Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a guide to all of the characters in game of thrones

• 21-05-2012 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

hope the mods dont mind me posting this. sometimes i find the series hard to follow especially with all the character and warring factions. i found this site and it's a wiki of the series. the most surprising thing i found is the guy who plays joffery is actually from Co. Cork.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Aye, he also had a small part in Batman Begins, he's the scared little boy Katie Holmes looks after near the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

hope the mods dont mind me posting this. sometimes i find the series hard to follow especially with all the character and warring factions. i found this site and it's a wiki of the series. the most surprising thing i found is the guy who plays joffery is actually from Co. Cork.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki

This is so handy, have been watching it from the start but am getting muddled up with whos fighting who and who is in each family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Aye, he also had a small part in Batman Begins, he's the scared little boy Katie Holmes looks after near the end!

Saw him in Reign of Fire as well. I think he's done an amazing job in Game of Thrones, always look forward to his scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

thought joffrey was more likely from kildare. there's an interview of him on youtube talking about GOT. he sounds like jedward

• Registered Users Posts: 10 linute555

pookiesboo wrote: »
    This is so handy, have been watching it from the start but am getting muddled up with whos fighting who and who is in each family
    God allmighty! The amount of characters and their names was and still is the only f..k up in this show. (And i'm good at remembering names!) Literally have to pause while watching and clarify it with my friend who's fighting whom and how the hell they're related. Especially that the 2nd season took so long to arrive we'd had forgotten half of the characters... Anywho, i'm just having a look at HBO's site with all the names and description's of the characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There's a useful iOS app which covers all the characters and has spoiler settings which let you hide details from the books you've not read yet so you could just set it for the second book and it'd hide locations, characters etc. that haven't featured in the series yet.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/game-of-thrones-companion/id400598887?ign-mpt=uo%3D6&mt=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Saw him in Reign of Fire as well. I think he's done an amazing job in Game of Thrones, always look forward to his scenes.

Dont think thats him in Reign of Fire.

Does a great job with Joffery, I truly despise him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

was thinking about making a few GoT Sigs, I found this one which nails my colors to the mast as a Dornishman ( not the only thing from Dorne I'd like to nail)
    206493.JPG
    I was thinking of making a few more, now obvioulsy the Stark/Lanister/Greyjoy ones or the Nights watch will be recognisable to most readers and viewers, but I was working on a kinda parody ad linking a well known Credit card slogan about things being priceless and a Certain Iron bank of origing across the Narrow sea, how would that be viewsed in terms of spoilers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

heres the Maestercard sig, is it too spoilery???

Edit

heres an edit, the spoilers are still there in the smallprint
    206508.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

just slight off the topic but was up in HMV today and they are selling the first episode for €1.99 on DVD. though it was a mis-print till one of the staff pointed out to me that it was only the first episode. still though not bad for €1.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Nice site. Was able to find out where I knew the actor (Ralph Ineson) that played Dagmer. He was Chris Finch in the office!!!!

Next on my list is to see who played the Lanister cousin that Jamie murder when they were caged up together. I'm nearly sure he used to have a part in Emmerdale or a similar soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Lister1 wrote: »

Next on my list is to see who played the Lanister cousin that Jamie murder when they were caged up together. I'm nearly sure he used to have a part in Emmerdale or a similar soap.

The actor in question was in Emerdale , but the character himself is makkey uppy , or at least he is not in the books as the show portrays him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Nice site. Was able to find out where I knew the actor (Ralph Ineson) that played Dagmer. He was Chris Finch in the office!!!

He also plays the guy who kisses Roy's bare arse after a massage in the IT Crowd. :)

Lil-Bat-Dude.jpg

Now that I think of it, I don't think he even has any lines in the film. I've got an uncanny memory for actor's faces though. (Pity that doesn't translate into real life and people's names.)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    heres the Maestercard sig, is it too spoilery???
    The one with the bigger text might be. It probably isn't yet, but might be in later seasons when they start mentioning the debts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Nice site. Was able to find out where I knew the actor (Ralph Ineson) that played Dagmer. He was Chris Finch in the office!!!!

Think his name was Robert in Emmerdale, shacked up with Katie behind his brothers back when he was in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

golfball37 wrote: »
    Think his name was Robert in Emmerdale, shacked up with Katie behind his brothers back when he was in it.

He was Robert Sugden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Nice site. Was able to find out where I knew the actor (Ralph Ineson) that played Dagmer. He was Chris Finch in the office!!!

He also plays the guy who kisses Roy's bare arse after a massage in the IT Crowd. :)

Lil-Bat-Dude.jpg

Now that I think of it, I don't think he even has any lines in the film. I've got an uncanny memory for actor's faces though. (Pity that doesn't translate into real life and people's names.)
    According to imdb he is in reign of fire. Obviously very young.

Advertisement