Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC interview?

• 21-05-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I have a few questions about a PLC interveiw. I'm going in for my first one on wensday *NERVOUS* :O anyway I was wondering what will I need to bring in with me? As in documents? CV or what? And will I be okay going in with my school uniform on? :) thanks for the help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

I had a PLC interview for BCFE about two years ago. Was pretty laid back they just asked me why I chose that college and why I wanted to do that particular course, what subjects I enjoyed at school ect, nothing too tough.

I didnt have to bring anything with me excpet my leaving cert results but I was a late interview so you probs dont have yours yet I wouldnt worry about that :) Id say if they require you to bring anything they will put it on the letter notifying your of the date and time of interview.

And yep im sure wearing your uniform would be fine, I wouldnt worry too much about what your going to wear. Its all quite relaxed, dont worry about it :) Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SJPK

agree 100% with 'Flunch', had mine today, uber relaxed no interrogating questions or anything, really just to see if your genuinely interested,i.e not a timewaster!
    i wore a jeans n shirt fairly casual but of course i was way'over-dressed' as there was fellars there in trackies and runners and they werent turned away :P
    few lads in uniforms aswell, respectable enough

sure yea'll be grand!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I have a few questions about a PLC interveiw. I'm going in for my first one on wensday *NERVOUS* :O anyway I was wondering what will I need to bring in with me? As in documents? CV or what? And will I be okay going in with my school uniform on? :) thanks for the help in advance
    There can be a lot of project work on PLC courses - you will have to convince the interviewer that -

1. you are interested in the course
    2. you are willing to work hard
    3. that you have a plan on what you intend to do after you are finished.

Getting 8 distinctions in a PLC course will get you 400 points for the CAO - and 8 distinctions can be done by turning up everyday, working to the best of your ability and getting the projects done on time.

Advertisement