Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stan Van Gundy fired along with gm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SoulGuy

The Rashard Lewis contract was what really killed Otis Smith as a GM.He had Howard & Nelson on rookie contracts, with a ton of cap space, and decided to drop $120M on him. And it's not like that's a case of hindsight being 20/20 either. I remember hating the move the day it was made.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

SoulGuy wrote: »
    The Rashard Lewis contract was what really killed Otis Smith as a GM.He had Howard & Nelson on rookie contracts, with a ton of cap space, and decided to drop $120M on him. And it's not like that's a case of hindsight being 20/20 either. I remember hating the move the day it was made.

The lewis contract was a mictake but he did get rid of it in the end. Some of their trades were bizarre though. They shouldn't have traded away Gortat as he's an excellent player and was safety for DH12. They got Richardson in that trade when they didn't need another SG. Gilbert Arenas wasa a gamble he shouldn't have taken either. Letting go of Hedo was also bad as he was arguably their second best player during the teams two trips to the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SoulGuy

The lewis contract was a mictake but he did get rid of it in the end. Some of their trades were bizarre though. They shouldn't have traded away Gortat as he's an excellent player and was safety for DH12. They got Richardson in that trade when they didn't need another SG. Gilbert Arenas wasa a gamble he shouldn't have taken either. Letting go of Hedo was also bad as he was arguably their second best player during the teams two trips to the finals.

Yeah I remember also disliking those Arenas and Richardson trades at the time and the Arenas nove ended up backfiring, but in a strange way I could also see why they were made. They weren't getting past a good EC team with a Lewis and Carter combo so they had to try something. They also retained Hedo in that Carter trade so it wasn't all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

Stan is better off away from the poison that is DW. Howard ruined that them and now hes saying he didnt want rid of stan??? Sure it wont matter when he ends up in NY or LA or even Chic this summer i just hope which ever team he ends up on that they (i.e. kobe, rose, melo) puts him back in his oversized box.

He's got shaqs attitude without the game (and the honesty) and its really started to annoy me in the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Xrox wrote: »
    Stan is better off away from the poison that is DW. Howard ruined that them and now hes saying he didnt want rid of stan??? Sure it wont matter when he ends up in NY or LA or even Chic this summer i just hope which ever team he ends up on that they (i.e. kobe, rose, melo) puts him back in his oversized box.

He's got shaqs attitude without the game (and the honesty) and its really started to annoy me in the last year

Stan is a great coach IMO and his been unfairly fired BUT Howard did not fire him in fairness. He might have voiced his opinion but the GM should have a grown a pair and told Howard to keep out of it.

Howard is a great centre and with a stronger team and bench around him would be unstoppable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm a Bulls fan and while I don't like the way Howard has conducted himself in Orlando, I would jump at the chance to see him line up for us, such is his talent.

Chicago has a lot of things going for Howard, big money markets (both he and Rose have lifetime contracts with Adidas), a respected coach, and a top class PG. The Bulls also have Noah, Asik, Deng (I'd much rather see Boozer go than Deng though, but his huge contract would put Orlando off) and draft picks (a likely top 14 pick from the Bobcats) which they could offer the Magic.

Then again, if he hits free agency none of that really matters and Howard has said Chicago is ''too cold'' for his liking. I don't think he fancies going there at all.

I think the Bulls are the best fit, but he'll end up at the Lakers.

Advertisement