Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympic ticket prices

• 21-05-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Here's a good idea in the UK,for the olympics the prices for kids tickets are to be reflected by there age.
    For a 4 yr old it's 4 quid and eight yr old it's 8 and it's capped at a tenner for certain events.
    Do you think it would work for sporting events here and encourage parents to bring the kids along to get them involved with sport if the price is fair,surely that's a good thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

What is the story at the moment? Do the tickets sell out? If so, no alteration is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I think kids tickets are free or about €5 for rugby matches here, dunno about everything else.
    Same thing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

It's going to be the bomb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

And how are they gonna actually know their age?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Sappa wrote: »
    Here's a good idea in the UK,for the olympics the prices for kids tickets are to be reflected by there age.
    For a 4 yr old it's 4 quid and eight yr old it's 8 and it's capped at a tenner for certain events.
    Do you think it would work for sporting events here and encourage parents to bring the kids along to get them involved with sport if the price is fair,surely that's a good thing.

I want you to run my business!!! It would be awesome, and kids would love it and so would their parents and everything would just be so great!!!

And then we'd go bust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

They are generally cheap enough here, no? Not the fairest of comparisons as Olympic ticket adult prices are mad, artistic gymnastics ones are all over £200 and I would imagine all the other popular spectator sports are commanding the same prices or higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

"Hmmm, your sons are very tall for their age, sir."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Cut 'em in half and count the rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sappa wrote: »

This is only for certain limited sessions at the Olympics. Most sessions and nearly all medal finals kids pay full price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

RichieC wrote: »
    It's going to be the bomb!

There's enough going around CT sites about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

There's something a little bit wanky about everybody I know who keeps going on about the Olympic tickets they've ordered....

Are ye a wanker boyo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The Olympics are gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The gymnastics always hypnotises me. I watch it for ages.

Advertisement