Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc rf device help

Options
  • 21-05-2012 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all, long term reader- first time poster here.
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with a problem I'm having with a securewave 1070 alarm.
    Everything is hard wired apart from one pir that I have in the shed.
    On Friday evening, the alarm keypad suddenly started beeping, as it would in the event of a power failure. When I checked the the keypad, there was a comms failure message on the screen. Once I punched in the code, all seemed to return to normal. However, the following morning the alarm would not set, it just kept flashing up as comms failure. I checked the battery in the pir in the shed, and it was showing up at 2.4 volts on the multi meter. So I assumed the battery was gone, and in order to set the alarm, I deleted zone 7. ( the zone for the wireless pir)
    I replaced the battery today, and now can't get the zone to work again.
    I went into rf device menu- add,Id device and searched for the device. When I find the device, I scroll up to zone007 pir shed and press yes. The zone is set up as rf. I even tried setting up a new point/ zone, but to no avail.
    The alarm sets fine, all other zones work fine, but I can open the shed and walk around without activating the alarm!
    Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all, long term reader- first time poster here.
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with a problem I'm having with a securewave 1070 alarm.
    Everything is hard wired apart from one pir that I have in the shed.
    On Friday evening, the alarm keypad suddenly started beeping, as it would in the event of a power failure. When I checked the the keypad, there was a comms failure message on the screen. Once I punched in the code, all seemed to return to normal. However, the following morning the alarm would not set, it just kept flashing up as comms failure. I checked the battery in the pir in the shed, and it was showing up at 2.4 volts on the multi meter. So I assumed the battery was gone, and in order to set the alarm, I deleted zone 7. ( the zone for the wireless pir)
    I replaced the battery today, and now can't get the zone to work again.
    I went into rf device menu- add,Id device and searched for the device. When I find the device, I scroll up to zone007 pir shed and press yes. The zone is set up as rf. I even tried setting up a new point/ zone, but to no avail.
    The alarm sets fine, all other zones work fine, but I can open the shed and walk around without activating the alarm!
    Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

Is the PIR enrolling onto the system, also if you walk test the PIR does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Twostroke00

Hi Altor,
    No, walk test doesn't work. It's like it's not enrolling properly.
    Am I doing it right by searching for the rf device through "add, I'd device" then when it's found it, scrolling up to "zone 7 pir shed" and pressing yes?

Hi Altor,
    No, walk test doesn't work. It's like it's not enrolling properly.
    Am I doing it right by searching for the rf device through "add, I'd device" then when it's found it, scrolling up to "zone 7 pir shed" and pressing yes?

Hi Twostroke00,

It does sound like it is not enrolling on the system. What I would suggest is bring the PIR to the keypad. That way you can see if it is picking up the device, If there is only one press quit when it is seen and scroll to the zone to enroll the device on. Hold the back tamper and press the front tamper to enroll. It should say the device is IDed to the zone plus you should hear the internal bell chime. Also make sure the battery is inserted correctly. Just in case :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Twostroke00

Hey Altor,
    Thanks a million, just done it, and it worked perfectly.
    Mind you, the wife wasn't too happy:D
    Thanks again.

Hey Altor,
    Thanks a million, just done it, and it worked perfectly.
    Mind you, the wife wasn't too happy:D
    Thanks again.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement