Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat carried subject

Options
  • 21-05-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

is it possible to repeat a carried subject in autumn if you fail it in summer exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

Far as I am aware of you can. You will have to pay the repeat fee, it's 100 euro if i'm not mistaken.

Yes, you have four attempts at repeating a subject.

Just remember that if you fail to pass the exam in autumn, you will then have to repeat the module and will not progress further until you have that module passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

Yes, you have four attempts at repeating a subject.

is that 4 years or a total of 8 exams (Summer, Autumn), only asking because a girl in our course took her 5th auditing exam with us last week.

podgie. wrote: »
    is that 4 years or a total of 8 exams (Summer, Autumn), only asking because a girl in our course took her 5th auditing exam with us last week.

We've always had it drilled into our heads that we only have 4 attempts, in total.

Really? 5th? How? Is she carrying it from first year or something?
    Rather her, than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

We've always had it drilled into our heads that we only have 4 attempts, in total.

Really? 5th? How? Is she carrying it from first year or something?
    Rather her, than me.

Subjects cannot be carried from this year onwards. Compensation in up to max of two subjects failed 35-39%, you must have double the deficiency in two other subjects to compensate. The days of carrying and progressing are gone. You must now pass ALL subjects (with allowed compensation in up to two) to progress.

• Advertisement

Galway wrote: »
    Subjects cannot be carried from this year onwards. Compensation in up to max of two subjects failed 35-39%, you must have double the deficiency in two other subjects to compensate. The days of carrying and progressing are gone. You must now pass ALL subjects (with allowed compensation in up to two) to progress.

Yes, I'm aware.

Off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

Yes, I'm aware.

Off topic.

Pretty ON topic id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Let's not go down this road Galway. That was a snide post that isn't an attitude I want on this forum. The main rule on here is not to be a dick.

Advertisement