Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 exam insurance- missed an exam.

Options
  • 21-05-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Okay basically, I’m heading on a J1 this summer and after missing an exam, know I am destined for repeats. For the exam, I was sick and unable to take it, nothing serious just a bad bug. But after reading the insurance policy, it says it will not pay for exam repeat insurance, if the results of the Insured’s examination are known. Now, I know my exam results are not out, but as I haven’t sat one of the exams I know I have already failed. Really what I’m wondering is could the insurance company hold this against me in not covering my flights home? Anyone one with any knowledge about this, it would be greatly appreciated, as its wrecking my head.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Have you tried ringing USIT or whoever you booked the J1 through?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cove.Throne

Yeah i called into them today and they said it depends on whether or not the insurance company can actually get proof you never sat your exam. If they can, they wont cover it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I guess it depends on the college then and whether or not they are allowed to provide that information to a third party.

Advertisement