Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

17th June Spartan Schoolboy, Cadets & Kids Open (sub-wrestling)

• 22-05-2012 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey all,

Spartan are going to hold a Sub Wrestling Tournament for Schoolboy, Cadets & Kids on the 17th of June.

This is open to all clubs.

the age categarys are:

Kids : 7-12

Schoolboys : 13-14 or age 12 with a medical certificate and parental authorization

Cadet : 15-17

The rules will vary in each category. Each Match will limited to 3 minutes.
    Kids will be scored on points, and will have NO submissions!!!
    If they get mount for 20 seconds instant win, or back with hooks for 5 seconds instant win.

Schoolboys & Cadets will be run as a no-gi submission wrestling tournament with the obvious submission restrictions which will be explained on the day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

what kind of medical cert are you looking for and why? I've never seen that stipulation before

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

what kind of medical cert are you looking for and why? I've never seen that stipulation before

Sorry med-cert not necessary just parental consent. Its usually used in big wrestling tournaments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Hey bres,

Can you detail the submission restrictions for cadets before the day? Our guys would be used to IBJJF rules so if there's some changes I'd like to have them clued in. Also some detail on the ruleset you'll be using would be great. I take it for the -12s that they'll be grouped on the day like the old NSC kids?

Also, cost! I'll probably have a few in each category though for the juniors, budget (I mean parent's budget) is an issue and for the cadets it is in and around exam time and I have a few in both categories.

Nice one,

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭StcIreland

Hey bres,

Can you detail the submission restrictions for cadets before the day? Our guys would be used to IBJJF rules so if there's some changes I'd like to have them clued in. Also some detail on the ruleset you'll be using would be great. I take it for the -12s that they'll be grouped on the day like the old NSC kids?

Also, cost! I'll probably have a few in each category though for the juniors, budget (I mean parent's budget) is an issue and for the cadets it is in and around exam time and I have a few in both categories.

Nice one,

Barry

Hey Barry,

The submission on the day would be joint locks and blood chokes...

for the -12 yes we will be grouping them on the day like the old NSC and pretty much using the same points system...

Points System

2 points Take Down
    3 Points Guard Pass
    4 Points Mount
    4 Points Back and Hooks
    1 Point Guard Recovery

The Price is 15 euro

Hope that helps Barry

Thanks
    Dan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

StcIreland wrote: »
    Hey Barry,

The submission on the day would be joint locks and blood chokes...

for the -12 yes we will be grouping them on the day like the old NSC and pretty much using the same points system...

Points System

2 points Take Down
    3 Points Guard Pass
    4 Points Mount
    4 Points Back and Hooks
    1 Point Guard Recovery

The Price is 15 euro

Hope that helps Barry

Thanks
    Dan
    Cool. I'd imagine we'll have a few little ones but as I've said the junior cert might get in the way of the older kids.

For teens then, no guillotine and I take it no crushers, knee bars toe holds?

Just another thing though, the date is the same as the wrestling course in your place!

• Advertisement

Bumping as it is fast approaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Can you pay on the day? I may have a warrior for the cadets.

Chris89 wrote: »
    Can you pay on the day? I may have a warrior for the cadets.

Yes you may! pay after weigh in! :)

so just show up on the day? no registration beforehand? cheers.

Registration for the event will be at 10 am on the day and we will look to kick this off shortly after...

just to clarify the rules

Kids 7-12 years
    will be points matches or holding mount or securing seat belt and hooks.

Teens from 13-17 years

will be sub-wrestling blood chokes and joint locks and guillotines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Irelandbjj

What will the weight divisions be ??

Any idea what numbers would be like? Would like to bring my brother along but would hope he would get a few people in his division instead of 1 or 2.

Any idea what numbers would be like? Would like to bring my brother along but would hope he would get a few people in his division instead of 1 or 2.

Hey Chris

what age is your brother ?

He is 15 and around 55kg. cheers.

Irelandbjj What will the weight divisions be ??

We will be using the 'madison system' for this tournament.

This basicly means we will be pairing people on the day according to weight, age and experience this is to discourage weight cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irelandbjj

And how many matches will cadets get ?

Irelandbjj wrote: »
    And how many matches will cadets get ?

you will go up against everyone in your group

Up early thismorning and drove out to Tallaght only to find today is the 16th. :(

Up early thismorning and drove out to Tallaght only to find today is the 16th. :(

Now you know the time it takes u to get there so u can have a bit of i lie in tomorrow.

Advertisement