Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howl at the moon

Options
  • 22-05-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Hey , just wondering does anyone know the age for howl at the moon is on Fridays ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

new night started there, its either 23s or 25s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

It's defiantly neither of those , since I'm going for a 21'st (at least I hope not or the host really hasn't done their homework! ) It's just my younger sister was planning on coming with me , (she's 19 ) and I want to make sure she will get in .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It doesn't matter what age they say it is, the only age you need to be is over 18. Mention the Equality Authority to them
    http://www.equality.ie/en/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

It doesn't matter what age they say it is, the only age you need to be is over 18. Mention the Equality Authority to them

Managment reserve the right to refuse

I really just want to be able to get in hassle free to be honest , don't want to have to argue my sisters case and get into all that equality crap if at all possible.

I've looked on their website and there's an event posting saying "over 19's every Friday " but it dates from April and I'm not sure if they've changed their age policy since then as it seems to change quite frequently from what I have gathered ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I really just want to be able to get in hassle free to be honest , don't want to have to argue my sisters case and get into all that equality crap if at all possible.

I've looked on their website and there's an event posting saying "over 19's every Friday " but it dates from April and I'm not sure if they've changed their age policy since then as it seems to change quite frequently from what I have gathered ??

Should be fine but if they refuse based on age, tell them it's advertised on their website. If you have a smart phone you could show the bouncer the page there and then, and ask to speak to their supervisor if they still refuse and tell him about the advertised age allowance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

aaabbbb wrote: »
    It's defiantly neither of those , since I'm going for a 21'st (at least I hope not or the host really hasn't done their homework! ) It's just my younger sister was planning on coming with me , (she's 19 ) and I want to make sure she will get in .

i got a message from the guy running the night, pretty sure its going for after work, young prof crowd now.

Just got an email back from them there confirming they are 19's on Fridays thanks anyway guys for your help !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

And they will of course mention to you section 15(4) of the Equal Staus Act 2000, as amended by section 25 of the Intoxicating Liquor Act 2003:
    If—
    (a) the holder of a licence or other authorisation which permits the sale of intoxicating liquor adopts a policy of refusing to supply intoxicating liquor to any person below a specified age which exceeds 18 years,
    (b) a notice setting out the policy is displayed in a conspicuous place in or on the exterior of the premises, and
    (c) the policy is implemented in good faith,
    a refusal to serve intoxicating liquor to such a person shall not constitute discrimination on the age ground.
    and then point to the notice and tell you, in good faith, to sling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Good to know, just a quick question, it states refusing to serve but it mentions nothing about refusing entry. How is that covered by law?

• Advertisement
Advertisement