Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is the Alliance for Ireland?

• 21-05-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭

I have seen half page ads in Sunday and daily newspapers, one of Ronan O' Gara the other of Sharon Shannon, both calling for a yes vote in the referendum on May 31st. The ads just say "The Alliance for Ireland".

Who are they and why are they paying for expensive ads by minor Irish celebrities to call for a yes vote?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"The Alliance for Ireland" is a cabal of the Mossad, the CIA, Prince Philip and Daniel O'Donnell.

Oh yes, Jim Corr told me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

They're actually a puppet group set up by the Union of the Saucer People Allied with the Reverse Vampires in order to operate in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

At least it's not the Judean People's front, ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

The Alliance for Ireland is an association of business and voluntary organisations and Irish citizens who have come together to campaign for a “Yes” vote in the referendum on the Stability Treaty on 31 May.

Membership of the Alliance is open to all organisations who believe that “Securing our Future” is best achieved by a “Yes” vote.

An affiliation fee of €100 is payable by each organisation and individual wishing to take up membership of the Alliance.

Any organisation or individual affiliated to the Alliance remains free to conduct their own referendum campaigns.

Here you go.

My guess is a big business/banker front group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Irish Democracy - government of the people, by the bankers, for the bankers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

An affiliation fee of €100 is payable by each organisation and individual wishing to take up membership of the Alliance.
    Balls to that.

I'm going to set up "Reliance for Ireland" and it's only 50 sheets to join. You can vote whatever way you fucking want, too.

PayPal accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Balls to that.

I'm going to set up "Reliance for Ireland" and it's only 50 sheets to join. You can vote whatever way you fucking want, too.

PayPal accepted.

"Defiance of Ireland" here, €30 euro to join and ya dont even have to vote !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

RichieC wrote: »
    Here you go.

My guess is a big business/banker front group.

Really? This is the best the bankers can come up with? Not an old reliable, trusting face like Gaybo, but Ronan O'Gara and Sharon Shannon? Who's next in their role call of stars? I personally don't think we are in a position to make any informed decision about fiscal policy without knowing what Mundy's position is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Laika1986 wrote: »
    At least it's not the Judean People's front, **** splitters

Fixed that for ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

token101 wrote: »
    Really? This is the best the bankers can come up with? Not an old reliable, trusting face like Gaybo, but Ronan O'Gara and Sharon Shannon? Who's next in their role call of stars? I personally don't think we are in a position to make any informed decision about fiscal policy without knowing what Mundy's position is

It's clearly to shore up the D4 vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Surely Pat Kenny would have been better? Or Vogue from Fade Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

'I will die for Ireland' is the name of the group I am proud to be a member of, it involves drinking all your dole and getting fed at soup kitchens, we are a dedicated bunch who refuse to give in like all you sheeple. :cool:

token101 wrote: »

Surely Pat Kenny would have been better? Or Vogue from Fade Street?

Or the breffmister

Fixed that for ya ;)

Look's like the work of the Judean Popular People's Front if you ask me:mad:

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya ;)

Look's like the work of the Judean Popular People's Front if you ask me:mad:

PEOPLE'S FRONT! :mad:

My group is A Lion For Ireland. We all chip in and buy a lion to bring to all negotiations involving the country. We would have our debts wiped out, own Rockall and probably the Falklands within a month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I have seen half page ads in Sunday and daily newspapers, one of Ronan O' Gara the other of Sharon Shannon, both calling for a yes vote in the referendum on May 31st. The ads just say "The Alliance for Ireland".

Who are they and why are they paying for expensive ads by minor Irish celebrities to call for a yes vote?

http://www.ibec.ie/Sectors/Referendum/YFI.nsf/vPages/About_us~alliance-for-ireland?OpenDocument

My group is A Lion For Ireland. We all chip in and buy a lion to bring to all negotiations involving the country. We would have our debts wiped out, own Rockall and probably the Falklands within a month.

I think you're forgetting at the end we would also have a Lion which would automatically trump those previous achievements.

Biggins wrote: »

The list of current donors comes to 34. At €100 a pop thats €3400. They must be being funded from other sources also to afford their website and extensive half page newspaper ads.

Are Ronan O' Gara, Sharon Shannon et al receiving anything for appearing in these ads?

If so should this be mentioned in the ad like radio and TV ads for banks where they say Joe Bloggs has received a gratuity for participation in this ad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The list of current donors comes to 34. At €100 a pop thats €3400. They must be being funded from other sources also to afford their website and extensive half page newspaper ads.

Are Ronan O' Gara, Sharon Shannon et al receiving anything for appearing in these ads?

If so should this be mentioned in the ad like radio and TV ads for banks where they say Joe Bloggs has received a gratuity for participation in this ad?

Its certainly businesses that is the make-up of this group, to be sure.

Any half page advert by the way for any national paper, your talking at least €14,000 upwards for a day's printing. Possibly more depending on the paper.
    The website part of it can be cheaply done. The paper and leaflet but, thats where the serious bug money has to be put into.

• Advertisement
Advertisement