Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my First Tattoo

Options
  • 21-05-2012 6:52pm

I've bee considering a tattoo for the past number of years but have repeatedly put it on the back burner for a variety of reasons including my fear of needles (wouldn't know that they scared me so much considering all the piercings I have), the fact that i wasn't sure if I wanted to wear the same "t-shirt" every day the rest of my life and a little skin condition called psoriasis. Well today I decided that I'm going to go for it, it's something I want to get down and I know that it's something that I may regret later in life.

I'm thinking of getting the tattoo done on the back of my neck, I know most people prefer it on their leg, chest or arm but for me it's the perfect spot especially if 10 years from now I grow to dislike it. I've put a lot of thought this and have already decided on a design and I'm hoping that if all goes well I should be getting it done in early June.

Just posting here to see if anyone has any advice or can recommend a tattooist in Galway City. Planning on taking a trip into town tomorrow to chat with a few different tattooist and discuss it more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

If you search the forum there's a few threads on tattoo artists in Galway. Personally I'd recommend Angus in AWOL. He tattooed me and, as well as loving the tattoo I just thought he was a really friendly and nice guy who was quite helpful. He's also tattooed several of my friends and all were happy with the results and the experience. Haven't heard a bad word against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

I'd also have to recommend Aengus in AWOL. Have had all my tattoos done by him. Real legend of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Be careful with the back of your neck, a friend of mine got a tattoo done there, but it's visible even when he wears shirts. There are less visible spots if you're worried about that.

With regards your fear of needles, you won't see the needle, so it shouldn't come into it :) I hate needles too, but it was never a factor when getting tattooed, I actually loved to watch it being done as it seemed to make the pain more tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr Bump

Just think twice, ie what i mean is that you have the right Tattoo, make sure it is the one you want, good luck with it, ;)

Darko wrote: »
    I've bee considering a tattoo for the past number of years but have repeatedly put it on the back burner for a variety of reasons including my fear of needles (wouldn't know that they scared me so much considering all the piercings I have), the fact that i wasn't sure if I wanted to wear the same "t-shirt" every day the rest of my life and a little skin condition called psoriasis. Well today I decided that I'm going to go for it, it's something I want to get down and I know that it's something that I may regret later in life.

I'm thinking of getting the tattoo done on the back of my neck, I know most people prefer it on their leg, chest or arm but for me it's the perfect spot especially if 10 years from now I grow to dislike it. I've put a lot of thought this and have already decided on a design and I'm hoping that if all goes well I should be getting it done in early June.

Just posting here to see if anyone has any advice or can recommend a tattooist in Galway City. Planning on taking a trip into town tomorrow to chat with a few different tattooist and discuss it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Just on the psoriasis end of things...I have a pretty bad case of it...never gotten it on an area i have a tattoo though...most likely luck but I like to think the tattoo helped :)
    Cant imagine tattooing a psoriasis covered area would be good though...i'd try and aim for areas of your body where you don't get it or it occurs less frequently

• Advertisement
Advertisement