Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterlogged garden

Options
  • 21-05-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

:confused:Hi All

I live in a semi D with a back garden , medium size. Backing onto the garden is large green field which is at a higher level a foot or two.
    Beyond that is a roadway which is again at a higher level than the field!

When it rains at all my garden is completely waterlogged for days.

I feel that the water from the road is seeping into the field which is turn is seeping from the field into my garden causing waterlog.

Some of the neighbours have dug up a line down the middle of their garden and placed piping in it at a downward level towards the house. It has some effect but not a lot.

I feel that if I was too dig out completely all the way accross the back of my garden nearest to the field (which is at the rear of the garden) and place a soak pit there , it would alleviate the problem somewhat.

I have no gardening experience but just looking at it from a practical point of view I come to this conclusion.

I wondered firstly could someone advise as regards a soak pit.
    How deep should I go? Is it large stones in first? building up with smaller?

What else goes in? How much topsoil goes on top before reseeding for grass.

Any advice would be appreciated please. Is it possible to put photos in here? How do you do that.

Thks Again

Minder

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

yes photo would be a big help, can be added using the little yellow and grey mountain symbol, wouls help but not ideal, a drain accross the back and down the side would be more effective, but yeah photo's would be of help

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

thanks a lot. How do you link them to boards site! would you happen to know!!
    cheers

Advertisement