right now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Managed to tell the bus driver, who told me someone else mentioned it to him.

Don't mind people pumping themselves with crap, as long as it doesn't affect my day. Having the fumes from what they where melting and smoking in a bus does affect me.

Plus the normal AH responses are always worth a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Odysseus wrote: »
    They only vermin seems to be you mate, are you at dis-ease or something?
    go share a needle with em then you bleeding heart liberal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

IrishAm wrote: »
    Nothing.

Put what you want into your own body, once it doesnt negatively affect others.

Sitting near a junkie shooting up is an unpleasant experience. People tend not to like being in close proximity of a junkie with a blood(possible HIV) infused syringe.

With Irish addicts HIV is at the lowest ever IIRC

fran17 wrote: »

You haven't a clue about me if you are calling me that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Geniune responses please uless they are really good, why is wrong with addicts?

Oh nothing except the anti social behaviour and crime they commit to feed their habit :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I have nice sturdy walls in my house. You should come bang your head off them. Youre not having a whole pile of luck here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Go Steven Seagal on their ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Jaysus.

So theres only a slight chance of contracting HIV if a junkball rams a syringe into you.

What a relieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Managed to tell the bus driver, who told me someone else mentioned it to him.

Did the bus driver do anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You and the other passengers should take control of the bus.

Then when you've ejected the offending couple through a window, you should travel around Ireland righting wrongs in your now armoured bus, serving as an inspiration to the people of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Chat to them about the referendum, then blast them with piss.

damonjewel wrote: »
    Chat to them about the referendum,

Some junkballs can be reasonably well informed.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Abi wrote: »
    It wouldn't be public transport without a junkie, a drunk, a smelly weird man / woman talking to themselves, or a teenager playing music loudly from their phone.

Something you have to accept before you even buy your ticket, theres always a chance that you might being trying to get out the window mid journey.

You forgot those who sniffle endlessly!:pac:

yep, cower in fear of the degenerate scum, it's the modern Irish way

That may be what doing nothing means for you; but certainity not for educated people.

fran17 wrote: »

No thanks I spend enough of my time working with /writing about them. Copped on what was wrong with you first post yet? I also see them in jail, those who have done something to justify it, so I guess your wrong again. I hope addiction doesn't coming knocking at you door and if you have kids and a large family there is a good chance it will. Anyway if I was going to use I would get a clean one from the tax paid neddle exchance.

• Advertisement

themadchef wrote: »
    I have nice sturdy walls in my house. You should come bang your head off them. Youre not having a whole pile of luck here.

Not at all I see people exposing a lot about themselves, thankfully not in an AH way, I would I'm gaing a lot

No thanks I spend enough of my time working with /writing about them. Copped on what was wrong with you first post yet? I also see them in jail, those who have done something to justify it, so I guess your wrong again. I hope addiction doesn't coming knocking at you door and if you have kids and a large family there is a good chance it will. Anyway if I was going to use I would get a clean one from the tax paid neddle exchance.

I pity junkies. It must be a horrible way of life and most come from a tough background. Doesnt mean I want one shooting up near me when Ive to spend three hours in close proximity of them.

It would be more humane to send them off to some remote island and treat them there until they get clean, instead of allowing them roam aimlessly around Dublin causing all sort of havoc until they croak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

They only vermin seems to be you mate, are you at dis-ease or something?

whoa, whoa, whoa.

Are you seriously a moderator?

from the tone of your posts, you could partake in a little anger management mate.:cool:

Ghandee wrote: »
    whoa, whoa, whoa.

from the tone of your posts, you could partake in a little anger management mate.:cool:

Yes but here I'm just a poster.

Ghandee wrote: »
    whoa, whoa, whoa.

And you think the post I quoted was full of roses?

• Advertisement

Not at all I see people exposing a lot about themselves, thankfully not in an AH way, I would I'm gaing a lot

AH full of bleeding hearts. The heaving bosom of society. We'd skin ya for a 10 spot and a 4 pack of cans. ;)

Lads outside the forums under their titles Moderators are posters just like everyone else.

See something ya dont like? ya know what the report post button looks like.

AH full of bleeding hearts. The heaving bosom of society. We'd skin ya for a 10 spot and a 4 pack of cans. ;)

Lads outside the forums under their titles Moderators are posters just like everyone else.

See something ya dont like? ya know what the report post button looks like.

Are you suggesting people should report me? If so why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Are you in Galway yet ? You could get off the bus !

I pity junkies. It must be a horrible way of life and most come from a tough background. Doesnt mean I want one shooting up near me when Ive to spend three hours in close proximity of them.

It would be more humane to send them off to some remote island and treat them there until they get clean, instead of allowing them roam aimlessly around Dublin causing all sort of havoc until they croak.

Would it or would it just be like a ship of fools, do you know what they where? Sometimes its better to leave the addict with the drug. that is not to say we shuold not be helping people.

No that's not what im suggesting at all.

I'm saying that you are a regular poster in this forum.

It bothers me when posters drag the fact that mods from other forums get into a debate then point the ""oh but youre a mod" finger.

If you dont like what any poster is saying... mod, or poster...report it.

Not specific to your post at all.

Would it or would it just be like a ship of fools, do you know what they where?

No, I am a simpleton.
    Sometimes its better to leave the addict with the drug. that is not to say we shuold not be helping people.

Well giving them methadone treatment doesn't seem to be working too well, so maybe we should try something different.

Round all them up, ship them off to a newly built treatment centre and leave them there until they recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Personally, I think all junkies should be beheaded, they don't benefit society in any way, all they do is take.

Lop their heads off and put body + head on a farm as fertilizer, at least that way they will have contributed something.

No that's not what im suggesting at all.

