Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FilmOn...live app

• 21-05-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Only recently introduced to this app by a friend and downloaded it to my i phone but when I go try look for it in app store on my i pad I can't seem to find it. I also told another friend about the app and he can't find it either when he searches for it on his i phone? Can someone tell the reason for this please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 navag

You're right, seems to have disappeared alright, not sure why, anyway you can still access through the browser at this address http://www.filmon.com/#Playlist

It's the same interface as the app

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I can't understand how it's still operating. I'd be gutted if they got shut down.

It's going to be invaluable during the Euros as my missis isn't going to be keen on watching games every night! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Oh noes I hope this isn't the end of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

This app recently changed from being a free app to charging 15 sterling a month or 150 sterling per year , if you already had the app installed and clicked on a "premium" channel , you were charged , and it was not clear which were or were not "premium" channels.

There was little or no notification that you were about to run up a bill on this previously free content , so I wouldnt be at all surprised that this is why its no longer available. Its a Scam app.

Ive deleted it , and if you dont plan on paying for the content , I'd suggest everyone else do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I've never been charged a cent by that app. Sounds odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

andy1249 wrote: »
    This app recently changed from being a free app to charging 15 sterling a month or 150 sterling per year , if you already had the app installed and clicked on a "premium" channel , you were charged , and it was not clear which were or were not "premium" channels.

There was little or no notification that you were about to run up a bill on this previously free content , so I wouldnt be at all surprised that this is why its no longer available. Its a Scam app.

Ive deleted it , and if you dont plan on paying for the content , I'd suggest everyone else do the same.

How can they charge me on the iPad? I have no 3g connection and only use Wi-Fi. I haven't given any card details when downloading the app for free?

Concerned as I use it a lot on the iPad but if they can't charge me i'll hang on to it?

They can't charge you a cent. Apple doesn't allow apps to charge people nefariously while using them. You can even disable in-app purchases to avoid buying crap you didn't mean to.

All that could happen would be they would pull the service on the existing app, and encourage you to download or BUY a new app that would require a subscription.

Make hay while the sun shines, and enjoy the current app as long as it functions.

Even to get free apps , you must supply credit card details for your itunes account ,

Apps can and do charge for content , and depending on how you have your device set up , it may not even ask for a password.

Heres an example ...

http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/warning-apps-can-make-charges-to-your-credit-card.311816/

Note the screengrabs for the settings .... check your devices , and watch out for this app , nothing good is going on here , your can sure of that , its not pulled from the store for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Even to get free apps , you must supply credit card details for your itunes account ,

Apps can and do charge for content , and depending on how you have your device set up , it may not even ask for a password.

Heres an example ...

http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/warning-apps-can-make-charges-to-your-credit-card.311816/

Note the screengrabs for the settings .... check your devices , and watch out for this app , nothing good is going on here , your can sure of that , its not pulled from the store for nothing.

No issue for me. Credit Card I registered with is no longer valid. I cancelled it a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Even to get free apps , you must supply credit card details for your itunes account

You can sign up without a credit card.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12936/create-an-itunes-account-without-a-credit-card/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

Heres an example ...

l've gotten free apps and used itunes gift cards and never used my credit card.

Heres an example ...

Disabling in-app purchases would have avoided that problem.

After Data Roaming, it should be one thing everyone has turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dades wrote: »
    I can't understand how it's still operating. I'd be gutted if they got shut down.

It's going to be invaluable during the Euros as my missis isn't going to be keen on watching games every night! :pac:

You should point your browser to www.aertv.ie

Excellent streaming of the Irish channels. The RTE player willl probably be doing the games too

Cool thanks - I didn't realise the RTE player did the live stuff!

I always thought it was archive only, with the live stuff being in Flash and - wait for it - Real.

