Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for my last 2 days in Melbourne

Options
  • 22-05-2012 5:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I have only 2 days left in melbourne, I feel I have wasted alot of my 3 weeks here just getting pissed, I been to most of the brewerys, st kilda beach and ive been up on the eureka tower, I will probably visit the Ned Kelly Jail when im in town tomorrow but I would like some ideas to pack 2 big long days before I go back home, I was thinking of the great ocean road but im not sure I want to devote 1 whole day to that because I dont really think it will appeal to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Stop wasting it on the internet imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Cushion on Fitzroy St tonight !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Very difficult to plan something with only two midweek days left. I done the GOR in a day a few weeks ago. The weather was unreal for it but to be honest, I'd have liked to spend another day down there and most of the enjoyment was with the few people who done the trip with me. Some really nice scenery though. As a single fella, I'm almost ashamed to say that I'd probably spend my last two days trying to ride a few Aussie birds before I left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Very difficult to plan something with only two midweek days left. I done the GOR in a day a few weeks ago. The weather was unreal for it but to be honest, I'd have liked to spend another day down there and most of the enjoyment was with the few people who done the trip with me. Some really nice scenery though. As a single fella, I'm almost ashamed to say that I'd probably spend my last two days trying to ride a few Aussie birds before I left.

Nothing to be ashamed of, how'd you get on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

If you want to do something in the city the ACMI (Movie museum) is amazing and aparently so too is the Melbourne museum although I haven't been.

An evening out in Brunswick or Chapel depending on your tastes.

Southbank is another good spot although midweek is not a great time, especially with the weather not being great.

A short drive down the GOR to see Lorne, Apollo Bay and the lighthouse from Round the Twist could be nice but if a nice drive and scenery ain't your thing then maybe not.

Some people in the hostel I live in went to do "The thousand steps" yesterday and said it was really cool. Good walk through a forest from what I gather, I'd never heard of it.

Plenty to be doing anyway.

I'm outta here tomorrow myself, but have been here 4 months so don't feel I missed out on anything.

• Advertisement

Nothing to be ashamed of, how'd you get on:)

I work Monday to Friday so my chasing is confined to the weekends (or the odd sneaky Thursday). I tend to find that the Irish accent can be useful once you get away from the usual Irish hang-outs. Not sure where would be good on a Tuesday or Wednesday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I work Monday to Friday so my chasing is confined to the weekends (or the odd sneaky Thursday). I tend to find that the Irish accent can be useful once you get away from the usual Irish hang-outs. Not sure where would be good on a Tuesday or Wednesday though.

wheres good thursday

wheres good thursday

Not sure where the best spots are on Thursdays. I've only ever stayed local enough on a Thursday (I live in St Kilda) so I only know what it's like. I normally wouldn't be into the backpacker scene but last Thursday I went to Base hostel with some friends who just moved to Melbourne and the place was crawling with women. I couldn't believe it! I live across the road from it so I think I'll be sniffing round there the odd Thurs night over the next few months. Haven't a clue about anywhere else in the city. As I said, I work Fridays so I wouldn't be on a huge sesion on Thursday nights anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Thursdays in Base is Ladies Night. Great Spot for picking up chicks but there's plenty of competition there too though. Cheap Gargle too

The Corkman in Carlton has a trad session every Thursday too and its very good so check that otu if you fancy some irish music and good food and beer.

PJ O'Briens will prob be full too on a Thursday.

2nyt however is Tuesday and Cushion (my most hated place in Australia) is where most ppl will be found. Get in before 10pm for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

State of Origin tomorrow night at Etihad Stadium, there should be ladies in the vicinity also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement