Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair

• 22-05-2012 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I need to get a Dell laptop repaired.

It is about 20 months old so it is not an ancient machine that needs replacing.

Dopes anybody have any recommendations for a good laptop repair person in Limerick.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What's wrong with it? If it's 20 months old it might still be under warranty, have you checked on Dell's site with the service tag to see the warranty status?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd recommend Billy Murphy in Expert PC Repair near Raheen Church.

p.s. I've no connection with Billy or his business btw.

omg i was about to say him also he s very good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

used guy in parnell street to repair my laptop excellent job

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I used the one in UL recently, near the students union. Did a quick repair on a damaged power jack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

what exactly is wrong with the laptop OP? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

+1 for expert pc repair. Good guys who won't rip you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Xsiborg does repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

The Snipe wrote: »
    Xsiborg does repairs.

didnt want to be seen as shilling snipe, yknow yourself, there's a few of us in here in the limerick forum that are tech savvy enough between us to be able to maybe help the OP diagnose and repair the problem by themselves, increase their knowledge, and save themselves a few quid... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Clareman wrote: »
    What's wrong with it? If it's 20 months old it might still be under warranty, have you checked on Dell's site with the service tag to see the warranty status?

Indeed, isn't there some EU rule that things are covered for 24 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

xsiborg wrote: »
    didnt want to be seen as shilling snipe, yknow yourself, there's a few of us in here in the limerick forum that are tech savvy enough between us to be able to maybe help the OP diagnose and repair the problem by themselves, increase their knowledge, and save themselves a few quid... :D

That would be true, but if he's looking for a repair this soon and it being dell, its more then likely effed! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

He's also very expensive in my experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Went to Expert PC Repair yesterday, based on the recommendations on this thread. Very helpful and actually did the repair while I waited. I was very happy with the price and the work done. Just thought I would add my voice here for what it is worth, obviously I have no connection with the business but I would recommend them for what it is worth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Sorry to hijack thread, but I was wondering about costs for this?

My laptop has been infected with the Garda trojan virus/worm and I've attempted to sort it myself with no success.
    Any idea of costs that these guys charge for this sort of removal?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What operating system are you using? Windows XP/Vista/7? Try downloading something like Spybot - Search & Destroy software and let try to clean it.

Other than that try doing a system restore back to a date prior to when the trojan was installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack thread, but I was wondering about costs for this?

My laptop has been infected with the Garda trojan virus/worm and I've attempted to sort it myself with no success.
    Any idea of costs that these guys charge for this sort of removal?

Thanks

Take yourself off over to the virus and malware forum.....read the sticky there first but I find them very helpful.

Advertisement