EDIT: I note it's only selected programs available live... have to wait and see if the footy is going to be covered. Doubt it, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

filmon still works and is still free hence why it says free beside all the channels although they have added a new vod channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,922 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

filmon stopped working for me over the past week

cant access it now at all
    anyone else in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

mailburner wrote: »
    filmon stopped working for me over the past week

cant access it now at all
    anyone else in the same boat?
    I just tried it there, it got me to upgrade the app, which just meant downloading another free app with the same name from the app store. New one seems to be working fine.

Johnmb wrote: »
    I just tried it there, it got me to upgrade the app, which just meant downloading another free app with the same name from the app store. New one seems to be working fine.

ended up deleting and trying again but still no joy
    saying no wifi connection which isnt the case

works fine on the ipod though
    not sure what it is unless one being jailbroken and the other
    not maybe being the issue

The "new" app I downloaded is working fine for me.

Only a minor heart attack had when the old one stopped working.:pac:

• Advertisement

Filmon are in court just about everywhere they are operating.

The major broadcasters do not like what they are doing and are suing them just about everywhere.

Chances are they will lose , but they have a "solution" if that happens to be the case , not pretty , but apparently it works.

They also plan a paid only model for the future.

http://allthingsd.com/20101122/goodbye-free-tv-on-your-ipad-for-now/

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/122358.html

http://www.worldtvpc.com/blog/filmon-air-service-brings-streaming-tv-pc-mobile-devices/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

goin to miss Bikini and Party TeeVee:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

When in France on holidays two weeks ago I stupidly deleted the app from my iPad as I was not able to stream any channels (I had no idea there was any issue with the app disappearing from app store). I was trying to watch the Irish game believe it or not. Doing this sometimes helps me fix issues with certain apps, just delete and reinstall.

Anyway I was livid when trying to add the app back and found it had disappeared. To cut a long boring story short, I came back home and synched my iPad back to my PC and sure enough the Filmon App was still on my iTunes backup. I just dragged it to my iPad folder and it re-synched back onto my iPad. So if you have managed to save a copy on your PC/ Laptop it could be worthwhile trying to get the app back that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

When in France on holidays two weeks ago I stupidly deleted the app from my iPad as I was not able to stream any channels (I had no idea there was any issue with the app disappearing from app store). I was trying to watch the Irish game believe it or not. Doing this sometimes helps me fix issues with certain apps, just delete and reinstall.

Anyway I was livid when trying to add the app back and found it had disappeared. To cut a long boring story short, I came back home and synched my iPad back to my PC and sure enough the Filmon App was still on my iTunes backup. I just dragged it to my iPad folder and it re-synched back onto my iPad. So if you have managed to save a copy on your PC/ Laptop it could be worthwhile trying to get the app back that way.

So will the new app work in France does anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Dr. Nick wrote: »

It works here in Romania, so France should be fine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Dr. Nick wrote: »

In worked for me in the Languedoc region when I was on holidays, but because the Villa's wi-fi was poor it was not great tbh, but it did work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

In worked for me in the Languedoc region when I was on holidays, but because the Villa's wi-fi was poor it was not great tbh, but it did work.

Great - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

I've the FilmOn App on iPad. For the last week anytime I tap a channel to watch on the App it activates Safari and re-directs me to the FilmOn website. It's so annoying!

Anyone else having the same problem or even some kind of solution?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭JohnSmith765

corkery wrote: »
    Only recently introduced to this app by a friend and downloaded it to my i phone but when I go try look for it in app store on my i pad I can't seem to find it. I also told another friend about the app and he can't find it either when he searches for it on his i phone? Can someone tell the reason for this please?

Yes that happens to all of us. Just let the app take you to safari....click play sd free then sign up... Signing up is harmless jut enter your email they haven't spammed me anyway.... Then your all set only thing is u have to watch it in safari....

• Advertisement

I noticed they had been making the tappable area on the channel options smaller - such that most of the button would direct you to their site, and only a small part would launch the channel in the app. :pac:

Advertisement