Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHD application

Options
  • 21-05-2012 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi,

I emailed a lecturer about persying a phd about a month ago and he replied saying he was very interested in meeting me with me, and asked if I was available to come to his uni for meeting, i had exams so we arranged that i would contact after that.
    so i emailed him last tues, then i rand secretary today and left message. she said not to worry he was very buzy,

but should i be worried?
    he could be buzy as he is director of a few courses... i dont know what to think really, sick of waiting to hear

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

verna wrote: »
    Hi,

I emailed a lecturer about persying a phd about a month ago and he replied saying he was very interested in meeting me with me, and asked if I was available to come to his uni for meeting, i had exams so we arranged that i would contact after that.
    so i emailed him last tues, then i rand secretary today and left message. she said not to worry he was very buzy,

but should i be worried?
    he could be buzy as he is director of a few courses... i dont know what to think really, sick of waiting to hear

thanks

He's probably just crazy busy. Most lecturers are, especially now with exams running. He has exam board meetings, corrections to have ready, people coming into him with sob stories about why they f*cked their exams etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 verna

thanks, that has reassured me somewhat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 verna

i'm in the process of doing up cv, statement of interest, getting references ect and plan on sending all that to him early next week, but still concerned

Advertisement