I'm saying that you are a regular poster in this forum.

It bothers me when posters drag the fact that mods from other forums get into a debate then point the ""oh but youre a mod" finger.

If you dont like what any poster is saying... mod, or poster...report it.

Not specific to your post at all.

They should know better. It's not like the rules they enforce in their own forum is much different

Personally, I think all junkies should be beheaded, they don't benefit society in any way, all they do is take.

Lop their heads off and put body + head on a farm as fertilizer, at least that way they will have contributed something.

There are ten thousand junkies in Ireland. An awful lot of mothers,fathers, brothers and sisters etc wouldn't be too happy if you murdered their son or daughter.

Its the scumbag heroin dealers who should be shot.

Scum of the earth.

They should know better. It's not like the rules they enforce in their own forum is much different

Hey, Gummy..

Do you see alot of junkies or are the bus routes you take fairly ok?

I can honestly say i have never seen a RL junkie, on the bus or otherwise. Sheltered or wot!

• Advertisement

No, I am a simpleton.

Well giving them methadone treatment doesn't seem to be working too well, so maybe we should try something different.

Round all them up, ship them off to a newly built treatment centre and leave them there until they recover.

Not a lot of poeple know what a ship of fools was and the history behind it, so I was not implying you are a simpleton.

You only see the ones where methadone is not working because they subject does not want it to.

If the above ones are shipped off how will that work.

Finally meth is only for opiates I treat every drug addiction. There is much more going on that you don't see. The won't even replace therapists who are go, where will we get a new treatment centre from?

I know I stated that one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

There are ten thousand junkies in Ireland. An awful lot of mothers,fathers, brothers and sisters etc wouldn't be too happy if you murdered their son or daughter.

Its the scumbag heroin dealers who should be shot.

Scum of the earth.

Then maybe we should take the Chinese approach, round up the dealers and users then put them up against the wall.

because they subject does not want it to.

Don't give them the option. Very few families would object, if it was in their son/daughters long term good.
    If the above ones are shipped off how will that work.

I am not a drug treatment councilor. But we sent a man to the moon, so we could easily cure ten thousand junkies.

Their addiction is to heroin. Very hard to get heroin into a heavily guarded treatment centre on a remote island.

They would be cured eventually.

Then maybe we should take the Chinese approach, round up the dealers and users then put them up against the wall.

Ideally, the guards would be issued with more legislative powers to be able to properly clamp down on them.

Heroin dealers are not exactly hard to find in Dublin. Everyone in the community knows who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Are you still on the bus? Whats going down now?

Hey, Gummy..

I can honestly say i have never seen a RL junkie, on the bus or otherwise. Sheltered or wot!

If you work in Dublin City Centre, you'll meet junkies on a daily basis.

Have you ever been to Dublin?

Don't give them the option. Very few families would object, if it was in their son/daughters long term good.

I am not a drug treatment councilor. But we sent a man to the moon, so we could easily cure ten thousand junkies.

Their addiction is to heroin. Very hard to get heroin into a heavily guarded treatment centre on a remote island.

They would be cured eventually.

You post shows you know nothing about addiction, nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

So I'm here sitting on the Galway bus from Dublin and we have been joined by a lovely couple. We where asked if we could move forward so she could inject insulin for her diabities cause she "is shy". So now she is melting something, they are chatting about life outside of prison, where they can score something hard in Galway, drinking and being general scum.

What are my actual options here? Approaching the bus driver is too obvious, and I cannot blast them with piss and find somewhere to hide cause I can't fit in those spaces!

What does "too obvious" mean? What does it matter if they know?

Discreetly go up to the driver and explain someone is cooking up heroin and it is making you feel uneasy. If he doesn't act on it he will lose his job. Get him to kick them off straight away.

Problem solved.

You should a quick tick the box test, you could win psychopath of the year, just the of the kudos

Have you ever been to Dublin?

Yeah, sure i done my degree in Doooblin.

Too feckin poor to be havin Junkies in it in my day though :P

Sure lookit...... The first time i was on an escalator i ran at it! I was 18 years old :o. Craggy islands finest.

I wouldint know a junkie if he\she were to shoot up in front of me i'd think he\she was a diabetic! :p

Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

You post shows you know nothing about addiction, nothing.

I never proclaimed that I did. I am giving you my opinion. I am not earning my coin by talking to junkies, either though. Il save the state a packet. Junkies number one problem right now is their addiction to smack. You can talk to them about their deprived upbringing and how daddy didnt love them once you get them off the smack.

Its in a lot of peoples interests to keep the current situation going on.

Hey, Gummy..

Iwould just say that you don't know them as addicts, there are plenty of highly functioning addicts out there

I wouldint know a junkie if he\she were to shoot up in front of me i'd think he\she was a diabetic! :p

If you spent more than an hour in Dublin, you encountered a junkie. To the untrained eye, they look similar to their distant brethren, the knacker.

• Advertisement

Its in a lot of peoples interests to keep the current situation going on.

What would that be?

If you spent more than an hour in Dublin, you encountered a junkie. To the untrained eye, they look similar to their distant brethren, the knacker.

PMSL at that.

OK, maybe i have met a few so :D

Hell, loads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm long off the bus :p jaysus this turned out differently than imagined.

Basically the driver said cheers for telling him but there was very little he could do without catching them in the act. Just hope it ment he had his eye on them for the rest of the journey and could catch them in the act.

Highlight of the banter was a discussion on rhyphonal and how it can cure depression, and give ya mad buzz. They agreed to sell some to a guy at 3pm tomorrow at Heuston station if anyone is interested :D

Domo230 wrote: »
    Where is this mythical bus route??

Finglas

This thread reminded me of a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

• Advertisement
Advertisement