Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Fans

Options
  • 21-05-2012 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Gents (and ladies),

For what Joe Schmidt has done as head coach for Leinster is sensational, 2 seasons 2 european trophies. After Leinster's win on Saturday one of the lads said he was a brilliant coach and some of the others said he's a bit lucky to have inherited such a quality group of players. I won't go on.

My question is this..

As Irish folk, would you sacrifice Joe Schmidt as Head Coach of Leinster to take the reins of the Ireland Squad. I personally think Kidney's ship has sailed.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Would I? Yes. The national team is still the ultimate.

In an ideal world I'd rather Ireland got in a quality foreign coach and Schmidt stayed at Leinster. Mick Dawson and co. have gotten quite good at picking head coaches though after a few turbulent years.

Edit: I think we probably have enough Kidney threads though, so I imagine this won't last long. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

For me? No. I'd like Joe to stay with Leinster. The IRFU have the budget to find another over-seas coach with no ties to provinces.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Don't think we need another thread on this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement