Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a product in front of Architects and Builders

Options
  • 21-05-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭

So i've been away from Ireland for over 4 years now. I'm thinking about promoting a building product in the UK and Ireland but have no idea of the reality of construction industry apart from the media and gloomy reports from friends and family.

Surely there is some building going on, commercial or government as opposed to residential?

So if I want to get my product in front of buidlers and architects, are thre still trade shows or central bodies that promote things to the trade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Really depends on the type of product . Can you narrow product type down at all ? Also is it a resale or new product development

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Its a manufacturing process that we want to licence that makes a product which can be added into designs by architects and installed by builders. Very astheticly pleasing, improves energy efficiency of the building and is very cheap to make locally and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 denisdl

There a lot of products being thrown at architects in that field at the moment but too no avail. I am one of those people with a licenced product similar to yours but there is nothing happening on the new build side of things. There is a market on the retro side but the only way that works these days is door knocking . Hope I was of help....

PM me if you want any more advice....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

So am I right in thinking totally no new commercial, educational, healthcare or residential builds, everyone in Construction is on the dole?

(This is the picture my friend just painted over Skype of Portlaoise)

• Advertisement

no its not that bad, the only companies that are trading are companies that have made it through the recession and have the contacts built up.....in your case re launching a new product,you would be better off linking up with a company that has similar products and then its just an add on for them.........

• Registered Users Posts: 14 magunk

Try to qualify for a CPD program. Get the accreditation and get in front of the specification makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SweetPea6

Or try to target companies that are working with local authorities on projects. There are quite a few of these on the go at the moment.

Advertisement