Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeframe over

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Hi Yzf R6 - sorry for invading your thread but it wouldn't happen to be Naas Garda Station you were getting it processed through? Am also now waiting over 3 months for license on an 870 pump. The FO is seldom there (job share)and is now out due to illness. Pretty frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Yzf R6

giggsirish wrote: »
    Hi Yzf R6 - sorry for invading your thread but it wouldn't happen to be Naas Garda Station you were getting it processed through? Am also now waiting over 3 months for license on an 870 pump. The FO is seldom there (job share)and is now out due to illness. Pretty frustrating!

Yeah it's was Naas alright,couldn't speak to anyone over the phone so I called into the station and three days later I got the grant letter,did you get many questions asked regarding the pump,good luck with app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Yzf R6 wrote: »
    Yeah it's was Naas alright,couldn't speak to anyone over the phone so I called into the station and three days later I got the grant letter,did you get many questions asked regarding the pump,good luck with app.

I have a mossberg maverick pump.. The licencing process is the exact same as an o/u.. they asked no questions why i wanted it over an o/u, if they did i would have said the gun fits me better and the third shot is useful for shooting pigeons.
    Its a restricted licence though if you dont limit the mag to 3 shot.

Its printed as a single barrelled shotgun on my licence which is what it is really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Same as garv with the mossberg pump, no problem with licence and no questions

Yzf R6 wrote: »

No questions. Might take same approach and head into the station some time follow up on the application. Dont mind the wait if I know its in progress etc and not lost

• Advertisement

giggsirish wrote: »
    No questions. Might take same approach and head into the station some time follow up on the application. Dont mind the wait if I know its in progress etc and not lost

Finally admitted today my application was lost. So back to square one filling in FCA1 again tonight!. The wait begins again :-(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I advise everyone to do this, and for this exact reason.

Photocopy all paperwork.

Even if the application goes through without a hitch i still copy everything. From subs to full applications i have copies of every license applied for.

A while back an application was taking longer than normal (actually a lot longer than normal). I rang, and was told the form was lost. I said no problem i have a copy, and can submit another one immediately. Was told to wait and they'd look again. Next afternoon i got a call to say they "found" it, and it's being processed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement