Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeframe over

Options
  • 21-05-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,I was just wondering where I stand on getting my Firearm Certificate.I have been waiting over 12 weeks now for a .22lr Rifle and I've read in the guidelines that if you have not heard by 12 weekend your application has been deemed a refusal,advice on what to do know appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Have you been in contact with the FO to see what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

phone up the Garda station and ask to speak to the Supers secretary to find out what the hold up is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Yzf R6

I called FO about a month ago and she told me it was with the Super,called again today but she is not back in work until thursday,couldn't speak with the super either. Don't want to hound them but my club have a lot of competitions on at the moment and would like be there and enter after a bit of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Yzf R6 wrote: »
    Hi all,I was just wondering where I stand on getting my Firearm Certificate.I have been waiting over 12 weeks now for a .22lr Rifle and I've read in the guidelines that if you have not heard by 12 weekend your application has been deemed a refusal,advice on what to do know appreciated.

Not all is lost yet, some licences have taken alot more then the alloted time they are supposed to, so don't give up yet on it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Try and contact your Super again when he is back in work. Alternatively, you could ask his secretary what the story is with the application.

I wouldn't worry too much, usually refusals come quick. I'd say that they are just slow at processing your application.

• Advertisement

Not all is lost yet, some licences have taken alot more then the alloted time they are supposed to, so don't give up yet on it.;)

Cheers,I don't think I'll give up yet,can't wait to get it as its my first gun and want to use my club membership as much as possible if we ever get good weather.

Got app sent back again,this time they want a picture of the rifle.Hopefully this will be the last time it's sent back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Got app sent back again,this time they want a picture of the rifle.Hopefully this will be the last time it's sent back.
    What rifle is it??

Cz 452 silhouette

Bit odd they would want a pic of that sure they must be one of the most common guns around!

• Advertisement

I've heard their making new apps jump through hoops to discourage them getting the gun,maybe this is the case with me.

I've heard their making new apps jump through hoops to discourage them getting the gun,maybe this is the case with me.

I am waiting 9 weeks for a 452 and no sign of it coming yet.:( I got a call from the Supers seceraty about 4 weeks ago after I phoned the FO.

But I already have a sxs and .270 which only took 2 weeks to get. :D

Wouldnt pay attention to lads sayin that, iv always found them fair and helpful in naas

Cool,thanks for info,just find it a bit strange that app was sent back 3 times,why not request all additional info and sent back once.i would personally prefer to speak with the Super or FO so they can see what type of person I am but it's impossible as they never seem to be there.

They do a lot of that hoping people will go away. If they processed all applications properly the first time then they would have them done and dusted and could get on with the job of going out and catching the drug dealers and others. and maybe few bankers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Cz 452 silhouette

For fcuk sake, this is a common enough rifle. That's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

i would personally prefer to speak with the Super or FO so they can see what type of person I am but it's impossible as they never seem to be there.

get in touch with his sec and say that, after waiting near 3 months on my first gun (452 as well) i asked for a meeting and he popped a few questions to me and had a chat. 30 minutes later i passed his test and got my licence not long later.

Getting real sick of waiting now as my club money is going down the drain,called station again today and surprise surprise no one can give me any info,nor can I arrange a meeting.Has anyone ever met their Super in relation to FC and if so how as I'm finding it extremely difficult.Can't-even get to speak with FO as she never there.I wouldn't mind so much if it was in the 3 months but it's well past that now and was hoping to get some practice done in the summer months so I can enter competitions next year.

She is there 9-5 this sat.

If ya want to come over for a few shots over the weekend when im goin out your welcome to. Ill be out for a few rabbits and maybe a fox with the .223 to use up the last of the 55gr ammo i have then re zero some new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

If ya want to come over for a few shots over the weekend when im goin out your welcome to. Ill be out for a few rabbits and maybe a fox with the .223 to use up the last of the 55gr ammo i have then re zero some new stuff.

you should be in the station before 9 and dont leave until you get an answer off someone.

• Advertisement

Cheers,will take ye up on that offer another time,pretty busy this weekend.Thanks for the info,secretary told me that alright.

No worries lad anytime ya fancy it ill take ya out for a few shots

Went down over the weekend instead of speaking on the phone,spoke to FO and she said it was approved,got grant letter this morning.Thanks for all the advice.

Went down over the weekend instead of speaking on the phone,spoke to FO and she said it was approved,got grant letter this morning.Thanks for all the advice.
    Happy days man congrats! Was hoping to have my sub this week but doesnt look like it bow and he is off till next week :( if ya fancy some bunny shootin gis a shout!

Cheers will do and thanks for advice.

Got home from work and my licence waa waitin for me! Headin down to collect my new pump action mosberg now :)

Got home from work and my licence waa waitin for me! Headin down to collect my new pump action mosberg now :)

Thats great news,can't collect mine until I have the licence which will probably be Monday,paid post office this morning.Is that the Mossberg Maverick?What length is the barrel,24"?Would love to get one but I might go for a Lanber O/U s/h because I want to do clays as well.

Not a maverick i dont think, has 28" barrel and has a factory camo job. Im gonna shoot some clays with mine too, dont care if i get dirty looks!!

You're right,who cares who's looking as long as it shoots.Sounds nice,I think Clivej on this was looking at getting a licence for a Mossbeg Pump.What was your reason for wanting a pump to the guards?

• Advertisement

Same reason as every other gun iv got, hunting! Im not a member of any club ir range so i just use permissions for my licences

Advertisement