Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 6 Results

Options
  • 21-05-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I don't see a thread so thought I'd make one.

Chargers beat the CPU Patriots 50 something to 31 although it shouldn't have been that high of a score by the pats. Blount got almost 300yds rushing so happy with that.

Chargers are now 5-1 and are dying to see the result of Titans-Raiders :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens sweep the Steelers 45-14

Michael Bush HB 4 TD's
    Jake Locker QB 333 yds 14-24

Handy win, Steelers are godawful, worst team in the league

Ravens go to a poor 2-4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Weird, weird game.
    Lost two fumbles, threw four interceptions. Lost the turnover battle by 5 but still won this one easily.
    Nmadi Asomugha single-handedly kept the Browns in this (2 sacks, 2 INTs, 1 FF, 5 tackles, 1 pick-6) for the first half of the game. Bengals then pulled away and started trying some adventurous offense which didn't suit Cam Newton (5 TDs, 4 INTs).
    Jeremy Maclin finished with 10 rec for 91yds and 5 TDs.
    Michael Turner 21 carries for 197yds.

Bengals keep their 3-game lead in the North now at 5-1.
    Chargers up next week, then big game against the Ravens.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lukebray wrote: »
    Chargers are now 5-1 and are dying to see the result of Titans-Raiders :p

Aren't we all :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dallas Cowboys 55-0 New Orleans Saints

Easy win here. I was expecting more of a challenge considering the CPU Saints beat me last year, but they offered nothing at all.

Manning threw for 309 yards, 5 TD's and 2 INT's. Ochocinco has become one of my favourite targets, a great off-season pickup, and he had 9 receptions for 172 yards and 3 TD's. Larry Fitz had 7 receptions for 72 yards and 2 TD's, and Ahmad Bradshaw ran for 150 yards and 1 TD.

On defense 3 players had INT's, but bad news as my number 2 CB Lawson suffered a broken collarbone, meaning he misses 8 weeks. Newly acquired AC O'Neal will slot in whilst he's out. Good news as my first choice TE is back after the next gameweek.

Bye week next week for the Cowboys, before a game against the Cardinals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It's a wet evening at LP Field, Raiders win the toss and elect to kick first.

MJD.. struggles on 2 runs and next pass falls short so the Titans punt.
    Raiders make good yards on 2 downs and break it 60 yards for a TD.

7-0 Raiders
    Titans move the ball well in the air.. MJD is struggling..
    However on their next play the Titans go PA and throw an int

Inaccurate throwing leads to the Raiders punting.

Titans cant move it and punt it away.

Raiders move it well to the red zone... then a fumble! Titans recover.. Raiders challenge but the decision stands.
    Also.. the Titans break the Raiders RB's ankle.. he's out for the game.

But.. the Scahub throws a pick 6..

14-0 Raiders with 4:35 in the 1st half.

Wayward throwing leads to a Titans punt

Titans D forces a punt with 1:32 on the clock and 2 TOs remaining.

Titans go to the hurry up and then throw a pick 6.

Titans get the ball back are moving it past midfield, The game laggy at points then disconnects for me.

Raiders I think its fair to recreate the score and possession (you deserve it)

• Advertisement

Titans and Raiders recreate the score.

Titans get the ball and then struggle to move it and have to punt it to the 6 yard line.

Titans D forces a punt.
    Titans move it to the redzone

Titans have to settle for a FG

21-3 Raiders

Raiders then throw a pick 6 to Newman

21-10 Raiders

Lag then forces a short short squib kick to give the Raiders good field position.

Raiders get themselves a FG

24-10 with just under 2 in the half.

Titans send Best on a streak down the middle.. the pass looks good but it gets picked off.

However... Raiders throw a pick to Shaun Rogers and they get the ball back at the 37 yard line

MJD (lag assisted) breaks about 4 tackles and hauls a tackler into the end zone with him for a TD.

24-17 with 20 seconds left
    Raiders run it and Titans dont use their TO's

24-17 @ Titans to receive.

Titans move it to midfield, but throw an int.
    However Raiders cant move it and have to punt.

Scahub and MJD move it in the air and MJD gets a TD.

24-24 with 9 mins left to play.

Knox has made 2 great plays in this game and along with Olsen, the Raiders get into the end zone pretty quick

Titans make a goal line stand but the Raiders on 3rd and short take a toss into the end zone

31-24 Raiders with 6:22 to play.

Raiders blow coverage on MJD and he takes it 60 yards for a TD

31-31 - 4:34 in the game

Raiders struggle to move the ball and go to 3rd and 10 and then They get disconnected.

