Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to next ?

• 21-05-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

So, Im curious, where to next ?

In the 80's , during gap years or when finished college we all went to London, it was the big thing, Camden Palace, Electric Ballroom, Worlds End in Camden town, we thought we were the coolest thing ever.

Then the 90's rolls around and it off the the States, New York and Boston mainly and if you were uber cool, San Francisco.

Into the 00's and its Austrailia, with a quick stop over in Thailand for a reenactment of the The Beach and a quick dose of Chlamydia for the really adventurous !

Austrailia seem to be hanging in there at the moment , still really popular, but im sensing change is on the horizon.

Where do you think is the next big destination for the travellers of today ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Bundoran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Coming to a halting site near you

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

China

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Poland let's all pretend we're going for the Euro Championships then just stay and take there jobs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Canada and further down the line I think mainland Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Shryke wrote: »
    Canada and further down the line I think mainland Europe.

Irish people only tend to emigrate en masse to other English speaking countries.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

A gap year in the 80's?

This thread smells peculiar, it smells nicer than the 80's but still peculiar.

A waft of nonsense perhaps?

LaLaLand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Moon.

After all it belongs to America and awaits the arrival of their astromen. Will you be among them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Canada, Dubai, Japan, China, parts of Asia, other than New Zealand, Oz and the US and parts of Europe. The UK is still popular. Though going to parts of Ireland is big thing now a days mmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

your ma's gaf maybe????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

your ma's gaf maybe????

any carrots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mosney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

I forgot Inter railing, does anyone do that anymore ? did it for a few months, was brilliant, greek islands, bits and pieces of europe, working in bars, living out of rucksack. People should do that again, it was brilliant.

doovdela wrote: »
    Canada, Dubai, Japan, China, parts of Asia, other than New Zealand, Oz and the US and parts of Europe. The UK is still popular. Though going to parts of Ireland is big thing now a days mmmm.

you have just mentioned nearly the whole world....?? good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Southern Europe after the Euro split. US will pile funds in there, trying to get a med-centered quasi-union of North African labour, Turkish, Italian, Spanish & possibly French industrial expertise, squeezing the Northern part of the EU (with their uncompetitively overvalued Nord-Euro) between it & Russia who will naturally want to help out any Slavic nations that have suffered once again due to German attempts to discipline its neighbours.

Faced with the choice between working for boring Germans for feck all & working in this new boom-zone for feck all but with nice weather & lovely ladies... we will all head there... welcomed as one of the fellow oppressed.

Australia, of course, will still have some appeal, but will seem so very 2010/2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

i NEVER draNK A daY in my life!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Poland maybe?

any carrots?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

tempura wrote: »
    Into the 00's and its Austrailia, with a quick stop over in Thailand for a reenactment of the The Beach and a quick dose of Chlamydia for the really adventurous !

really adventurous is right, lol think I've wandered off the beaten track more from my amchair. Or in my head or just cleaning out the closet

knew my share of dicaprio & co's who followed that tourist trail back in the 90s they musta bn rolling em off the production line i hope the irony of the movie didn't escape em.. According to my bro in Vancouver there's tallaght lads moved in next door. Canada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

(y)Armagh

Edit - Well that didn't take long.

Advertisement