Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Tractor

• 22-05-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi, i am thinking of buying a brand new MF5455 with front loader (new type snoopy bonnet)? Are they a good tractor? Do anyones of you have newish? Would it pull a 1600gallon slurry tanker? I want a real good all rounder. It comes with a 5 year warranty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Farfield wrote: »
    Hi, i am thinking of buying a brand new MF5455 with front loader (new type snoopy bonnet)? Are they a good tractor? Do anyones of you have newish? Would it pull a 1600gallon slurry tanker? I want a real good all rounder. It comes with a 5 year warranty.

i have the older ver and it pulls 1600 tanker no bother really and the newer one is a good deal more powerful so your ok on that score anyway, think its 115 hp now or something where it was 100 previously

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Farfield

Yea, its 112hp with a power boost on the shaft and in 3rd and 4th gears to 125hp. My lanes are fairly steep though. Its not so much the power, but the weight. Shes not a very heavy tractor, though size is defo ideal for round the yard and in the silo and cattle house etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭grumpyfarmer

One thing to watch with them is the power boost makes them fairly thirsty.. oh and turning circle wouldn't be the best i think the new 5450 has a tighter one but its a lighter tractor..

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Farfield

Well i have an old MF 4255 and its thirsty enough!! I thought these new ones were more economical. Are they a Sisu or a Perkins?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭grumpyfarmer

Well i have an old MF 4255 and its thirsty enough!! I thought these new ones were more economical. Are they a Sisu or a Perkins?
    Perkins. you have to go up to either the high hp 4 cylinder ones or 6 cylinder or down to the compact 3 cylinder 3600 series (which i have) to get a sisu engine in a massey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

One of the neighbours has one with wheel weights on the back, look a shop fit, looks well, if you need that extra weight for loader or traction

The new 5450 looks great for a stockman tractor, but lighter back end again

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

yes good tractor neighbour has the 125hp model and it does every thing slurry 2000 gal, mazie sower, wheat sower, diet feeder and buck rakes in the summer!! noisey tractor is da only problem

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭THE LINK WALSH

:eek:,are you sure about this??,which dealer are you buying it from ill give him a shout for one aswell,thats serious warranty,1 Year would be more like it.

Advertisement