Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TOR] Update 1.3 Announced

Options
  • 22-05-2012 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭

Bioware released the SWTOR 1.3 preview last night. In addition to some Legacy improvements, a group finder has been included and a server transfer option is being intorduced. Some augmentation stations are being added also. I dont know about you but this could revieve the game for me as I can finally run all those HC4's and port my characters onto a more active server.

All the details can be found Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

im still playing but imo the fact the LFG system is not cross server is an epic fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Agreed. I was initially against cross-server functions because I felt BioWare would be proactive enough, and involved enough with players to preempt the need for them but it's now painfully clearly they're as inept and distant as Mythic were before them. Given Open World PvP has likewise fallen flat on its face due to a lack of effect on the game, easy access to players, or benefits to players for taking part the game might as well take full advantage of cross-server functionality to sustain it.

Not too impressed by Legacy 1.3 either, far too much of it is restricted to individual characters so it feels more like a credit sink than a genuine expansion.

There are still some good things in the patch and I will still be playing but BioWare needs to start pulling their fingers out if they want to the game to have a chance at growing beyond where it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yup,

The cross server thing is a complete fail. If WoW can do it why cant Bioware. It smacks of laziness on their part. Hopefully server migration will bolster numbers somewhat!

Vicxas wrote: »
    Yup,

The cross server thing is a complete fail. If WoW can do it why cant Bioware. It smacks of laziness on their part. Hopefully server migration will bolster numbers somewhat!

Indeed, server merges should have been far more proactive than they were and its genuinely amazing to see how patronizing BioWare reps have been responding to requests for faster mergers. These new super servers BW are looking at better be the dog's proverbials to stand any chance of making up for it.

The problem is that people have already abandoned the game out of pure rage. They need to merge servers and make transfers free for a limited time.

If they charge people to move characters from a dead server there will be murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nothing in the preview for 1.3 or the rest of whats "coming this year" will get me to subscribe again. They can add all the companions they want but until you can match the companion you like with companion abilities you want its pointless.

If they massively boosted the xp from the personal story so players could level up just by that I bet a huge amount of players would resub for a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

May be in the pipeline for 1.3 already - I remember hearing about a legacy advancement perk that boosted XP from story content. Those perks should in general make running alts more enjoyable... I hope.

Not massively, but you can now get up to a 30% boost on XP for: Improved Warzone, Flashpoints, Space Missions, Class Missions & Exploration. Should make running alts a little less grindy

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20618-game-update-1-3-legacy-perks

Alts were never really grindy imo, if you run 1 or 2 FPs/HC+4 you never really miss the planet XP curve

Yeah, but it's a pain in the ass having to run all the same planet quests. Buffing all the other stuffs XP should make that less so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

I hope this one will not be a disappointment.

boarder294 wrote: »
    I hope this one will not be a disappointment.

It shouldnt be,

Alot of the gripes with TOR were low pop servers and group finding issues. The server migrations seemed to have made the majority of people happy so 1.3 will only make it better i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Vicxas wrote: »
    It shouldnt be,

Alot of the gripes with TOR were low pop servers and group finding issues. The server migrations seemed to have made the majority of people happy so 1.3 will only make it better i guess.

^^ This basically 1.2 was a content update lots of shiney new things to poke at and put blaster blots through the new patch to me seems like its more of an "under the hood" patch refining whats already there and adding a few nice features.

I hope they optimise the client. Im getting a fook ton of lag and stuff from the game still

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Coming Tuesday according to website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Yup tomorrow. Really looking forward to how they do the group finder and ranked warzones now. Especially with the amount of people on Freedom Nadd.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

1.3 LIVE!

I like it, improves on alot that they made in 1.2 and the group finder for FP's is quite good. Planet HC4s are still tough to find but im willing to overlook that.

Yeah it's pretty good. Getting black hole commendations from using the group finder is pretty cool too. I would've liked to see HM and NiM Ops included but I guess they want to leave them for guilds to do themselves.

Looking forward to giving the warzones a go too.

Oh and in case anyone missed it, on the PvP quest terminal on the fleet, there's a new quest you can instantly get full recruit gear off, or a token that you can sell for 320k instead!

If i did PVP id be excited :D

• Advertisement

While I don't like the fact the new Legacy stuff isn't really Legacy, it's great to see so many people online at once, even if it makes Black Hole a bit of a pain to grind daily. :o

Haven't used the LFG tool yet (plenty of guildies still active thankfully) but I might give it a go later tonight to see what it's like.

LFG is still pretty slow to match you up. Forget about Planet stuff as noone signs up for that but it beats standing around the fleet LFG all the time.

LFG is fine for flashpoints for Black Hole comms, but I wouldn't use it for ops, it's very slow and a bunch of randomers doing the Heavy Fabricator in KP without any voice comms? No thank you!

Advertisement