Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this tv any good

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it mods :D

Done. :o

Welcome to boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Personally I'd try to buy well known brands like Philips, Sony, LG etc, with vat and conversion to euro plus delivery that tv will cost you about 280 for an extra 40 you could get this, Samsung is a very decent make:

http://www.harveynorman.ie/le32d400-samsung-32-inch-lcd-tv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3 popsticleman

i was looking for a full HD LED tv :( but thanks for the response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

With flatscreens you cant buy no name brands like that , it will almost certainly be rubbish.

Flatscreens are too new. All the tech is still under jealously guarded patents and the big name players own them all.

You have to stick with
    Panasonic
    Samsung
    LG
    Toshiba
    Sony
    Philips
    Etc. if you want a good watchable set.

The key technology is in the scaling chipsets needed by all flatscreens , and they dont share this technology. It will be under patent for at least another 10 years , so unlike CRT's , you cannot buy a no name brand and expect any kind of quality.

Buy cheap , buy twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 popsticleman

thanks for the post. :) is there much point getting a LED ..i see ads in the paper for toshiba LCD
    32inches for around 300.

is finlux a good brand also? i saw a nice one on amazon for 220£ and it was a nice 26inch

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Toshiba yes , Finlux ? Absolutely not.

As for LED vs LCD , if is a set is sold as an LED set then its breaking advertising laws , Most so called LED sets these days are nothing more than LCD sets with an LED backlight. They are no better or no worse than any other LCD set and should be properly called " LED Backlit LCD Sets". They are not the new technology they claim to be.

True LED sets , like OLED , were only displayed at the major electronics shows this year , they will be on the market by christmas , and will cost around 8000 euros or so. It is a very promising new screen technology , but there wont be budget models for at least another few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

But led backlit tvs run at a much lower wattage..therefore less heat, longer lasting electronics..etc....

Just my 2c's..;)

Advertisement