Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Value for my Desktop Cab?

• 22-05-2012 8:56am

Anyone give me a rough idea on how much I could get for my Desktop Cab, no PC gear, just the cab, 19"LCD, controls and an extra joystick?

dscf1113wn.jpg

dscf1111k.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

Bit of a shame if you're selling your own custom cab.

If you managed to find a customer who's a transformers fanatic, you could probably get more for it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Start with the cost of materials and then add an extra 100 for labour maybe?

I've no idea if that would be accurate or fair but just my initial thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'd be interested if you do decide to sell it on.
    Keep me in mind :)

RedXIV wrote: »
    Start with the cost of materials and then add an extra 100 for labour maybe?

I've no idea if that would be accurate or fair but just my initial thoughts?
    That's what others have said to me, figures I was getting back from them was €250 - €300. A mate of mine told me earlier that you can buy desktop cab kits on ebay for €200 and that's just the cabinet, so would €300 for mine be a fair price when you consider your getting a 19"LCD and the controls?
    Steve SI wrote: »
    I'd be interested if you do decide to sell it on.
    Keep me in mind :)

You can have first grabs on this Steve and if you still wanted the Amstrad I could maybe do you a deal :pac: Drop me a PM

I've put it up on adverts if anyone is interested :)

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/new-desktop-arcade-cabinet/1677619

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I think you undervalued it a bit, the parts list alone would exceed your asking price.

I think you undervalued it a bit, the parts list alone would exceed your asking price.
    Going to leave it priced @ €250 but I will not move on that as I do think it's a fair price, but thanks for the input Bandit :)

Just to update on this, selling my PC with the cab:

Case: XIGMATEK Midgard Mid-Tower Case
    Mobo: ASUS - M4A87TD EVO
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor Black Edition @ 3.6GHz
    RAM: Patriot - Gamer Series Black Edition 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz
    HDD: 160GB
    GPU: ASUS GTX560 1GB DDR5
    PSU: 680W

It will come with the emulators and games also, see my ad.

Advertisement