Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some company doing this for agencies?

Options
  • 21-05-2012 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Is there some organization which is doing inspections for the letting agencies?
    Something strange happened today... We are letting a house from the agency lets call it A and today my partner opened the door and there was a woman saying that she is from fingal lettings for inspection. Unexpected and with no notice. They shouldn't do this but why the agency wouldn't come just send somebody ?
    And is there some company doing this for agencies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I would close the door and say I'll call Fingal Lettings to make an appointment. Did they show ID? It's a very easy scam to pull, look up who the landlord is an say you are 'making and inspection'. Next thing you know cash, cards, electronics gone as you answer the door to the next unexpected caller accomplice.

Did you let her in? Were you with her the whole time? If she was alone at any point, check your valuables.

Mind yourselves, times are getting tougher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Double post

Advertisement