Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom television.

Options
  • 21-05-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

I hope this is not a strange question to you so here it goes.

I head a while ago it was eircoms intention to offer movies and television. Do you know anything about this.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I hope this is not a strange question to you so here it goes.

I head a while ago it was eircoms intention to offer movies and television. Do you know anything about this.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Hi Joey the lips,

Thank you for your post. Your query is far from being strange. eircom plan to offer IP TV, along with improvements on existing VAS (Valued Added Services) like MusicHub, SportsHub and StudyHub.

All this is in the pipeline and forecast for the coming year and subsequent period thereafter. Unfortunately I don't have a more definitive timeframe or further information on exact TV services. We hope though that we will be in a position soon to give you more incite, especially here on the boards community.

In the meantime, you might like to wet your lips Joey on this recent article from this Irish:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0729/1224301561129.html

Thanks & best wishes,
    Ant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hopefully they make it available to all customers, not like their Setanta Sports offering at present! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Thank you for your reply. I have sky so i am happy at the moment but tbh if the price was right i would love to switch to eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

When we get any information regarding the product details or roll-out date we will let you know.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Any updates folks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any updates folks....
    Hi Joey the lips

Unfortunately there has been no further update on this as we have not been given any information regarding the roll-out date or product details.

Best wishes

Al

I see ôn your website there is a planned launch of tv in autum. Guess what. We are 8 days into autum. Any news,

I see ôn your website there is a planned launch of tv in autum. Guess what. We are 8 days into autum. Any news,

Hi Joey the lips

Unfortunately we have no further information on the release/ launch of eircom tv.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

the tv service is planned to go live sometime in september.

the channels being offered to trial customers are not the final channel line up when it does go live to customers.

the trial customers (mostly eircom employees) get about 40 channels at present for testing but there will be more added when it finally gets offered to paying customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

just wondering if there's any news on this topic ...
    Got an email from eircom a few weeks back , following my interest registration , but haven't heard anything since. 
    Thanks !

Vico1612 wrote: »
    just wondering if there's any news on this topic ...
    Got an email from eircom a few weeks back , following my interest registration , but haven't heard anything since. 
    Thanks !
    Hi Vico1612

At this moment in time we do not have further information on the release of eircom tv. Thanks for registering your interest, by doing so you will be one of the forst to get more information once it is available.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Brewie

I had a door to door man associated with Eircom knock on the door yesterday and he told me that it will be out within 2 months and that it will be HALF the price of the full sky tv package for the same package........

I'll believe that when I see it. Hope I'm wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I rang eircom to cancel my service the other day, to try and get me to stay I was told their TV service was starting this month.
    Good job I didn't believe her.....

Advertisement