It gives me the option to exit and count but tbh neither of us want a draw :pac:

Matthew, we've had a fairly laggy 2 games.
    Probably best to call this one a night and we can play tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That right there is why I enjoy playing the CPU. No lag. That was a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

matthew8 wrote: »
    That right there is why I enjoy playing the CPU. No lag. That was a nightmare.

No much point in being in a league like this if its only cpu games. Just play an offline franchise

etloveslsd wrote: »
    No much point in being in a league like this if its only cpu games. Just play an offline franchise

The clear majority of the time it's better to play player versus player, but it really puts me off when I play in lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

The Falcons beat The Broncos 28 - 0

Broncos had a rough day with 4 missed field goals due to the windy weather in mile high, i love that stadium

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

San Francisco gain a little bit of revenge for the playoff defeat last season to re-enter the race for the play offs.

This was a strange game.

packers got the ball first and drove down the field, but Bradford was in charitable mood and threw a pick.

Matt Cassell was also feeling generous as he threw a pick on his very first pass.

The packers however had to settle for 3 as the niners red zone defense held them out.

The 49ers, still rattled from the previous series produced nothing in a 3 and out. Cassell was lucky not to have another pick, but Green bay got the ball on the 48 and had a big play, with scoring a 48yd TD.

10-0 Green Bay.

San francisco finally got going on offense and put a decent drive together and finished with a 4-yard TD pass to new man benn.

In the second quarter the defenses were strong, until Braylon edwards scored a TD on a ten yard pass with 26 seconds left.

HT: 17-7

From the opening kick off of the 3rd quarter devin hester takes it out, but suffers a monster hit and coughs up the ball, green bay take over.

Again the 49ers D steps up and holds the packers to 3. 20-7.

On the next possesion a bit of a breakdown in the green bay defense as Cassell hits benn for a 79yard TD. 20-14.

at this point the 49ers really needed a stop to try and close the gap but green bay marched down the field, eating up clock and finishing with a 3 yard TD pass to edwards. Green bay kick the extra point rather than trying to make it a 14 point game. 27-14.

In the fourth quarter on 3rd and short cassell hits jimmy graham out of a run formation for a 39 yard touchdown to close the gap to 6 once again. 27-21.

On the next drive with the packers looking to run down the clock, but they need to punt it away. SF march down field and and punch it into the end zone with the full back. 28-27 SF.

On the next drive with green bay move into field goal range with just over 2 mins left. Looking to run some clock before the FG try Ray rice takes it up the middle but a big hit from Major Wright and ball comes out. SF recover.

Jamaal Charles takes off on a long 49 yard run to put the 49ers further ahead. 35-27.

With 1:47 left there is still time for green bay but despite their best efforts they run out of time on the drive. Final 35-27.

Epic game, I was sure you were going to get a TD at the end there.

continuing from madden 11 I seem to able to beat you in the regular season but not when it matters in the playoffs.

Best of luck from here on, hopefully see you in the playoffs.

nice win adrian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Adrian, you forgot about the most ridiculous catch I've ever seen by Kenny Britt. My two players run in to each other, so neither get the pick, the ball bobbles up in the air and lands in Britt's hands for a 3rd down conversion. :pac: Great game. Might not make the play offs with the loss though!! Hoping 9-7 will see me into the play offs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

SantryRed wrote: »
    Adrian, you forgot about the most ridiculous catch I've ever seen by Kenny Britt. My two players run in to each other, so neither get the pick, the ball bobbles up in the air and lands in Britt's hands for a 3rd down conversion. :pac: Great game. Might not make the play offs with the loss though!! Hoping 9-7 will see me into the play offs!

Yeah, forgot about that, not only a conversion but a huge pass as well, asout 30 or 40 yards. Game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, forgot about that, not only a conversion but a huge pass as well, asout 30 or 40 yards. Game changer.

With this three weeks holiday, you might not make the playoffs. :eek:

I just about beat the Vikings last night. Was going mad. Tom Brady played unreal and was destroying me the whole game with ridiculous passes that I most people in the league wouldn't pull off never mind the CPU.

Raiders @ Titans, Titans win the toss and elect to kick.

Bell makes easy progress into the redzone and then goes over for the TD..
    7-0 Raiders

Westbrook then takes the return all the way to the Raiders 37 yard line.

Titans move it the redzone but have to take a FG.. but it hits the upright and thankfully goes over"

7-3 Raiders

Titans force a quick 3 and out.

Titans move it to midfield and im sure ive audibled into a pass but its handed off to MJD who loses yards and the pass on the next lay is incomplete.
    Titans punt but stop the Raiders who are forced to punt.

