Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating and plastering wall from scratch? (Brick wall)

• 21-05-2012 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi, just wondering if there are any videos of how to properly insulate and plaster a wall from a brick wall or can anybody explain?

I have an outside concrete shed and I need to finish the inside. All it has is the bricks. Do I put wood over the bricks and then insulation, or does the insulation go on the bricks? If anybody could give me some detailed explanation or a link to a full video of start (just brick wall) to finish completely, that would be great.

Any more information I need on this is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Will this shed have a heat source? Is a plaster finish necessary? As insulated plaster board or even battened out insulation with a ply finish might suit your needs

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robbyrne22

I did this exactly and I built a link from the house down to the shed, it's my bedroom. If you buy 62 mm kingspan with plaster board attached, should cost you around 28 euro a sheet. it's expensive but worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

get insulated slabs 28mm up to 72mm afaik they start at 28 euro up to 50ish for the 72mm,get fixings to suit. stand upright starting at either side use gypsum plasterboard compound and put a few blobs around the back of the slab,position and drill 8/10 holes with a 8mm bit using a sds drill drive fixings in with a hammer and plumb with long level.cut the rest to fit and repeat,then skim it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

fozz10 wrote: »
    get insulated slabs 28mm up to 72mm afaik they start at 28 euro up to 50ish for the 72mm,get fixings to suit. stand upright starting at either side use gypsum plasterboard compound and put a few blobs around the back of the slab,position and drill 8/10 holes with a 8mm bit using a sds drill drive fixings in with a hammer and plumb with long level.cut the rest to fit and repeat,then skim it.

BOOOOMMMM!!!::D

Advertisement