Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White nails- classy or cheap?

• 21-05-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,

Some advice please ladies :)

Getting gel nails done this Thursday and I usually get a design of some sort but I've a few occasions coming up and want something subtle that will go with everything.

Now I could just go with the reliable old French polish but I was thinking of getting them all white. Seems to be a trend among celebrities and on the runways these days. I think it's so cool looking!

So my question is as ye title says... White nails- classy or cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Well i just painted mine all pastel yellow colour and think people will look at me funny in the office tomorrow - but its summery so I don't care :D I'd say white will look very similar - as long as the weather holds up they won't look bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

Wouldn't be my cup of tea. Maybe if you wear them short and square but not pointy or they would remind me of claws :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If they're short...lovely. Long and talon like...trashy. Its a very definite line for me with nails.

I HATE mega long nails, anything beyond 1-2cm in any colour, even if its french manicure and they have to be oval and rounded off. Square tips are hideous fullstop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think they can look lovely but, as anniehoo said, the length can really make them look trashy.

These for example look terrible IMO:

white%2Bnails.jpg

Way too bright, long and I hate those sharp edges too.

However, Kim Kardashian often has white nails and they look lovely. They're not bright white, they're a bit more subtle (nearly pinky-white) and they're kept a modest length:

white%2520nails%2520-%2520kim1.jpg

kims%2520white%2520nails.jpg

white%2520nails%2520-%2520kim.png

I think they look very classy and they would be extremely versatile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Neutral manicures are all the rage this Spring/Summer so I would say go for it! Bright white is a no no but a milky or pinky white can look really lovely or I think a white with a very subtle micro shimmer could be nice too. And keep the nails short and squoval! :)

I think this white mani from The Row is gorgeous and so versatile.

The-Row_Anya_Full-Face-w-Nails-de-71041425.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I personally think they look cheap, regardless of nail length/shape.

A french manicure is a lovely, classic look which I think looks far better than any colours nails and it goes with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mmm88

Cheap IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I personally think they look cheap, regardless of nail length/shape.

A french manicure is a lovely, classic look which I think looks far better than any colours nails and it goes with everything.

I agree with everything you said.

I must say I always thing ot a classmate of mine painting her nails in tippex when I see an all white manicure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Cheap and horrible - like Tippex!

If you want something to go with everything, stick with a classic French Manicure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Personally I like them, although I prefer an off-white to a bright white.

I am planning on buying Essie's Baby Breath as one of my next purchases:

Essie+Baby%C2%B4s+Breath+3.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Butter London have a lovely creamy white polish called Cream Tea. I love it, but getting the coverage just right cant be tricky.

Image from polishpolice.com

5502860069_e29e5bafc1.jpg

Advertisement