Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Collection

Options
  • 22-05-2012 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys

I have a quick question.

I fell into debt as a student with Ulster Bank. I recently received a letter from Debitask saying that They were acting on behalf of Ulster Bank to act as a collection agent. Has anyone heard of this company before?

Secondly I have been informed that I am entitled to inform Debitask that I wish only to correspond with Ulster Bank, as Ulster Bank have not written to me to say that they have sold my debt to this debt collecting company.

I do understand that I must repay this, but Debitask are being very uncooperative when I have tried to communicate with them in regards to the repayment of the debt.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Contact your local Ulster Bank direct and deal with them. Start paying off something, tell the debt collectors your dealing with Ulster bank and also get Ulster bank to inform them the same. See can you turn a bad situation good by banking with them again and getting back trust with the local branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hagmiester wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have a quick question.

I fell into debt as a student with Ulster Bank. I recently received a letter from Debitask saying that They were acting on behalf of Ulster Bank to act as a collection agent. Has anyone heard of this company before?

Secondly I have been informed that I am entitled to inform Debitask that I wish only to correspond with Ulster Bank, as Ulster Bank have not written to me to say that they have sold my debt to this debt collecting company.

I do understand that I must repay this, but Debitask are being very uncooperative when I have tried to communicate with them in regards to the repayment of the debt.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

You could contact UB and tell them you dont want to deal with Debitask but they may insist you do.

Most likely they have have not sold the debt as debitask said in their letter that they are acting on behalf of UB and thus UB are paying them to collect on the debt still outstanding to UB.

No doubt someone will come on and say they have no legal standing which is partly correct as they cant take you to court directly but often they just have their solicitors act on behalf of UB to do this part. So it is in your interest to engage and get this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Contact UB recoveries dept. That's where you need to go. Check the website, local branch or one of those letters you got for the phone number.

It's highly unlikely you could enter a payment plan at this stage. Full settlement is being looked for. That's the banks stance at the moment, just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Contact UB recoveries dept. That's where you need to go. Check the website, local branch or one of those letters you got for the phone number.

It's highly unlikely you could enter a payment plan at this stage. Full settlement is being looked for. That's the banks stance at the moment, just so you know.

A payment plan could be put through the collection agency most likely. UB may only take full balance to resolve at this point but the collections agency would be willing to take a payment plan.

Advertisement