Titans suffer a bout of lag and throw an int.
    Raiders run it into the endzone on the next play.

14-3 Raiders with 3:48 in the half.

Titans move it well and get into the end zone with 50 seconds left/

14-10 Raiders

Titans force a 3 and out with 12 seconds left and 3 TOs.. can they do anything??

The Raiders go 3 deep but MJD slips and its picked off but the Raider cant do anything.

14-10 Raiders @ HT Titans to receive

Titans cant do much and need to punt it away.

Raiders need to punt after a hard hit forces a dropped pass.

Titans move it well but struggled after midfield and have to punt.. the punt hits the pylon and lets the Raiders start at the 20.

Start of the 4th Q 14-10 Raiders

Raiders have a 3 and out..

Titans have a couple of long 3rd downs but MJD and Finley make epic catches.

Titans are eating up the clock and getting closer to the end zone.

**2min warning**

Titans are on 4th and 7 in the on the 22.. they go for it. but they dont complete it...
    Turn over..a couple of first downs win the game
    Raiders on 3rd and inches.. they get it and thats game.

Some Stats:

Titans with 279 yards of offense 132 rushing
    Raiders with 176 yards of offense and 143 rushing

15 first downs for the Titans and 5 for the Raiders

Scahub with a QB rating of 39, 12 from 21, 147 yards 0 TDs and 2 Ints
    Hill with a rating of 40, 2 from 10 33 yards 0TDs and 0 Ints

MJD had 33 carries for 129 yards and 1 TD
    Bell had 14 carries for 133 yards and 1 TD

MD caught 8 passes for 108 yards

Good game Raiders, was fairly tense but enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Tegan Attractive Net

redskins 40
    eagles 16

passing:
    kolb 15/25 for 307 yards 3 tds 0 ints
    mccoy 14/27 for175 yards 0 tds 1 int

rushing
    redskins: 15 att for 153 yards 2 tds
    eagles 16 att for 153 yards and 2 tds

defense
    redskins 3 sacks 1 int 1 saftey
    eagles 2 sacks 0 int

redskins finally put there losing streak to an end a switch in formation helped them shore up there non existent run d and actually stop someone
    kolbs new toy larry fitz put up 136 yards and 2 tds and made the offense very hard to stop

the eagles had a tough run some silly drops by receivers on 4th downs killed them and a seftey in the 2nd quarter didnt help. we have a rematch in 2 weeks hopefully we can get it in before my hols as im sure empacer is dying for some payback

Biggest game of the week in the BFL, and the Raiders were looking to remain unbeaten on non-simmed games.

Quarter 1
    It was pissing rain and the Titans chose to kick the ball off. The Raiders said thank you very much and ran the ball down the field with ease and eventually Reggie Bush took it in from 6 yards out. 7-0 Raiders.

The Titans had a big kickoff return and took the ball to the Raiders 4, and they were lucky to get anything after Lawrence Timmons dropped a sure pick. 7-3 Raiders.

On the next Raiders drive Greg Olsen had the ball but dropped it soon after for an incompletion and the Titans were punted to.

Quarter 2
    After a long period in which neither offense could do anything Matt Schaub threw an interception to Will Witherspoon. DeAngelo Bell took the ball in from 33 yards on the first play of the drive. 14-3 Raiders.

On the next drive the Titans took their time and eventually MJD made up for the goalline stop on their first drive, taking it in from 7 yards out.

Quarter 3
    The football gods shed a tear as the rain caused Greg Olsen to drop another 2 absolutely simple catches and the Titans got a few first downs but nothing else.

Quarter 4

Third down, around 5 minutes to go. Matt Hill drops back to pass, and the entire Titans left side is blitzing. Knox is wide open for a long TD pass. Just float it out there. But the pass is a long way off and the Raiders go 3 and out.

The Titans converted every third down in sight on this drive, until they reached the 22 with 2 minutes to go. Stopped on 4th and 7 turnover on downs. The Raiders need only one first down and a DeAngelo Bell second down run tees Sammy Morris up to crash through the line for a yard to seal the win.

I would say it was nice playing you Titans but for long periods it was dreadful football.

Who won the war of the players traded?

Matt Schaub was awful, with 2 interceptions. Reggie Bush was anonymous. MJD had 108 yards receiving and 133 rushing, however he averaged only 4 yards per carry and his longest run was 16 yards so Timmons is the victor, with an immense 13 tackles.

DeAngelo Bell won MVP for his 14 carry, 133 yard and a TD performance.

