Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing the Leap...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How does it work for things like CAD or say google Draw?

Im not at liberty to upload a photo, but I can say I've held the boxed product in my hands. 1 week to launch day. Curious to see it in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

according to FedEx, mine was shipped on the 20th and should arrive on Friday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

want mine now!, I ordered this May 2012

Skerries wrote: »
    want mine now!, I ordered this May 2012
    think i ordered mine around the same time, so you can't be far behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

vibe666 wrote: »
    according to FedEx, mine was shipped on the 20th and should arrive on Friday. :)

do you know how much they charged you as they just emailed me again after I updated my details a few weeks ago to say that i had to enter them in again and charged me €94 inc. delivery?
    They even said in the email that I would get it at the pre-order price but they charged me full whack

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    do you know how much they charged you as they just emailed me again after I updated my details a few weeks ago to say that i had to enter them in again and charged me €94 inc. delivery?
    They even said in the email that I would get it at the pre-order price but they charged me full whack
    $84.73 according to my invoice.

and it arrived last night. not had much chance to play with it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

I got mine! But I have to be honest, im a little disappointed.

Firstly, I run a slightly older mac and on Snow Leopard, and half the apps dont work on it! There was no warning and luckily I hadnt bought any, but it seems it needs the latest osx

There is very limited use to what you can do. there is an app to be some kind of mouse pointer, but it really isnt practical and not easy to use, plus I look like a wally!

im sure the leap will have uses with painting applications, but there is no real support for photoshop or illustrator yet, and without trials for apps, im not willing to give them a go at 10 euros a go!

it really seems like a gimmick but it does have lots of potential... I'd love to have it linked up to my media centre and control Plex or videos but as an every day device, there needs much more work to improve its responsiveness and support!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

brand new controller, naturally I don't expect it would work on anything predating Lion.

You can see in the Debug mode though the controller itself is rather accurate inspite of the apps themselves being less useful (like Google Earth.) Some things like the DoubleFine game that comes with it handle very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

Overheal wrote: »
    brand new controller, naturally I don't expect it would work on anything predating Lion.

You can see in the Debug mode though the controller itself is rather accurate inspite of the apps themselves being less useful (like Google Earth.) Some things like the DoubleFine game that comes with it handle very well.

I know where you are coming from with Lion and its up to me to upgrade, but I would like some warning what I can use and what works. The apps are pretty expensive and I dont want that to be a massive waste...

And yes, the test app and the orientation are spot on, really accurate and detailed, but any practical app just doesnt cut it for me

I really want this to succeed, but my two cents is give this 3-4 months and see what has been developed before you spend your cash

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I've got one , pre order months ago. It has a SDK for windows , MAC, and Linux..

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 25 Leader of the Furlings

Leap Motion: Amazing, Revolutionary, Useless
    This is what I want to feel like with the Leap Motion.

minorityreportanimated.gif

Here's how I really feel using Leap Motion.

FantasiaFightsAir.gif
    :D

Advertisement