There is one absolutely hilarious team stat. The Raiders only had 6:58 possession time, while the Titans had nearly 4 times that with 25:02.

Stats:
    The passing was shocking. Matt Hill went 2 for 10, 33 yards and no TDs nor interceptions with a 40.8 QB rating, marginally better than if every pass was incomplete. He missed a TD but Greg Olsen can be blamed for at least 3 incompletions. Matt Schaub went 12 for 21 for 147 yards, no TDs and 2 interceptions.

DeAngelo Bell and MJD both had 133 yards and a TD on the ground, but Bell did it with only 14 attempts, while MJD used up 33 attempts.

On the Raiders side, Santez Beasley had a catch for 33 yards, Bell had one for no gain and Olsen had 3 drops. For the Titans, MJD had 8 catches for 101 yards, Finley had 3 for 37 and Thomas had 1 for 2 yards.

No sacks were made, Moore and Witherspoon intercepted a pass each and there were no fumbles. MJD made more tackles than Patrick Willis, who only had 1 solo tackle and an assist. I avoided him and his forced fumbles all day. The Titans leading tackler had 4 tackles, while the main contributors for the Raiders were Timmons with 13 tackles, while Witherspoon had 7, 1 for loss and Haynes was absolutely crucial in the middle, nothing got past him at DT and he collected 7 tackles, 2 for loss. He was my MVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Raoul wrote: »
    With this three weeks holiday, you might not make the playoffs. :eek:

I just about beat the Vikings last night. Was going mad. Tom Brady played unreal and was destroying me the whole game with ridiculous passes that I most people in the league wouldn't pull off never mind the CPU.

The vikings not human now?

etloveslsd wrote: »
    The vikings not human now?

Speaking of human, are you around to play your game?

• Advertisement

I am asbolutely chuffed with this result, it's extremely hard to see me being left out of the playoffs at this point and I could get a big win total. 4 CPU games in a row now will almost surely bring me to 9-1 before my game with the Bengals, and I have 3 CPU games after that which should bring me to 12 wins at the very least at the end of the season. I also have 3 more non-CPU games to win in order to go undefeated (first game of course doesn't count).

redskins 40
    eagles 16

passing:
    kolb 15/25 for 307 yards 3 tds 0 ints
    mccoy 14/27 for175 yards 0 tds 1 int

rushing
    redskins: 15 att for 153 yards 2 tds
    eagles 16 att for 153 yards and 2 tds

defense
    redskins 3 sacks 1 int 1 saftey
    eagles 2 sacks 0 int

redskins finally put there losing streak to an end a switch in formation helped them shore up there non existent run d and actually stop someone
    kolbs new toy larry fitz put up 136 yards and 2 tds and made the offense very hard to stop

the eagles had a tough run some silly drops by receivers on 4th downs killed them and a seftey in the 2nd quarter didnt help. we have a rematch in 2 weeks hopefully we can get it in before my hols as im sure empacer is dying for some payback

Cracking win that Nerd.

I knew Larry Fitz would be a great weapon for you, thank God I don't play you again this season as I have a feeling he'd come back to haunt me :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Cracking win that Nerd.

I knew Larry Fitz would be a great weapon for you, thank God I don't play you again this season as I have a feeling he'd come back to haunt me :pac:

im even happier with my run d to be honest larry was a safe bet was kinda wasted in your gameplan would have liked another crack at ya

I am asbolutely chuffed with this result, it's extremely hard to see me being left out of the playoffs at this point and I could get a big win total. 4 CPU games in a row now will almost surely bring me to 9-1 before my game with the Bengals, and I have 3 CPU games after that which should bring me to 12 wins at the very least at the end of the season. I also have 3 more non-CPU games to win in order to go undefeated (first game of course doesn't count).

Sounds more like an offline franchise with the amount of CPU games you have.

Paully D wrote: »
    Sounds more like an offline franchise with the amount of CPU games you have.

It's a joke isn't it. Clearly the league is trying to throw my game off for the playoffs.

It's a joke isn't it. Clearly the league is trying to throw my game off for the playoffs.

haha whatever you say al

haha whatever you say al

Talk all you want chainsaw Dan (I'm implying Dan Snyder is a terrible owner), it won't change superbowl XVIII.

Talk all you want chainsaw Dan (I'm implying Dan Snyder is a terrible owner), it won't change superbowl XVIII.

ahhhhh im hardly dan snyder now im 27 mil under the cap and have no intention on spending it all on a free agent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams 7 Bills 15. Afumble in the third on their 23 cost me this one. couldnt get my throwing going at all. Disappointed.

• Advertisement

What time are the Giants playing tonight?

Advertisement